Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Avengers End Game Discussion [SPOILERS]

Please remember to use spoiler tags 

[spoiler] text [/spoiler]

So what's everyone's thoughts been? How did you feel about Tony getting his heroes ending? What about Cap going back to finally live with the love of his life?

My only gripe with the movie is with 2014 Thanos being so strong. It made it seem like he was just as strong as he was in Avengers with the Power Stone.

Edited by Sean

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Hide contents

What about Cap going back to finally live with the love of his life?

That was nice but leads to some question of their explanation of time travel. So if they are going with a multi-verse timeline that diverges then didn't he change their timeline? Or did he leave Peggy before or on her deathbed so that the Cap in that era could visit her and if so wouldn't that be a bunch of people keeping a secret? Or was he in an alternate timeline but traveled back to his original at a different point then he originally left?

I think it was better then killing him off since Evans contract is over but I feel it muddled with their explanation of how time travel worked in the films. They created a good "out" with brushing off inconsistencies by claiming things were changed in alternate universes/timelines. It would have been an easy fix showing that he returned slightly before he left to sit down at the bench thus making it seem he was living a life in an alternate timeline instead of their "prime timeline".

My only gripe with the movie is with 2014 Thanos being so strong. It made it seem like he was just as strong as he was in Avengers with the Power Stone.

Well he did knock out the hulk pretty quickly in Infinity War without the Power stone. He did possess it at the time but it wasn't activated during the fight since they were pretty consistent with the stones glowing when activated.

my theater went fucking nuts multiple times. Such a good send off to this phase of the MCU. cap using thors hammer was top tier crowd pleaser. I thought the damn thing had become sentient at first lol

theater went ape shit for Cap wielding mjolnir 

I think my favorite moment involved Paul Rudd losing his taco

Also, Tony Stark dying was way too obvious. Multiple red flags from dialogue and why not end it with the character that started the MCU.

Edited by chaos4499

I would have to agree with Thanos being much weaker in this movie. Also, the thing that really bugs me about Thanos is how much stronger he is in some fights against multiple Avengers, but gets taken down by one weak Avenger in others.

Edited by Sakarra
Added spoiler tag.