Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Eve

Is there an Eve private server? I know private servers don't really compare to legit ones, but I still like my MMO's to be free. If I didn't blow so bad at Guild Wars, I'd play it more.

Guest starscream

Never heard of it. But you can play Eve free, in a way. once you get powerful enough, you can make enough ISK monthly to pay for your subscription. i.e., you can pay for it with ISK by buying timecards with it

Never heard of it. But you can play Eve free, in a way. once you get powerful enough, you can make enough ISK monthly to pay for your subscription. i.e., you can pay for it with ISK by buying timecards with it

I've heard of people doing this before, but they said unless your the richest mofo in the game that its not really worth it cause instead of spending money on progressing, its all going to membership, plus, I'd rather not spend all the cash it takes to get to that point.

I wish it was 400k. I'd be set for the rest of eternity if that was the case. :P No, it's actually millions, not hundreds of thousands.

In late June I managed to hit the point of being self-sustaining in EVE on a largely passive basis. I've been playing for around six months, but only trading (which is where the income comes from) since 6 June. If I've done my math right I should be making anywhere from 650m to 1 billion a month. Since a 60 day GTC retails for (I think) 390m or so, all I have to do is make about 200m a month, which is no problem and leaves me plenty to play with. Just from trade. I'm not including my income from doing L4 missions and building ships to sell - that stays on my main and is what I use to have fun with, i.e. ships, gambling, etc.

I do all my trading on a character with 890k skill points, flying a T1 frigate - whereas most of you by now can fly Industrials with less than a day of training. He started with 50m capital, which I'm sure most of you have, if not much more in some cases. My point in stating this is not to brag but to disprove the myth that only 'rich mofos' can afford to buy GTCs. It's not only possible but you can do it in a month using an out-of-the-box character and 50m.

I wish it was 400k. I'd be set for the rest of eternity if that was the case. :P No, it's actually millions, not hundreds of thousands.

In late June I managed to hit the point of being self-sustaining in EVE on a largely passive basis. I've been playing for around six months, but only trading (which is where the income comes from) since 6 June. If I've done my math right I should be making anywhere from 650m to 1 billion a month. Since a 60 day GTC retails for (I think) 390m or so, all I have to do is make about 200m a month, which is no problem and leaves me plenty to play with. Just from trade. I'm not including my income from doing L4 missions and building ships to sell - that stays on my main and is what I use to have fun with, i.e. ships, gambling, etc.

I do all my trading on a character with 890k skill points, flying a T1 frigate - whereas most of you by now can fly Industrials with less than a day of training. He started with 50m capital, which I'm sure most of you have, if not much more in some cases. My point in stating this is not to brag but to disprove the myth that only 'rich mofos' can afford to buy GTCs. It's not only possible but you can do it in a month using an out-of-the-box character and 50m.

I meant millions >.> I haven't played Eve in close to two weeks, cut me some slack.

Dude, I haven't played EVE in close to a month, but I still play, ya dig?

You set a long skill, then set your stuff up to make money while your gone, and you check in once a week for about 5 minutes.

That's what I'm doing when I start Field Training (a month long onoes). Setting a crapload of buy orders up, training Minmatar Battleship V, and kicking enough money to my corp to cover any fees or op costs that I'll miss.

In that case you wanna "sponsor" me until I can afford it myself?