Sign in to follow this  
Neur0

Privilege or always a product?

It requires at least 30 basic admin subsciptions to cover the cost of the servers. I say at least because paypal takes a little chunk of each donation or subscription, so it takes more like 31 or 32. Also, that 300 is a round number. Between the game servers, vent, website, the cost of HLStatsX and anything else we end up buying (main page design is bought) and the costs add up.

As of now admin subscriptions are the only way to ensure that cash flow to cover the costs of operating so many servers. We can't tax you for hours played, so instead we have to charge those who want admin. If everyone that played the servers would donate a dollar a month, we would be more than fine. In fact, we could probably expand our offerings. That doesn't happen. Donations are on and off and we can't base our finances on the chance of a donation.

We need a steady cash flow that is created by admin subscriptions. We have tried alternatives to make cash to run the servers, but some noob/jerk/ass always ruins it. We had adds from google here. It was making good money and eventually could cover our operations, however, we lost them when google found out they were being abused. Basically sitting there clicking it over and over and over and over or hacking to do so is abuse. We lost the hundreds that would have been paid to us by google for one month of ads because it was abused.

The community has left us no choice but to charge for admin.

Fuck you jun. I ment scars. Anarchy if you didn't read the post above I was joking around about deserving the free admin. Yes I know it takes a lot of money to keep up all the undeadvengeance servers and everything else we own :)

Fuck you jun. I ment scars. Anarchy if you didn't read the post above I was joking around about deserving the free admin. Yes I know it takes a lot of money to keep up all the undeadvengeance servers and everything else we own :)

I know, I read your post, but this is a question that comes up often so it might as well be given a decent answer.

Guest starscream
10, 15, 20 bucks aren't too bad. On the other hand, $300.00/month is a lot for the free servers. The server is paid mainly through admin subscriptions, which is why we are so weary on giving out free admin.

This is why even though I haven't had CS in about a month, and won't have a new computer to play CS on for at least another month, I haven't canceled my admin subscription

Guest Fohacidal
Yes, you can get admin through merit. Its called being an advisor. Advisor's are simply trusted members of the clan who have proven themselves enough to deserve free privileges. It may kind of suck seeing as there seems to be only 6 at a time, but there are also a few other situations in which free admin has been given away. I know for a fact a few guys on WCS were given it to keep abuse under control, and as Espe. said, a few members were given it through work as well, including Nifer.
We have a new usergroup, they're called Advisors! This is what we have come up with for benefiting senior members. Basically what Advisors are people who have shown their worth and dedication to UV and are being rewarded for it. Don't complain if you didn't make it on our "first round pick", it will only hurt your chances for later! Their main responsibility right now is to vote on applications. The only thing different is that their vote counts as a JCS vote, and now users need 6 votes to get in. If Advisors drop out, that number may drop. They also have greater trust put into them and greater community influence. I am asking once again not to complain just because you weren't picked, it will only hurt your chances in the future.

The current advisors are-

EagleWonJ

Waylon

Rizan

Anarchy.

I am sure the will all do great with their current responsibilities, and let's all give them a congratulation!

I dont care about free admin, but Im starting to see a conflict like wtfballs?

Ooh, good one, ya what ever happened to advisor being a reward for "senior" members.

Thats what MOTM is for....

Guest Fohacidal
Thats what MOTM is for....

I think a lot of senior members can agree that they would rather earn a responsibility and position in the clan than just a temporary 2 month reward for being cool and getting more votes then that other guy.

@ Everyone:

I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Earn it, buy it or leave it.

@ When in doubt whip it out

And how long have you been in the clan?

A week?

Guest Fohacidal
I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Earn it, buy it or leave it.

Not everybody happens to have a paypal account or sufficient permission for their parents to fork over a monthly 10 to 20 bucks for admin

As of now admin subscriptions are the only way to ensure that cash flow to cover the costs of operating so many servers. We can't tax you for hours played, so instead we have to charge those who want admin. If everyone that played the servers would donate a dollar a month, we would be more than fine. In fact, we could probably expand our offerings. That doesn't happen. Donations are on and off and we can't base our finances on the chance of a donation.

LOL, i could only imagine my taxes for hours played....dam B)

On the other hand i paid for admin for like a half year when i was in UV. Its 10-15 bucks its not that much. And as Eagle said its the only way they can ensure themselves on cash flow. Less QQ More PewPew

I think a lot of senior members can agree that they would rather earn a responsibility and position in the clan than just a temporary 2 month reward for being cool and getting more votes then that other guy.

