Sign in to follow this  
bios

Are we headed into the next Great Depression?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Immune to Bullets @ Sep 27 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The government has shown time and time again it screw you over every time. You have to save money so it is there when you need it. Nobody stays young forever.

Social security? Good idea until they thought, "Wow we made people save their money to support themselves and now there's this big wad of cash laying around. Lets spend it and pass the buck!"

You will get assfisted by big brother every time unless you are super-poor or super-rich.

No, if people cease spending in a recession the economy just grows worse.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Sep 23 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Do you think that this recent crash has been manufactured? Is there a sadistic element in this? </span>

<span style="color:#fffacd">Personally, I think that this recent financial crisis has been manufactured by the international banking cartels. They are pushing for crisis and banks to fail because that means that they will make more money as taxpayers "bail out" these independent corporations. Since we are lent money from the federal reserve AT INTEREST, ANY MONEY WE SPEND HAS TO BE PAID BACK AT INTEREST TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE! This whole sham makes me sick. If any of you haven't seen it I suggest watching the last part of the movie Zeitgeist. www.zeitgeistmovie.com It covers how these banking cartels came about and what they believe in and stand for.

Oil, Osama, 9/11, banks.... The simplest solution to the problem is blame Bush.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Projectmayhem9 @ Sep 27 2008, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No, if people cease spending in a recession the economy just grows worse.

Thats the problem with our system. If we need to spend to have a healthy economy, then we need something to help when we can't work for some reason, because we spend and don't save. That help is generally provided by the government but our government is notorious for screwing the middle class and so we have to look to ourselves, and what do people who have to look after themselves do? They save money.

On top of that, if something does happen to you everyone will think you are a dumbass because you spent all your cash.

You don't necessarily have to spend your money to help the economy.

by saving your money in a bank will also help the economy.

Just don't hide your money under your bed.

P.S. SEE!!! sarcasm does work on the internet.. Foh can do it.. Bios can do it... maybe i can too!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Junzou @ Sep 27 2008, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Pretty sure they poked him with a stick first. I'll highlight what I saw in red.

Not outright flaming, but definitely waving a red flag in front of a bull.

Thank you, Junzou. I'm tired of both of them. Sorry Oreo. I'm not going to get upset with you because it's not your fault. But no offense Oreo but really, is taking a hard line with me really going to work? You know I'm not gonna take being provoked like that lightly. I'm tired of these trolls just picking on people cause it makes them feel special. Hold an intelligent conversation with some maturity please. If you don't have anything good to say or positive to contribute then get out of the thread. And Oreo, why are you coming at me? You have no reason to jump on my shit when you know how I am. Every action DEMANDS an opposite and equal reaction. You know the deal. I don't think I need to tell you.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Sep 27 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thank you, Junzou. I'm tired of both of them. Sorry Oreo. I'm not going to get upset with you because it's not your fault. But no offense Oreo but really, is taking a hard line with me really going to work? You know I'm not gonna take being provoked like that lightly. I'm tired of these trolls just picking on people cause it makes them feel special. Hold an intelligent conversation with some maturity please. If you don't have anything good to say or positive to contribute then get out of the thread. And Oreo, why are you coming at me? You have no reason to jump on my shit when you know how I am. Every action DEMANDS an opposite and equal reaction. You know the deal. I don't think I need to tell you.

Im out of this discussion because displaying my opinion is enough reason for Bios to QQ about how shit is unfair. Seriously man?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Junzou @ Sep 27 2008, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Not outright flaming, but definitely waving a red flag in front of a bull.

What, like sourcing your opinion to zeitgeist? That is considered trolling on most forums and is bannable. If I go and source a 9/11 conspiracy site and say WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? in a thread, do you honestly expect no one to flame me? Now, let's take a look at the 'flames'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rubbersucky @ Sep 25 2008, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Don't be hurt by this, but every other word in 'zeitgeist' is actually factually untrue and I don't think you understand how the banking system works at all. If you want to raise a specific example from zeitgeist i will disprove it, but I'm not gonna debunk the entire 2 hour movie. (Yes, I have seen it, and yes, I laughed my ass off the entire way through it) It is exactly the kind of movie that dumbasses watch and then feel like they know something about 'THE MAN' that keeps them down.

