Sign in to follow this  
MindSpring

Same Sex Relationships

OMFG GAYS ARE GONNA END THE WORLD! WHY CREATIVE, WHY!!! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN THE WORD OF GOD!!!

Oh, I guess you can tell im just joking around... D:

I try to take a neutral position, but however being catholic and knowing someday the apocalypse will eventually happen I think same sex couples aren't in the best interest of the human race (no offense creative) and to put them on equal terms with straight couples is wrong (physiologically speaking)

Right there is where it pretty much sounds like "I'm straight and because of that, I'm better than ANY gay person.

Seriously.. WOW. That's all I have to say.

1. Gay Marriage laws are negotiated by state governments...

2. Its almost an insult to me that 2 guys can get the same marriage rights as a straight couple. Marriage has always existed through christianity, probably beginning back in the days of the christianity in the Roman Empire marriage was always defined as the union between a man and a woman. To expect me to sit there and agree to same sex couples taking away this holy union and wanting the same rights as married couples is appalling... This is also why I dont understand athiests getting married, I know several couples that dont but for the ones that to its just ironic...

Also where the hell did I say I was better then gay people? Nowhere did I imply that, not even by accident.

You said that gay people shouldn't be on the same level as straight people, therefore you obviously don't think better of them, you obviously think little of them.

Your hilarious, I didnt mean it seriously, I was just trying to emphasize that all same sex couples do is slightly lower numbers of kids in orphanages...

You say that as a bad thing?

So what if people like the same sex.

Before you go off on any other questions, how does it affect you at all?

What if you liked this amazing girl and you wanted to marry her, but couldn't because our government wouldn't allow it. Why gives them the right to say who you can and cannot show your love to?

I really don't care, people can live how they want to, but it is disturbing of the stories I have heard of gays having a marriage, just for the financial benefits.

Obviously it goes against the Christian Religion, and science, I mean its obvious 2 males or 2 females cannot produce a child.

But as I said, its your life, do as you wish, I just don't want you shoving it in my face with parades, I don't see any straight pride parades.

Well maybe if we would let them be equals then they wouldn't have to throw a parade to get peoples attention that love is love.

As long as some guy doesn't try and hit on me. I say gay marriage isn't that bad. I mean its different but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get married.

Yeah, but from all the gay people I've known, nearly every one of them respects you if you aren't gay. Which why can't we give them the same respect.

I've got no problem with them, it's their life and if they want to live it like that, fantastic. They don't bitch about me being straight, so why should I bitch about them being gay?

I take a completely neutral stance on gay marriage though. If they want it, good for them. If the government doesn't want to give it to them, good for them. Not my problem.

Signed

OMFG GAYS ARE GONNA END THE WORLD! WHY CREATIVE, WHY!!! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN THE WORD OF GOD!!!

Oh, I guess you can tell im just joking around... D:

I try to take a neutral position, but however being catholic and knowing someday the apocalypse will eventually happen I think same sex couples aren't in the best interest of the human race (no offense creative) and to put them on equal terms with straight couples is wrong (physiologically speaking)

Marriage is another matter...

Really I think your pretty stupid if you only agree with gay couples because you happen to know a hot lesbian couple who uses for sex, its actually pretty ignorant to...

Who gives a shit. You're from Texas.

Guest Fohacidal
Right there is where it pretty much sounds like "I'm straight and because of that, I'm better than ANY gay person.

Seriously.. WOW. That's all I have to say.

You said that gay people shouldn't be on the same level as straight people, therefore you obviously don't think better of them, you obviously think little of them.

You say that as a bad thing?

So what if people like the same sex.

Before you go off on any other questions, how does it affect you at all?

What if you liked this amazing girl and you wanted to marry her, but couldn't because our government wouldn't allow it. Why gives them the right to say who you can and cannot show your love to?

Im not gonna deal with you because you dont care to read my posts and just attack the most obvious things on a completely literal level.

Guest some fag
Take two hot dogs, and eat them together at once with your condoments.

Is that right? NO

Only a Bun and hot dog is right, actually two buns are alright if ya get what im sayin.. lol

But seriously, its the persons choice, just dont try and impress it on me.

Do hamburger buns work or am I failing?

Who are we to judge another person's desire to love someone else of the same sex, let alone marriage? Seriously, why does it even matter? If it makes them happy, that's all that matters, and I highly doubt having more gays and lesbians running around our street will speed up the apocalypse or anything of the sort. Bible humpers FTL on this one.

I fully agree with oreo, and in terms of religions, we won't stop the human rights just because of some religions. I'm jewish and I don't think in jeudism, my bro's friend is gay, he just announced it. It shocked his father, but for me, dosn't do a bit of thing, what I mean is, homosexuals deserve the same right as us. They are people too, not aliens.