I think we can both agree there's a correlation between clan seniority and dedication/ hard work. Decisions on who is made an Advisor are also based off of maturity demonstrated in the forums and in game.

If you guys want free admin do these things for me.

Be mature on everything related to UV

Help out in ANYWAY you can

Dont complain

If you do that Ill make sure you make it on MOTM. Otherwise just have fun and not worry about it.

Dont complain

If you do that Ill make sure you make it on MOTM. Otherwise just have fun and not worry about it.

I could really care less about a free month of admin, idk if you were talking to me.

I have never really complained about not getting anything for being a senior, but I will admit it bothers me seeing some people that joined this year getting advisor, and all that good stuff, when I see some older members (not me) who deserve at least something, or some recitation, because to tell the truth, most of the seniors have had admin for some time and donated their money to the clan.

Dont complain

But i dont have enough time to do that GOSH!!! jk

that will be hard but i will try it anyways

Guest Fohacidal
I think we can both agree there's a correlation between clan seniority and dedication/ hard work. Decisions on who is made an Advisor are also based off of maturity demonstrated in the forums and in game.

I would disagree, half the people chosen for Advisor leave the clan or renounce their position within a few months, and we have had several JCS leave already. Not to name anyone (so I wont) but 2-3 of our current advisors are almost never on the servers or forums. You might think there is a lack of maturity, but really, put responsibility on someone who deserves it and it will humble them into becoming a better person.

Dont complain

You have missed the point completely

Well I cant do anything about giving free admin Foh so the only thing I can do is help nominate people for MOTM. I did not miss the point Im just trying to help releive stress on Oreo.

I would disagree, half the people chosen for Advisor leave the clan or renounce their position within a few months, and we have had several JCS leave already. Not to name anyone (so I wont) but 2-3 of our current advisors are almost never on the servers or forums. You might think there is a lack of maturity, but really, put responsibility on someone who deserves it and it will humble them into becoming a better person.

Hm, I read that as "Give it to someone who acts immature/ or unbecoming now and they will straighten themselves out." That's not going to fly-- if someone wants a position, they need to straighten out beforehand, or they are going to get passed up every time. I'm not going to stick my neck out and back someone who makes a bigger ass of themselves than I do (that's leaving a LOT of wiggle room) on a regular basis.

That's the last I'm going to remark on the subject. This has become a thread asking about free admin to a thread where people are complaining that they've been passed up for Advisor. If you want a position of power, then do something more for the clan. Something I'm working on right now (making a list of all clan members and Steam IDs, and cross-checking all of their server activity) doesn't require admin at all, any one of you could have done it and it would've looked really good to the leaders (btw, Oreo, that will be done when I get back). If you can think of a way to help the clan other than stomping your feet and asking for handouts, then do it and make sure it doesn't stay a secret; you will be recognized and we will take it into consideration, among other things, next time we vote for new Advisors and JCS.

Guest Fohacidal
Hm, I read that as "Give it to someone who acts immature/ or unbecoming now and they will straighten themselves out." That's not going to fly-- if someone wants a position, they need to straighten out beforehand, or they are going to get passed up every time. I'm not going to stick my neck out and back someone who makes a bigger ass of themselves than I do (that's leaving a LOT of wiggle room) on a regular basis.

That's the last I'm going to remark on the subject. This has become a thread asking about free admin to a thread where people are complaining that they've been passed up for Advisor. If you want a position of power, then do something more for the clan. Something I'm working on right now (making a list of all clan members and Steam IDs, and cross-checking all of their server activity) doesn't require admin at all, any one of you could have done it and it would've looked really good to the leaders (btw, Oreo, that will be done when I get back). If you can think of a way to help the clan other than stomping your feet and asking for handouts, then do it and make sure it doesn't stay a secret; you will be recognized and we will take it into consideration, among other things, next time we vote for new Advisors and JCS.

Why dont you step off your high horse for a minute there Mr. Important Advisor who is smarter then Identity. I never said give it to someone who acts immature, I implied that you guys act as if most of the people on here couldnt handle a stressful situation to save their life, and this isnt exactly the military if you know what I mean. There are several people on here deserving of some recognition of their dedication and havent received it, basically any new guy can just come on here, act super cool for 2 months and get advisor. To make the matter worse (like I said earlier) half the Advisors picked in every round always leave the clan or their position, I know the picks have to be carefully selected but cmon now?

