Sign in to follow this  
Zan

September Mapping Team Contest!

Meh, I was thinking about joining the mapping team (i liked "mapping squad" better) if i do choose to participate in this contest, would it be acceptable for me to use the map i make as an example of my work for my application? Because I didn't bother to save all my old maps when i reinstalled all my steam stuff and i don't have any maps to show.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B @ Aug 28 2008, 04:35 PM)
<div class='quotemain'>Im in, and already starting.

Btw Sex Yes you can use that as your app.

Finish your fucking zombie map...

I Can't evergreen left and took his custom decas we have in the map with him

Meh, I was thinking about joining the mapping team (i liked "mapping squad" better) if i do choose to participate in this contest, would it be acceptable for me to use the map i make as an example of my work for my application? Because I didn't bother to save all my old maps when i reinstalled all my steam stuff and i don't have any maps to show.

Yes, origanlly I had that on this thread, but I removed it.

Of course the time I decide to start mapping, I go and *uck up my computer. I can't get to my steam HD so I can't map. I'll figure it out hopefully. Also, s3x, get your fucking ass on the team.

Wait, Can the skybox exceed the 1024x1024? If its not in use?

Also, Does it need to be a "room" or can it be more of a multiple room area?

The width and length has to be 1024x1024

Height can be anything, within reason.

It can be multiple rooms, it can be outside even, all it must, is fit inside the box, and be relevant to the theme.

Also, if you make a map that is 1024x1024 and submit it (even if its blank) and no one else submits one, you are automaticlly winner. So it cant hurt to do that.

Does the whole map have to be 1024x1024 or just the room itself?

It has to be 1024x1024, what goes in that is up to you. Can be one big room, can be multiple rooms. Can be outside and inside.

[correction]

The playable map has to be 1024x1024, but you can build beyond that, just make sure no one can get out there.

[/correction]