Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gamer4125

Dub or Sub?

Simple question, do you prefer an animes sub or dub?

I usually stick with the one I find first, seeing as how I leanr about most of the animes I've watched through YouTube, so when I google it I usually pick the version that video had.

I think I've watched 2 dubs and 3 subs. I know there are more animes I've watched (probably around 8), and one dub I'm currently watching, but i can never remember some names after name 6 series. I personally prefer dub, as long as it isn't horrid.

subsubsubsubsubsubsub

dubs are for faggots

Agree Agree Agree

I think English detracts from it; it sounds clunky in English and (in my opinion, possibly due to the foreignness) sounds artistic in Japanese. I've only watched a dub for one OVA and that is because all the subs were A)pulled due to copyright or B)pulled by the user for no apparent reason.

subsubsubsubsubsubsub

dubs are for faggots

Agree Agree Agree

I think English detracts from it; it sounds clunky in English and (in my opinion, possibly due to the foreignness) sounds artistic in Japanese. I've only watched a dub for one OVA and that is because all the subs were A)pulled due to copyright or B)pulled by the user for no apparent reason.

My friend told me to watch a dub for "Infinite Stratos", where every girl is from a different country; didn't even last 5 minutes. It would have been okay if they didn't have shitty accents for each character. The french girl who has one of the best japanese seiyuu gets a husky french voice and the british girl sounded like Hermione. I don't even.

subsubsubsubsubsubsub

dubs are for faggots

trudat.

1 exception was rurouni kenshin. Watched all the episodes both dub and sub, but i honestly enjoyed the dub of it more.

Now that I think about it, Yu Yu Hakusho probably had the best dub. The voices fit the characters and they had excellent opening/ending songs too.

[media=]

This is actually the best line in an anime.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ^

Agreed, best line in anime ever.

I like to listen and watch what's going on, I feel subs are too distracting for me. Granted, I do admit there are some animes that have some bad voice actors.