Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

Guitar Hero 3

Ok, so, last time I posted I was doing career mode on medium I think, I've beat medium and hard and am now on the last two songs of expert. Well, two of the last 4 songs. Raining Blood by Slayer and One by Metallica. This is what they look like.

One

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1LmKlgC0Ic&feature=related]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1LmKlgC0Ic&feature=related[/ame]

It's a kinda blurry vid, but that's cause it's going so fast.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

In that one's easier to tell what's going on.

Raining Blood

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBwftJPKGpM]http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBwftJPKGpM[/ame]

This one is done by the same guy as the first Metallica vid.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Slightly easier to see.

In One, everything is easy except for the 32nd note triplets that kick off the main solo, but I'm close, lol. Raining Blood is easy till that crazy ass part near the beginning and the solo is rather tricky. I am working on the damn Dragon Force song on expert, I can play all of that except the hammer ons at the start, but I'm almost used to that part now. I want to beat Expert so I can get the extras and stuff, make it funner. And this is not a damn thread about how much GH3 sucks compared to Rock Band or GH2, or about how GH is getting worse with each release. I don't give a fuck, go tell someone who cares, this is the first one I've played and I intend on playing the others ones as well, this one was free though, so it suits my budget. So fuck off, haters.

-Audio

Cliffs gets easier after the intro, then you have to contend with a solo later on. I suggest you go play that last song in the 7th set for practice on hammer ons and pull offs. Also, the way GH teaches you how to play is very counter productive in the expert and hard songs. The way it handles difficulty makes you use only 3 buttons to start with, naturally, you will want to play those three with the first three fingers and add on the pinky on medium. That's fine and all, but once you hit expert and hard, it's hard as fuck to move that pinky back and forth between orange and blue. Here's what I suggest if you don't already do it. Keep your first finger on red at all times if you are not playing green with it. In this configuration your first finger will be doing all the moving between red and green and your pinky will just play Orange all the time. So like,

|1||2||3||4||5| or |G||R||Y||B||O|

|F||F||M||R||P|||||||F||F||M||R||P|

Where F = First finger, or pointer finger, M = Middle finger, R = Ring finger and P = Pinky finger. You will have to get used to it for a bit, but it helps a hell of a lot once you get it down.

-Audio

dont fret audio... hehe pun...

on raining blood on the fast rolloffs near the beginning start with your pinky on orange and slide it to blue then roll off with top three fingers then your already set for the next rolloff with all four... its much easier that way and i can almost full combo that part now its just that damn tapping on the flood trills... the 5 star was hardest on that song for me

one is pretty easy just hit star power before the triplets and fret and strum spam like crazy

then on cliffs its easy to do the beginning solo with two handed tapping on the weird orange blue orange yellow orange red orange green part.... i can fc the intro of cliffs and the solo but i always fuck up the ending

K, I've beat every song except TTFATF and have 5 stars on most of them now. I still haven't managed Trough the Fire and the Flames. I got to 81% today and it's the first time I've really tried the song, so I'll have it soon ;) Almost got past the solos. rawr

-Audio

only vid i watched was second raining blood one, and it looked like hyperspeed, which is fail in my book

good luck with dragon force.

im like halfway through hard, and then stopped for games like okami and brawl