Now Im not complaining, eh, its more like a semi-grievance from a section of the community that feels part of UV (like several other parts (Oreo's powers, constant server problems, hackers, classic zm, inactive forum members)) are just being ignored.

Call it what you want, stomping you handout or asking for feet if you so please, but dont look down on me as if Im crying for something just because I want it, heck Im not even posting this for myself, but for the other people who havent or dont want to, Im trying to be their voice.

PS. 2 people wanted to make a list of members way before you and D&G even tried, both were shot down so please dont use that as an excuse.

Why dont you step off your high horse for a minute there Mr. Important Advisor who is smarter then Identity. I never said give it to someone who acts immature, I implied that you guys act as if most of the people on here couldnt handle a stressful situation to save their life, and this isnt exactly the military if you know what I mean. There are several people on here deserving of some recognition of their dedication and havent received it, basically any new guy can just come on here, act super cool for 2 months and get advisor. To make the matter worse (like I said earlier) half the Advisors picked in every round always leave the clan or their position, I know the picks have to be carefully selected but cmon now?

Now Im not complaining, eh, its more like a semi-grievance from a section of the community that feels part of UV (like several other parts (Oreo's powers, constant server problems, hackers, classic zm, inactive forum members)) are just being ignored.

Call it what you want, stomping you handout or asking for feet if you so please, but dont look down on me as if Im crying for something just because I want it, heck Im not even posting this for myself, but for the other people who havent or dont want to, Im trying to be their voice.

PS. 2 people wanted to make a list of members way before you and D&G even tried, both were shot down so please dont use that as an excuse.

Hm, ok, I lied.

Let's have a look at the last few changes in Advisors... D&G and Anarchy were promoted. TimeToDie had his powers removed. SOSBrigade was asked to step down because of inactivity. Kelso stepped down because he knew he wouldn't be around. These people are still around, and they were removed, promoted, or left because we felt the position wasn't right for them. If you want to go campaign for other people, then point out some things they've done and then tell us why they would be a good choice. There are people who we've considered but ultimately decided not to promote because of issues with maturity or because we felt someone else had done more for the clan.

As for the "2 month and act cool" argument, I'm assuming you're talking about Jinn, he's both mature and is working on a huge overhaul for the website and forums with Phoenix2 right now-- if you (or the other people you're speaking for) want to step up and do something, then do it, and stop wondering "why?" every time you get passed up because someone else mature took the initiative to do something to help the clan.

P.S. - I didn't ask permission, and this isn't a roster. D&G's roster doesn't have Steam IDs for 90% of the members, and it includes people who havent been on the servers or forums for so long that their records don't even exist on HLStatsX. Anyone could have done that. This is a text file that has several applications, from cross-checking fake members to applications for our upcoming Engineers for member-only scripts or skins.

Guest Fohacidal
Hm, ok, I lied.

Let's have a look at the last few changes in Advisors... D&G and Anarchy were promoted. TimeToDie had his powers removed. SOSBrigade was asked to step down because of inactivity. Kelso stepped down because he knew he wouldn't be around. These people are still around, and they were removed, promoted, or left because we felt the position wasn't right for them. If you want to go campaign for other people, then point out some things they've done and then tell us why they would be a good choice. There are people who we've considered but ultimately decided not to promote because of issues with maturity or because we felt someone else had done more for the clan.

As for the "2 month and act cool" argument, I'm assuming you're talking about Jinn, he's both mature and is working on a huge overhaul for the website and forums with Phoenix2 right now-- if you (or the other people you're speaking for) want to step up and do something, then do it, and stop wondering "why?" every time you get passed up because someone else mature took the initiative to do something to help the clan.

P.S. - I didn't ask permission, and this isn't a roster. D&G's roster doesn't have Steam IDs for 90% of the members, and it includes people who havent been on the servers or forums for so long that their records don't even exist on HLStatsX. Anyone could have done that. This is a text file that has several applications, from cross-checking fake members to applications for our upcoming Engineers for member-only scripts or skins.

How about people like Rizan or hell even Pheonix, if nobody is up to advisor why wont you point out everything that is wrong with every person that isnt in advisor. Like I said, I'm not the one complaining but I feel for the other people who have talked to me about this (who i wont name) I should say something because nobody else will.

Also, the roster, list of names or w/e you want to call it that your making is exactly what Project had in mind, and he talked to me about it, just because your an advisor doesnt mean w/e your making is automatically that much better then what the average clan member can make.

