Sign in to follow this  
UltimateOreo

Downtime Information

As you all know, our Dust2 and Zombiemod #1 server went down around on Saturday October 18'th.

I would like to that this time to inform all of you about the reason and consequences of this downtime, as it does directly affect some of you.

The 2 servers are down because a former Quantum Servers employee had gained access to the Server that hosts our Dust2 and ZM1 server, and installed a malicious script which basically over-wrote all of the information stored on our harddrive, and every harddrive connected to the network.

This usually wouldn't be a problem, but due to the script attacking every hard drive connected to the network, it also erased the hard drive that contained all of the backups. The servers will be offline until Quantum Servers can retrieve the data off of the hard disks, which the timing is not known.

Other than the server being down, the main problem with this is that one chunk of our data was lost when the harddrives were erased, it's the file that saves Zombie and Human kills. Other than that, Phoenix2 has a backup of all of the data, so nothing else will be lost and everything will remain the same.

We were not the only ones affected by the coward who decided to attack Quantum Servers, our friends at HellsGamers.com may be at a complete loss with their community, standing since 2005. He is also the owner of Quantum Servers, so everything could be delayed a little while because of his loss.

If there's any good that comes out of this, it can be that we get our Zombiemod #2 server popular.

For all of you sitting here while Zombie #1 gets back up, give Zombiemod #2 a shot, let's see if we can kick this server off of it's feet!

ZombieMod Insanity #2 Classic

b_350x20_C692108-381007-FFFFFF-000000.png- Stats

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Oct 20 2008, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Conspiracy!

Precisely!

No one believes me when I say that Oreo is planning on taking over =(UV)= And then the World!

Guest UrbanerMezei

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (´Vind!care.#AiD @ Oct 20 2008, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Woah I dont see what they are getting for attackting the server-

Hard on perhaps...

this is what makes the internet suck, malicious people who gain nothing from acting like total douches.

oh well at-least the WCS and surf servers weren't on the same provider.

Guest UrbanerMezei

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eggcracker @ Oct 23 2008, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

How come all the servers are down right now? i wanna playyyy before class but they're not up :(

Patience young Jedi.

On a serious note, what is going to happen with all the people who had admin subscriptions during the period of downtime?