Sign in to follow this  
Zan

Clan Reform Idea #2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slipomatic @ Dec 22 2008, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm willing to help moderate the forums, + I know all the stuff on moderating forums.

besides I would love to see more activity from clan members :D

It would give some people a chance to give something to the community that they couldn't do through the other ways of contributions, like coding, map making, donations, etc.

If you want to learn how to map, add me on xfire, unless you're already on there... I dunno, I have too many friends. It's not very complicated. I'll teach you the basics if you want to learn. :)

Guest Fohacidal

Wow totally forgot about this, gg zan

it dosent seem like a bad idea

but ADV's worked there ass off to get there so the senet idea sould problay tweaked so only older members can be voted in (NOT AGE but lenght in clan)

How about this. We add the Senator position, about 5 or so, and all they get to do is recommend people to be let into the clan, moderate the forums, and a few other basic things to lend a helping hand. I don't see the point in limited terms though, we would eventually run out of people that can be trusted, you wouldn't want that now do you? But then again, that's basically what the Advisers are for. I do think we need forum moderators though, just a few, or we could do like Facepunch does, and have certain people for each certain area, but I'm not really sure if that's necessary.

Oh well, is this even serious anymore?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Jan 15 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

How about this. We add the Senator position, about 5 or so, and all they get to do is recommend people to be let into the clan, moderate the forums, and a few other basic things to lend a helping hand. I don't see the point in limited terms though, we would eventually run out of people that can be trusted, you wouldn't want that now do you? But then again, that's basically what the Advisers are for. I do think we need forum moderators though, just a few, or we could do like Facepunch does, and have certain people for each certain area, but I'm not really sure if that's necessary.

Oh well, is this even serious anymore?

After seeing your avatar.... no.

anyways, the original idea seemed so convoluted....

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0yHAZE @ Jan 16 2009, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

After seeing your avatar.... no.

anyways, the original idea seemed so convoluted....

your nowhere in the plan trust me :D

No system is or ever will be perfect; the system in place now is functional and works to some degree.

Picture it as a wall with a few holes and cracks. What you're suggesting is tearing down that wall to build another in its place. That's a completely illogical way to solve the problem and not to mention a waste of time and money. The logical thing to do would be patch the holes and repaint the wall.

When your dishes are dirty you clean them, you don't throw them away and buy new ones.

I gave you two metaphors; think about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoinStar13 @ Jan 16 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No system is or ever will be perfect; the system in place now is functional and works to some degree.

Picture it as a wall with a few holes and cracks. What you're suggesting is tearing down that wall to build another in its place. That's a completely illogical way to solve the problem and not to mention a waste of time and money. The logical thing to do would be patch the holes and repaint the wall.

When your dishes are dirty you clean them, you don't throw them away and buy new ones.

I gave you two metaphors; think about it.

Taking off from what your saying,

I personally don't think that the current system is broken at all. The current system simply isn't pleasing everyone, but i don't think there is a system that will please everyone. This system has been in place ever since i first joined UV and what REAL problems have come up? besides the complaining of a few people here and there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zan @ Jan 18 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

* Cough* I just want the forum moderator position added now. Screw the rest of the idea.

Bump. I agree. I also think real veterans should at least be able to skip the time period requirement, or at least lower it to a month in between each rank, it's not hard to spot the ones that are left. Everything else is okay though, I just don't want to wait a whole nother year and a half, that's ridiculous.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zan @ Jan 18 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

* Cough* I just want the forum moderator position added now. Screw the rest of the idea.

Yep. That's all I wanted from the very beginning.

Sign in to follow this