Guest some fag
Who are we to judge another person's desire to love someone else of the same sex, let alone marriage? Seriously, why does it even matter? If it makes them happy, that's all that matters, and I highly doubt having more gays and lesbians running around our street will speed up the apocalypse or anything of the sort. Bible humpers FTL on this one.

It honestly doesn't matter who loves who or whether or not they are the same sex- all that's ok in my book... Only marriage is a religious matter, and according to the religion it directly relates to, it is a sin.

Well its time for the gay opinion. OK so lets start out with a ban of gay marriage. I would like to start by saying gay marriage is protected by the constitution. Amendment 1 states Freedom of RELIGION, speech and press. Now I would like to turn to the fact that marriage is a religious institution and therefor the government cannot (should not I should say) stop a religion from marrying gays. Now as for the legal benifits I believe that we should be given full priviledges just like any straight couple. If to people love eachother why does it matter if they are of the same gender, love is love and no one should be denied it.

The gay opinion obviously doesn't really matter, same with anyone else's opinion. The United States government was based on the principles of Christianity, hence the reason why marriage is a legal matter and is a reason as to why gay marriage is NOT protected by the Constitution- otherwise, it would be allowed unless there was an Amendment put in place. The freedom of religion has nothing to do with marriage- it simply means that people have the right to practice whatever religion you want, and provides no support for your "gay opinion".

Homosexuality in it's essence is a sin by the book of God and the religion in which this country was founded on, therefore marriage- a holy union as a part of that religion- is hypocritical when it comes down to gay marriage.

Stupid Monky, I honestly can't make myself read through those moronic replies to Foh. It's obvious you didn't even read his or even understand what he was saying, so whatever. From what I have seen, you aren't catching onto the idea that we aren't saying loving one another is wrong- none of us are really saying that. But, if love really is the only true issue, then why do gays feel the need to be married? Marriage is a Christian ritual, making gay marriage legitamately impossible.

I fully agree with oreo, and in terms of religions, we won't stop the human rights just because of some religions. I'm jewish and I don't think in jeudism, my bro's friend is gay, he just announced it. It shocked his father, but for me, dosn't do a bit of thing, what I mean is, homosexuals deserve the same right as us. They are people too, not aliens.

You don't really have a "right" to marriage. Homosexuals have all the same rights in America as straight people. They don't have the option of marriage (except for in some states who's governments condone smoking crack) because it's hypocritical and the whole idea of a holy union wouldn't be possible for them since their whole marriage would be a sin.

Thats exactly the point, why should they 'announce' the fact that they're gay. Just get on with life and don't make it such a big deal.

Thats exactly the point, why should they 'announce' the fact that they're gay. Just get on with life and don't make it such a big deal.

When you see someone you don't assume they are gay until told otherwise.

Well its time for the gay opinion. OK so lets start out with a ban of gay marriage. I would like to start by saying gay marriage is protected by the constitution. Amendment 1 states Freedom of RELIGION, speech and press. Now I would like to turn to the fact that marriage is a religious institution and therefor the government cannot (should not I should say) stop a religion from marrying gays. Now as for the legal benifits I believe that we should be given full priviledges just like any straight couple. If to people love eachother why does it matter if they are of the same gender, love is love and no one should be denied it.

That is possibly one of the worst interpretations of the Constitution I have seen recently.

It means freedom of Religion, not marriage. As in you can choose how and what to worship, not a right for a religion to do what it likes.

"The United States government was based on the principles of Christianity". This is a common misconception, the fact that the first ammendment grants freedom of religion is proof of our secular beginnings. Our country did not want to be like England with its religious wars, so we did not make it a religious government. Only two of the ten commandments are laws. Now I would like to put for tons of quotes from founding fathers to further stomp out your arguement.

Thomas Jefferson

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." 1787 letter to his nephew

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature." Unknown

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." Unknown

"To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the human soul, angels, God, are immaterial, is to say they are nothings, or that there is no God, no angels, no soul. I cannot reason otherwise: but I believe I am supported in my creed of materialism by Locke, Tracy, and Stewart. At what age of the Christian church this heresy of immaterialism, this masked atheism, crept in, I do not know. But a heresy it certainly is. Jesus told us indeed that 'God is a spirit,' but he has not defined what a spirit is, nor said that it is not matter. And the ancient fathers generally, if not universally, held it to be matter: light and thin indeed, an etherial gas; but still matter." letter to John Adams, August 15, 1820

