Sign in to follow this  
zorpnic

Maturity / Etiquette

I think that there needs to be a heightened expectation of maturity and etiquette in the forum in general. I understand that a lot of the users on the forum are of younger ages, but they can still post in a professional manner.

These things include proper grammar. And I am not talking about "their" instead of "there."

What I am talking about is the lack of sentence structure, simple capitalization and punctuation. Also, using words like "wtf" "omg" "noes" ect, ect, ect seriously degrade from the professionalism of the forum. It seems to me like it is turning into a raging kiddy forum.

The fact that there is tension because of a few extremists in the clan means there will always be an argument somewhere amongst the droves of people in here. That's not the problem. The problem is when people come in here for gaming and mutual experiences, we've always got to piss on the little guy and start an argument on the grave of something contrary to common sense. Better to take it elsewhere than to keep a topic going based on a flame war.

The other part is the general admin attitude of ---"Okay. You object to my will?!?! I ban you!"--- about generally non-specific things. It's old. I can't really tolerate it anymore. I'm old enough to know I don't want my balls busted over stupidity and cock flexing practices of a bunch of teenagers that don't know any more about loyalty than a pack of semi-retarded lemmings smacked upside the head with a box of 2x4s. The biggest continuity flaw in these is the fact that you're so quick to defend things you weren't a party to, and you'd like to take the credit for resolving things you don't deserve even a look in your direction over.

Also, I'm not a guinea pig. All the making me click on the banners for your own capitalism isn't very professional. I donated. I clicked your banners. I made you money. If that wasn't satisfactory enough, what is? I'm not willing to kiss ass, because you haven't won that type of respect of me. Making me a subservient whore for your every whim is quite honestly something I never expected when I got accepted into this clan.

I don't agree with your ways. But I paid something, which makes it hard for me to want to walk away from. I invested into you, and you're a bunch of senseless bastards with a single minded attitude about things..... leech, rape, and fuck 'em. Those that don't obey, chuck 'em. Have fun trying to do that to me.

Guest Secure

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Metal Militia @ May 24 2007, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I agree with you man. There needs to be alot of changes.

wow. LOL LOL I NOES AN GRAMMERZ!! I NOEZ ALOT IS SAPELLED A LOT 2 WORDS n00B LOL I SO C00L I L33T

Guest Secure

why, show me where it is against the rules to do so. until then, my post will be unedited.

It's mind boggling how fast people can go from friends to people you wouldn't go out of your way to piss on if they were on fire, and you're their only hope of survival. Again, unnecessary thread posts (or at least ones that prove a point), (except Metal, he gets it), and arbitrary concepts of what's "serious".

How many people go to school to learn anymore? That should be an awesome mandatory poll.

I can guarantee you all that even if you're in school, you don't respect the values the people that went before you are trying their hardest to instill into you. Not that I'm some old fart or anything, but it means something to put forth some minute shred of respect. It's the same exact thing that gets you more respect. Not being an asshole. That's what makes you enemies. The ones that side with your senses are just as retarded as you are, and God forbid they rule the earth. Oh, wait.... in the United States they do.

I'm an active in athleticism, and believe in basic principals like you get what you give. Secure, where did that come from? All I'm saying is there's too many things to list, both to your face and behind it, as to why the clan and the administration need a complete overhaul.

I'd be willing to wager 500 dollars that if any of the "top ranking or highly praised contributing members" had a month to run the server, domain, vent, IRC, or subs of Undead Vengeance, it'd either go belly up, or we'd have so many jackasses in here, the thought of it would still be a joke next year to the ones that walked away from the fire starters.

How is it a bad thing to make a suggestion? Suggestions are only bad if what's being asked for doesn't make the dominant group profit from the idea. It's natural selection if the ones that can't adapt don't. Forgive the Hell out of me for being a free thinker. Didn't know it was illegal here.

Anyways, thanks for your time.

Guest VegetaFH1

Hate to tell ya metal, but he is talking more about the way I talk, without the grammer crap and from the way it is in my head

If u want to punk u can ban me all u fuckin want, im not changing the way i post just to suit ur stupid little "wants", go grow up, the net is NOT all flowers and happy thoughts

Guest Secure

im an idiot? thank you. I didn't flame.

Guest Secure

Your also supposed to be respectful to all members, because you are an elder. you should know this because you're an elder member.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zorpnic @ May 23 2007, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think that there needs to be a heightened expectation of maturity and etiquette in the forum in general. I understand that a lot of the users on the forum are of younger ages, but they can still post in a professional manner.

These things include proper grammar. And I am not talking about "their" instead of "there."

What I am talking about is the lack of sentence structure, simple capitalization and punctuation. Also, using words like "wtf" "omg" "noes" ect, ect, ect seriously degrade from the professionalism of the forum. It seems to me like it is turning into a raging kiddy forum.

The fact that there is tension because of a few extremists in the clan means there will always be an argument somewhere amongst the droves of people in here. That's not the problem. The problem is when people come in here for gaming and mutual experiences, we've always got to piss on the little guy and start an argument on the grave of something contrary to common sense. Better to take it elsewhere than to keep a topic going based on a flame war.