This is actually exactly true, and I'm sure if there was a fly on the wall of the move directors/marketing people - that is exactly what they said. Sorry the truth hurts, but it doesn't make it any less of the truth. Note, I didn't call fox a dumbass, I said people who watch and believe - then they are a dumbass. Because they are, for believing the movie at face value (Even though it contradicts everything they have heard before) And not investigate it themselves.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rubbersucky @ Sep 25 2008, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Now, what caused this problem initially? The federal funds rate being held too low for too long. This DIRECTLY lowers banks margins because they are lending money at a lower %. So much for the BANKING CARTEL THAT CONTROLS THE WORLD, they are fucking themselves!

Again this is true. If banks control the world then why did they lower their profit margins for over a decade? I didn't flame anyone here other than would be conspirators controlling the world lowering their profit margins. (Sounds like the kind of people I'd want to run my world?)

Any questions?

This was actually serious. I glossed over a lot of stuff and didn't go into too much detail at all. Very large swaths of what happened I didn't even mention because honestly its un-needed and endlessly complicated for a counterstrike forum :)

Now, without ever directing a flame at fox, and at worst saying people who believe zeitgeist are dumb asses, let's see his reply:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Sep 27 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

OK, considering that all these people know exactly whats happening I guess I should recuse myself from the thread. I mean RubberSucky, your name is about the gayest thing I've ever heard, and you are posting on a COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE forum. But man you are a financial genius! I'm sending my money to you. Because big banks don't exist... Yeah you know like JP Morgan Chase, the Fed, other cooperating national banks, etc. And Foh, you are financial genius too. You and RubberSucky should get together. I bet you both would enjoy each other. Cause man, you guys are soo smart. I wish I could be as smart as you guys. Can you please teach me? Please...

Oh. Almost comparable. Almost. And as to your...points.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Sep 27 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

There are large international banks that are pushing for a financial collapse. In case you haven't noticed, American politics is dictated by money. This crisis was created by politicians lifting regulations, banks lending irresponsibly, and the FEDERAL RESERVE putting too much money in the system and lowering interest rates in an obvious attempt to kill the dollar. Wake up guys, this is beyond any of us. It is a system created by corrupt bankers and oil tycoons. That can't be disputed.

1) Which banks exactly are pushing for a financial collapse? finance.google.com -> C, BAC, Northern Rock, IndyMac. They are all getting slammed. Banking crisis hurts banks the most, and the ones that profit from it are very, very, very fe w and usually takes a decade.

2) Yes, shitty deregulation was one aspect. Banks, mortgage companies, and other such companies lending irresponsibly was another. Buyers of derivatives they didn't understand was another. Rating agencies rating derivatives they didn't understand was another. Policies tied to rating agencies is another. The Federal reserve keeping interest rates too low is another.

3) The dollar decreasing helps our economy. It boosts exports which raises our current account. The only people it hurts are tourists going abroad. It helps just about every domestic business and American citizen who buys from abroad. It does, however, raise commodity prices denominated in that currency (Although that is only a small part of the summer surge)

4) The entire reason this crisis happened is because politicians wanted more people to own a home - but absolutely suck at creating good policy that has this wide reaching of effects. This is about as deep as the conspiracy gets I'm afraid.

legit, I thought it was zeus who posted the WALLTEXT,

but rubbersucky.

The debate and serious talk thread is for debating, you can't insult/inflame other people in a debate, if you can't control yourself a mod might as well ban you from this sub-forum,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mind╥Spring @ Oct 2 2008, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

but rubbersucky.