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." Notes on Virginia

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes" Letter to von Humboldt, 1813

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" Letter to H. Spafford, 1814

"But a short time elapsed after the death of the great reformer of the Jewish religion, before his principles were departed from by those who professed to be his special servants, and perverted into an engine for enslaving mankind, and aggrandizing their oppressors in Church and State." in a letter to S. Kercheval, 1810

"...an amendment was proposed by inserting the words, 'Jesus Christ...the holy author of our religion,' which was rejected 'By a great majority in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and the Mohammedan, the Hindoo and the Infidel of every denomination.'" From Jefferson's biography

"I never told my religion, nor scrutinized that of another. I never attempted to make a convert, nor wished to change another's creed. I have judged others' religions by their lives, for it is from our lives and not our words that our religions must be read."

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

"The authors of the gospels were unlettered and ignorant men and the teachings of Jesus have come to us mutilated, misstated and unintelligible."

John Adams

[1735-1826] 2d President of the United States

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity."

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose. Superstition and dogmatism cannot confine it."

"But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed."

"What havoc has been made of books through every century of the Christian era? Where are fifty gospels condemned as spurious by the bull of Pope Gelasius? Where are forty wagon-loads of Hebrew manuscripts burned in France, by order of another pope, because of suspected heresy? Remember the Index Expurgato-rius, the Inquisition, the stake, the axe, the halter, and the guillotine; and, oh! horrible, the rack! This is as bad, if not worse, than a slow fire. Nor should the Lion's Mouth be forgotten. Have you considered that system of holy lies and pious frauds that has raged and triumphed for 1,500 years." letter to John Taylor, 1814, quoted in In God We Trust and 2000 Years of Disbelief

"The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles." letter to Thomas Jefferson, June 20, 1815

"The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles?" etter to Thomas Jefferson, June 20, 1815

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, December 27, 1816

"God is an essence that we know nothing of. Until this awful blasphemy is got rid of, there never will be any liberal science in the world." "this awful blashpemy" that he refers to is the myth of the Incarnation of Christ, from Ira D. Cardi

"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose. Superstition and dogmatism cannot confine it." letter to his son, John Quincy Adams, November 13, 1816, from James A. Haught, ed., 2000 Years of Di

James Madison

[1751-1836] American president and political theorist. Popularly known as the "Father of the Constitution." More than any other framer he is responsible for the content and form of the First Amendment. also see 'First Amendment' section of the 'Law & Government' section

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution."

"In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people."

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." April 1, 1774

"...the number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people, have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the church from the State" Letter to Robert Walsh, Mar. 2, 1819

"Every new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and Government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together" Letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Benjamin Franklin

[1706-1790] American public official, writer, scientist, and printer who played a major part in the American Revolution.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Poor Richard's Almanack, 1758

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."

"He (the Rev. Mr. Whitefield) used, indeed, sometimes to pray for my conversion, but never had the satisfaction of believing that his prayers were heard." Franklin's Autobiography

"In the affairs of the world, men are saved, not by faith, but by the want of it."

?Some volumes against Deism fell into my hands. They were said to be the substance of sermons preached at Boyle?s Lecture. It happened that they produced on me an effect precisely the reverse of what was intended by the writers; for the arguments of the Deists, which were cited in order to be refuted, appealed to me much more forcibly than the refutation itself. In a word, I soon became a thorough Deist.?

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies."

"The United States government was based on the principles of Christianity". This is a common misconception, the fact that the first ammendment grants freedom of religion is proof of our secular beginnings. Our country did not want to be like England with its religious wars, so we did not make it a religious government. Only two of the ten commandments are laws. Now I would like to put for tons of quotes from founding fathers to further stomp out your arguement.

Thomas Jefferson

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." 1787 letter to his nephew

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature." Unknown

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." Unknown

"To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the human soul, angels, God, are immaterial, is to say they are nothings, or that there is no God, no angels, no soul. I cannot reason otherwise: but I believe I am supported in my creed of materialism by Locke, Tracy, and Stewart. At what age of the Christian church this heresy of immaterialism, this masked atheism, crept in, I do not know. But a heresy it certainly is. Jesus told us indeed that 'God is a spirit,' but he has not defined what a spirit is, nor said that it is not matter. And the ancient fathers generally, if not universally, held it to be matter: light and thin indeed, an etherial gas; but still matter." letter to John Adams, August 15, 1820

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." Notes on Virginia

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes" Letter to von Humboldt, 1813

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" Letter to H. Spafford, 1814

"But a short time elapsed after the death of the great reformer of the Jewish religion, before his principles were departed from by those who professed to be his special servants, and perverted into an engine for enslaving mankind, and aggrandizing their oppressors in Church and State." in a letter to S. Kercheval, 1810

"...an amendment was proposed by inserting the words, 'Jesus Christ...the holy author of our religion,' which was rejected 'By a great majority in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and the Mohammedan, the Hindoo and the Infidel of every denomination.'" From Jefferson's biography

"I never told my religion, nor scrutinized that of another. I never attempted to make a convert, nor wished to change another's creed. I have judged others' religions by their lives, for it is from our lives and not our words that our religions must be read."

