Sign in to follow this  
Kelso

Need A New Headset

I'm getting a headset for Christmas, I've been looking at reviews and whatnot and I seriously can't decide. I'm looking for something that is durable (i dont want anything falling off within the first week), and just as importantly, a good mic. That's the entire reason I'm getting a new headset, so I can have an actual microphone. Sound is pretty important too, but I don't need anything spectacular.

I went with the Razor Barracuda, 130$ buts its very nice. It has "Surround Sound" And its not one of the shitty small headsets its on the bulkier side so it wont break easily.

Guest starscream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (B'laz.e @ Dec 14 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I went with the Razor Barracuda, 130$ buts its very nice. It has "Surround Sound" And its not one of the shitty small headsets its on the bulkier side so it wont break easily.

I was going to recommend this one as well, its styled in the 'gamer' style headset, looks a bit goofy but, i have a plantronics cheaper version of the same styling, and its the best headset ive had to date.

you can find of course, even more expensive ones than the razr, that have like 6 point surround sound, etc, blah blah, but w/e. id only really use a headset for gaming, would use a real surround sound speaker system for media anyway, and a gaming headset is optimized for that, even if it is stereo.

HOWEVER, make sure you read the Razr headsets prereqs carefully, i THINK when i was reading the box at Best buy it said it needs the razr sound card or some shit to fully optimize the 3d surround virtualization shit it does for you

I have turtle beach headphones and I love them. Full 5.1, an equalizer built into the cord dongle and the cables are all split so you can keep your surround sound hooked up.