Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chaos4499

AR Builds/General gun thread

Has anyone here built an AR-15? If so:

What parts did you use?

Any issues along the way?

Building or planning anything else?

INB4 guns r bad mmm'kay?

Please keep it clean, if you want to talk politics I think there are probably 5 threads for that already

Also, general gun thread.

I have been to a couple GSSF events and am getting into some amateur competitions later this summer.

I took this picture after getting all of my range gear together and prior to putting it in bags/storing the rifles in their cases.

k1HP2ht.jpg

Top AR is a stock Palmetto State Armory rifle built from a MOE parts kit (I need to install the MOE hand guard but I can't be bothered)  with a Vortex Strikefire red dot

Bottom AR:

My "Mk 69-SPR"

LaRue Tactical Stealth Barrel 16''

SureFire PROCOMP muzzle brake

VLTOR MUR-1A upper

PSA NiBo BCG (will eventually replace with either a Daniel Defense or Bravo Company BCG)

Bravo Company BCMGUNFIGHTER MOD 3B Charging Handle

PSA PA-15 lower (I have a TTI TR-1 stripped lower on the way to replace it)

Geissele Super Modular Rail MK14 M-LOK

LaRue MBT-2S trigger

Leupold VXR Patrol 3-9x40mm (pictured and frequently used, but not on the rifle is a Eotech EXPS2)

LaRue LT104-30 QD mount

Magpul MBUS backup irons

Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard

Magpul STR stock

Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling (not pictured)

I am getting the paperwork on a suppressor started next week. Hopefully everything will come through in less than 10 months...

Pretty easy build, with no real hiccups. The only thing of note may be that I went from a carbine gas tube to mid size, resulting in a softer/smother impulse.

I am in the planning stages for my next build: a suppressed AR pistol chambered in either 9x19mm or .45 ACP set up for Glock mags. :thinking:

I will post more after I finish getting my guns cleaned and reassembled.