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

"The authors of the gospels were unlettered and ignorant men and the teachings of Jesus have come to us mutilated, misstated and unintelligible."

John Adams

[1735-1826] 2d President of the United States

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity."

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose. Superstition and dogmatism cannot confine it."

"But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed."

"What havoc has been made of books through every century of the Christian era? Where are fifty gospels condemned as spurious by the bull of Pope Gelasius? Where are forty wagon-loads of Hebrew manuscripts burned in France, by order of another pope, because of suspected heresy? Remember the Index Expurgato-rius, the Inquisition, the stake, the axe, the halter, and the guillotine; and, oh! horrible, the rack! This is as bad, if not worse, than a slow fire. Nor should the Lion's Mouth be forgotten. Have you considered that system of holy lies and pious frauds that has raged and triumphed for 1,500 years." letter to John Taylor, 1814, quoted in In God We Trust and 2000 Years of Disbelief

"The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles." letter to Thomas Jefferson, June 20, 1815

"The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles?" etter to Thomas Jefferson, June 20, 1815

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, December 27, 1816

"God is an essence that we know nothing of. Until this awful blasphemy is got rid of, there never will be any liberal science in the world." "this awful blashpemy" that he refers to is the myth of the Incarnation of Christ, from Ira D. Cardi

"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose. Superstition and dogmatism cannot confine it." letter to his son, John Quincy Adams, November 13, 1816, from James A. Haught, ed., 2000 Years of Di

James Madison

[1751-1836] American president and political theorist. Popularly known as the "Father of the Constitution." More than any other framer he is responsible for the content and form of the First Amendment. also see 'First Amendment' section of the 'Law & Government' section

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution."

"In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people."

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." April 1, 1774

"...the number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people, have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the church from the State" Letter to Robert Walsh, Mar. 2, 1819

"Every new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and Government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together" Letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Benjamin Franklin

[1706-1790] American public official, writer, scientist, and printer who played a major part in the American Revolution.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Poor Richard's Almanack, 1758

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."

"He (the Rev. Mr. Whitefield) used, indeed, sometimes to pray for my conversion, but never had the satisfaction of believing that his prayers were heard." Franklin's Autobiography

"In the affairs of the world, men are saved, not by faith, but by the want of it."

?Some volumes against Deism fell into my hands. They were said to be the substance of sermons preached at Boyle?s Lecture. It happened that they produced on me an effect precisely the reverse of what was intended by the writers; for the arguments of the Deists, which were cited in order to be refuted, appealed to me much more forcibly than the refutation itself. In a word, I soon became a thorough Deist.?

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies."

Summarizing, it's an awesome thing.

Do you have nothing to say? You and Foh (no offence to you Foh I'm cool with you now) never say anything worth while you don't address the points ever.

Lmao?

I post on here more than you do, don't tell me I never say anything worthwhile, because you haven't really either; certainly less than me.

Citing a bunch of quotes and providing no analysis to back up whatever point you're trying to make isn't really contributing anything.

See my contribution was proving that America was not founded on principles of Christianity. I did a very good job of putting forward an idea and then backing up my idea with proof.

To bad you didn't really do anything with it.

To bad you didn't really do anything with it.

No your incorrect I wasn't doing it change the minds of you fundys I was doing it to convince people who look at the world around them and don't see "design". My response was for the people who use critical thinking and take facts into account, people who believe that evidence is greater than faith. So in essence you not understanding is how its supposed to be.

No your incorrect I wasn't doing it change the minds of you fundys I was doing it to convince people who look at the world around them and don't see "design". My response was for the people who use critical thinking and take facts into account, people who believe that evidence is greater than faith. So in essence you not understanding is how its supposed to be.

Evidence is greater than faith? What are you talking about? Evidence about what, how America wasn't founded on Christianity? Whether it was or not doesn't change the words of the Constitution.

Evidence is greater than faith? What are you talking about? Evidence about what, how America wasn't founded on Christianity? Whether it was or not doesn't change the words of the Constitution.

Yes but I was stating that marriage is a religious institution, thus it is protected by the US constitution.