PS. Nice job acting cool and adding in Engineers in there like you think you know something nobody else does...

Im just gonna stop now, sometimes I wonder why I argue with you, maybe its because of how you systematically flip flop who you argue with, one minute your an ally, the next your my enemy and then the next your my enemies enemy. Why dont you just get your priorities straight Junzou and become someone.

How about people like Rizan or hell even Pheonix, if nobody is up to advisor why wont you point out everything that is wrong with every person that isnt in advisor. Like I said, I'm not the one complaining but I feel for the other people who have talked to me about this (who i wont name) I should say something because nobody else will.

Also, the roster, list of names or w/e you want to call it that your making is exactly what Project had in mind, and he talked to me about it, just because your an advisor doesnt mean w/e your making is automatically that much better then what the average clan member can make.

PS. Nice job acting cool and adding in Engineers in there like you think you know something nobody else does...

Im just gonna stop now, sometimes I wonder why I argue with you, maybe its because of how you systematically flip flop who you argue with, one minute your an ally, the next your my enemy and then the next your my enemies enemy. Why dont you just get your priorities straight Junzou and become someone.

Yeah, where's Rizan been recently? And if I remember correctly, Phoenix was an Advisor previously.

I don't point out things wrong because I'm not going to sit here and list reasons or people that have stood between certain members being an Advisor or higher.

At the list, then Project should have done it and told people about it later-- I was around a quarter of the way down the list before I even told Oreo, and he originally told me that it didn't need to be done, but then he realized the application for it and told me to finish it.

EXACTLY MY POINT-- ANY CLAN MEMBER COULD HAVE DONE THAT, and it's a help to the clan! What I am doing is not making a roster on the main page (which requires forum permissions), nor am I wanting to do a project that has already been pre-assigned to someone else, I did something that ANYONE could have done that didn't require any sort of special permissions.

PS - I don't have a set list of "oh, I won't argue with this person because he's cool." I'm arguing with you because I have had it with people who sit around with their thumb up their ass or people who troll the forums wondering why they aren't getting a cookie. I'm sorry for coming off like an ass, but I felt it needed to be said.

None of us seniors are asking for free admin, at least I'm not. And talking about making the Steam ID stuff, you are doing that now, but what did you do to get advisor then? I'm not saying you shouldn't of.

Guest Fohacidal
Yeah, where's Rizan been recently? And if I remember correctly, Phoenix was an Advisor previously.

I don't point out things wrong because I'm not going to sit here and list reasons or people that have stood between certain members being an Advisor or higher.

At the list, then Project should have done it and told people about it later-- I was around a quarter of the way down the list before I even told Oreo, and he originally told me that it didn't need to be done, but then he realized the application for it and told me to finish it.

EXACTLY MY POINT-- ANY CLAN MEMBER COULD HAVE DONE THAT, and it's a help to the clan! What I am doing is not making a roster on the main page (which requires forum permissions), nor am I wanting to do a project that has already been pre-assigned to someone else, I did something that ANYONE could have done that didn't require any sort of special permissions.

PS - I don't have a set list of "oh, I won't argue with this person because he's cool." I'm arguing with you because I have had it with people who sit around with their thumb up their ass or people who troll the forums wondering why they aren't getting a cookie. I'm sorry for coming off like an ass, but I felt it needed to be said.

Project didnt do the roster because on the same topic he was denied D&G jumped in and said he was going to do it.

And yes you did come off like an ass because I dont have my thumb up my ass, recently for the past 3 weeks I have been:

Working on major logos for Contracts Paintball team AND The UVRadio Logo for Levyon, both of which should be done after the weekend. Second off I have been doing major research into computer building because 1: I tried really hard to fix my dad's computer and 2: I want to be able to help people on the forums so that the only person in here giving away expert advice isnt Zeus (when he is on).

I also went out of my way to get a bank account setup, Im waiting for my new card to arrive for activation so I can setup a paypal account and help Levy fund the radio because he doesnt have any money left.

Here and there I do oddball work, I check out a hacker (exposed I checked out your waller but was to lazy to post a reply D:) give tips, answer questions, hell, just ask D&G what I made for him a little while ago.

And to top it off, I have tried REALLY hard to improve my behavior in the forums and in game, I wasnt perfect and Im still not, but I think several of you can agree that Im not the same person I was when I joined.

The reason I never talk about what Im doing is because I dont feel the need to, nobody has to no its just showing off, the only reason Im telling you now is because your forcing my damn hand.