Sign in to follow this  
Jiyeon

Voice Suggestions

I've brought this up before some years back, but I was wondering if it would be possible to get a mod that makes it so only dead people can hear dead people. I'm very sick of being the last guy left trying to listen for foot steps and people will refuse to shut up - even when asked nicely - and even start talking more. It's a hassle for me to mute specific people when I'm trying to not die and I don't use voice_enable 0 because I do enjoy talking to most of the people on the server.

I would ask you guys to please strongly consider this.

Guest Horny©at

Yea. It'd be pretty badass if there was a plug-in that muted all dead players when it's under a 5 v 5 or something similar.

I'm very sick of being the last guy left trying to listen for foot steps and people will refuse to shut up - even when asked nicely - and even start talking more.

Sorry dawg :(

Yeah, this is a pretty easy fix...should just be a setting in the mod, otherwise I can link/upload a !voice plugin...

throw this in your autoconfig

alias voice "voiceoff"

alias voiceoff "voice_scale 0;alias voice voiceonn"

alias voiceonn "voice_scale 1;alias voice voiceoff"

bind <key> voice

I will try that for the next time I play, but still, players like that should be punished as they are breaking these rules:

1. Do not spam the mic or text. Spamming will be defined as the over-use or abuse of the microphone and/or text chat. Repeating the same message over and over would be considered mic/text spamming.

2. Be quiet when you are dead and other players that are still alive. It is unfair for other players to have to try and hear over your speaking in game. They should be able to hear approaching enemies with ease.

3. Don't be disrespectful. I think this is pretty obvious. Disrespecting players or admins will not be tolerated. Use appropriate wording and don't get carried away with cursing. We will not punish people for cursing but someone acting out or repeating curse words will be considered breaking the rules.

(They aren't swearing, but they are still disrespectful in the sense that they won't listen when I ask them to be quiet when they are breaking the first and second rule I listed above.)

No admins seem to care about muting them or punishing them in any way when this occurs. I shouldn't need to have some extra bind to turn voice off when they are the ones breaking the rules.

I will try that for the next time I play, but still, players like that should be punished as they are breaking these rules:

1. Do not spam the mic or text. Spamming will be defined as the over-use or abuse of the microphone and/or text chat. Repeating the same message over and over would be considered mic/text spamming.

2. Be quiet when you are dead and other players that are still alive. It is unfair for other players to have to try and hear over your speaking in game. They should be able to hear approaching enemies with ease.

3. Don't be disrespectful. I think this is pretty obvious. Disrespecting players or admins will not be tolerated. Use appropriate wording and don't get carried away with cursing. We will not punish people for cursing but someone acting out or repeating curse words will be considered breaking the rules.

(They aren't swearing, but they are still disrespectful in the sense that they won't listen when I ask them to be quiet when they are breaking the first and second rule I listed above.)

No admins seem to care about muting them or punishing them in any way when this occurs. I shouldn't need to have some extra bind to turn voice off when they are the ones breaking the rules.

I agree 100%. It's nice to have the chit chat at times, but when dead people just start having a conversation while you are trying to clutch or something can get quite obnoxious. I wouldn't mind admins starting to enforce the rule of muting people

if someone who is trying to clutch, ect.

I always lol when people complain about not being able to hear in-game sounds.

Cool story. Regardless, if it's funny or not that we actually want to hear what's going on in game when we are trying to clutch, they are breaking 3 rules that I just posted and this needs to be dealt with which it never is.

Though I would rather there just be some way to simply mute dead players when there are like 5 people left on a team or something.

Really only breaking rule #2, and there're two ways provided above.

They are breaking all three. First they break rule #2. Then the break rules #1 and #3 by being disrespectful of you asking them to follow a rule by spamming on the mic deliberately so that you cannot hear anything.

Just 'cause someone doesn't do what you say doesn't mean they're disrespectful.

I find your logic to be seriously flawed. How is it not disrespectful when 1. they're already breaking a rule 2. they continue to break said rule by breaking another rule and mic spamming so that you cannot hear?

It's not a matter of someone doesn't do what I ask them to do, it's a matter of abiding by the server rules.

You really have to look at the rules in context. I've very rarely seen rule #2 followed in WCS1. Sure they were probably mic spamming, but it was just to annoy you, which is funny. Still not disrespecting you though. The reason those rules are there is so that when things get out of hand, admins have a certain level of jurisprudence to fall back on; they're not really meant to be strictly enforced. At least, that's my experience from spectating the server regularly.

I disagree. If it wasn't meant to be enforced, it wouldn't be in the rules list. There would simply be "no mic spamming" and no mention of using the mic when there are only a few left and they are trying to hear (because this would fall under mic spamming then from what I'm gather from you). I feel that it's not that it's not meant to be enforced strictly, it's that admins simply do not enforce it strictly. Thorgot actually did mute everyone one round I was playing a couple of days ago when people were talking while there were only a couple of guys left.

I just think it would be nice if we could enable the thing Tristan posted when there are only like 4 people left on a team so that they can hear.

FYI I've always done it like this: If someone asks you to stop talking, stop talking. Cause I've been in this situation before and it really bones people when they want to try and do something but can't hear a damned thing.

I just think it would be nice if we could enable the thing Tristan posted when there are only like 4 people left on a team so that they can hear.

More reliable to do it client-side. Few people take issue with the way things are currently.

A simple solution is to ask an admin to mute all dead players. A script that does this for you is definitely not necessary.

A simple solution is to ask an admin to mute all dead players. A script that does this for you is definitely not necessary.

Always happens to me when an admin either isn't on or simply doesn't bother to do so. I'm gone all weekend but will try that bind yiyas posted when I get back.

Sign in to follow this