The debate and serious talk thread is for debating, you can't insult/inflame other people in a debate, if you can't control yourself a mod might as well ban you from this sub-forum,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Oct 2 2008, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

RubberSucky, nobody gives a shit about your never ending posts. If you were half way important I might consider reading it.

It appears no one is interested in 'debate' or 'serious talk'. Thank you for those who took the time to read my points and respond, just like I did to everyone else. If anyone is interested in higher level thought discussions, feel free to check out forums.somethingawful.com - > debate and discussion forum.

Guest UrbanerMezei

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rubbersucky @ Oct 2 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It appears no one is interested in 'debate' or 'serious talk'. Thank you for those who took the time to read my points and respond, just like I did to everyone else. If anyone is interested in higher level thought discussions, feel free to check out forums.somethingawful.com - > debate and discussion forum.

Something Awful is a lot of things but higher level it is not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rubbersucky @ Oct 1 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What, like sourcing your opinion to zeitgeist? That is considered trolling on most forums and is bannable. If I go and source a 9/11 conspiracy site and say WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? in a thread, do you honestly expect no one to flame me? Now, let's take a look at the 'flames'

I didn't source zeitgest? Stop bitching at the wrong person.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrbanerMezei @ Oct 2 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Something Awful is a lot of things but higher level it is not.

QFT.

Yeah, I definitely didn't site zeitgeist as my source. I said, people should watch it to get an idea of how much of a scam the banks are. Everyone should read about our banking system. Rubbersucky just wants to argue over anything. He is the classic definition of a troll and like Zeus he tries to have all the answers not realizing that nobody wants to hear it.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Oct 2 2008, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

RubberSucky, nobody gives a shit about your never ending posts. If you were half way important I might consider reading it.

Unwarranted, take the advice you gave me and avoid making these kinds of posts...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mind╥Spring @ Oct 2 2008, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

but rubbersucky.

You have just proven you havent read a single one of his posts...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Oct 2 2008, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Unwarranted, take the advice you gave me and avoid making these kinds of posts...

You have just proven you havent read a single one of his posts...

Yeah Foh, you have to put your two cents in don't you? You and him were attacking me directly. Get off my nuts. I'm not going to bow down to you like you are above me. You of all people know it's not going to happen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Sep 27 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It's because I know that you are better than that and you need to put yourself above them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Oct 2 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It's because I know that you are better than that and you need to put yourself above them.

It's just my general tendency toward violence showing its ugly head. You know when sometimes you just feel the need to bitch slap someone? Yeah, I get that a lot. I try to not engage in that type of conversation, but sometimes when someone attacks me for no reason I tend to not react well to it.

No offense or anything... i still haven't seen rubbersucky try to attack Fox. I mean i can see how rubbersucky is like a 180 of what fox is trying to say, but that isn't exactly an attack... is it?

IMHO i dont think rubbersucky is a troll. whereas Foh.. well i dunno about him.

Guest Fohacidal

Im defending rubber not trolling anyone, I sense hypocrisy here on bios' part, I dont give a crap who he is, what he is or what he has done, there should be no double standards as to how people can react and the subjective nature of how people can construe a statement. If your gonna be a drama queen and start a tantrum because you think people are trolling and causing you grief when there is no true solid grounds for the argument then stfu...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Oct 2 2008, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Im defending rubber not trolling anyone, I sense hypocrisy here on bios' part, I dont give a crap who he is, what he is or what he has done, there should be no double standards as to how people can react and the subjective nature of how people can construe a statement. If your gonna be a drama queen and start a tantrum because you think people are trolling and causing you grief when there is no true solid grounds for the argument then stfu...

Foh, stop trying to sound intelligent when you are insulting me. I'm not stupid, and I'm not going to get drawn into an argument about why you are right. You are not succeeding. I started this topic only to have you and Rubbersucky troll the shit out of me. Go away. You are doing exactly the shit that pisses me off.