Sign in to follow this  
Zan

Server Downtime

?

Wait what?

The quest for ever lower IP's for steam browser priority.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eaglewonj @ Jan 19 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The quest for ever lower IP's for steam browser priority.

Bright red. Italics. Underlined. Bold. My god if anyone fails to see it this time, I honestly will not know what to think of them.

And for those who really just can't comprehend what that simple statement means... Lower the IP, higher it appears in the list of servers in steam. Lower IP, more traffic to server.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ Jan 20 2009, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Bright red. Italics. Underlined. Bold. My god if anyone fails to see it this time, I honestly will not know what to think of them.

And for those who really just can't comprehend what that simple statement means... Lower the IP, higher it appears in the list of servers in steam. Lower IP, more traffic to server.

I don't understand :S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ Jan 20 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

But who sorts by IP?

I always sort by map, player count, ping, and server name (for looking through for mods and such).

This may get you faster refresh times on the browser list, but I don't see anyone but tards coming to the server simply due to higher IP ._.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Junzou @ Jan 20 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

$10 says Zan is full of shit about IPs switching. He'll be getting in some trouble if he's lying about this.

I really don't think that Zan needs to be punished over something like that. That's a bit extreme Junzou. BTW I have talked to P2 many times about exactly what Zan is talking about. P2 is always looking for new ways to promote the servers and the steam IP priority is something we have talked about at length.

Nice there all back up!

BTW:

74.86.81.64 - Surf

74.86.81.65 - Dust

74.86.81.66 - WCS #1

74.86.81.67 - WCS #2

74.86.81.68 - Zombie Mod

74.86.81.69 - ?

74.86.81.70 - Bolts n Screws #1

74.86.81.71 - Bolts n Screws #2

Sign in to follow this