The other part is the general admin attitude of ---"Okay. You object to my will?!?! I ban you!"--- about generally non-specific things. It's old. I can't really tolerate it anymore. I'm old enough to know I don't want my balls busted over stupidity and cock flexing practices of a bunch of teenagers that don't know any more about loyalty than a pack of semi-retarded lemmings smacked upside the head with a box of 2x4s. The biggest continuity flaw in these is the fact that you're so quick to defend things you weren't a party to, and you'd like to take the credit for resolving things you don't deserve even a look in your direction over.

Also, I'm not a guinea pig. All the making me click on the banners for your own capitalism isn't very professional. I donated. I clicked your banners. I made you money. If that wasn't satisfactory enough, what is? I'm not willing to kiss ass, because you haven't won that type of respect of me. Making me a subservient whore for your every whim is quite honestly something I never expected when I got accepted into this clan.

I don't agree with your ways. But I paid something, which makes it hard for me to want to walk away from. I invested into you, and you're a bunch of senseless bastards with a single minded attitude about things..... leech, rape, and fuck 'em. Those that don't obey, chuck 'em. Have fun trying to do that to me.

um how bout i use wtf, Lol, and lmfao. you know what this is a forum for a relaxed clan who likes having fun so stfu(lol) and play the game

Guest Random

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zorpnic @ May 24 2007, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You said it yourself, alot of the people who play on your servers or any modded servers for that matter are young. I definately agree maturity is an isue but come on, the kids can't reach their keyboards without a helping hand. Yes etiquette could use some help to, but your expecting way to much out of them. After all IT'S A GAME. Might as well get used to slang because thats all that you will be reading.

The interior workings of the clan are no business of mine. The way it's run, the way people are allowed to disrespect and walk away unnoticed, is becoming more like a sitcom of sorts to those that would like to see it in its most relaxed format. All I'm saying is there are an awful lot of people that come and go or came and went, as it were, that don't really deserve to be here. All it is, is some petty conquest to be the most asinine members imaginable by demonstrating the qualities most people get spit in their eye over.

If that's why we're here, it shouldn't be a gaming clan. It should be a "beef up your insults" clan of a bunch of chump dickheads that think their shit doesn't stink. Let me be the first one to tell you it doesn't smell like the perfume on your girlfriend's neck, if you've got one. I think there's too much tension because the members that joined for the reason of having one place to sign in on are fighting for stability that the others don't want. The admins and mods are partially behind the concept, because they're starting to see the Goliath crumble beneath them and can't quite figure out how to make ends meet, due to the resources being ripped from directly underneath them as they walk.

Members that fail to support the cause only show their selves to have flaws in their demonstrations toward the clan. This isn't relaxed. It's some ghetto interpretation of a group that can't really be called a group.

Think of an army without a leader.

Or, think of an army with a leader that could kill just as efficiently if they didn't have one.

Now, think of the army with a good leader that can make crack shot judgment calls and all the people under that leader

are quick to follow suit.

Which of those sound better to you?

It's not about you, Secure, so quit defending yourself. It only makes you look guilty.

Guest VegetaFH1

as much as i dislike what im about to admit, it is true

I do totaly agree with cheesecake on his point of view

He however forgot to add that, if ppl dont change, they can be dealt with... by any means

Zorp, ur points of view are interesting, u view this like a battlefield much like myself, but ive come to the realistion that a clan is not an army (even tho in the past i thought it was)

the times have changed, disrespect roams the land unnoticed and all it breeds is hatred and self pitty, while at the same time feeds the disrespect even more, sadly we cant stop it, but we can control where it goes biggrin.gif

So both points are valid and are intelligent smile.gif why cant we have more discusions about this?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Q_Q (CHEESECAKE) @ May 25 2007, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm sorry, but this is just one big rant.

You can't change people just like that...

They will keep doing whatever it is they do until they find reason to change.

Cheese cake my man you are so right i will do want i want as long as i live no one will change the way i do things. Its life so deal with it

Guest VegetaFH1

Therefore.. u can be dealt with if "whatever u do" isnt within the rulings of this clan... biggrin.gif

thats why rules are there, to stop people being STUPID IDIOTS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Secure @ May 24 2007, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Your also supposed to be respectful to all members, because you are an elder. you should know this because you're an elder member.

Why should I respect the new douche of the clan who talks shit about me for no apparent reason? I shouldn't because stupid douching douches should stay undouched at their house or douche before coming here.

Guest Drunkentig3r

Well said. As an English major, I find it absolutely appalling how badly some people mangle the English language. I could understand if your from another country and English is your second or even third language, but if your a native speaker, you have no excuse for butchering words and basically writing as if your seven (unless...your actually seven). I am guilty of certain discretions as well, such as typing "WTF" or "OMFG LOL", but still, I try to formulate enough of an articulate opinion or argument before doing so. But hey, whatever-I don't lose anything by other people sounding like idiots.

Guest VegetaFH1

How is it butchering the english language by using abbreviated words?? or letters for that matter

lol - Laugh out loud

wtf - what the fuck

its all the same, and we all speak it

And apart from ANY of that, the net language is totaly differant to english becuase we all speak the way we feel like it, therefore it cant possiable be english or german.. or swedish.. or french, its..... dare i say it, nettish

"let it be known, today, a new language was created, the language of nettish, where everything is abbreviated"

lol