Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Window's Activation Problem/Question

I got done reinstalling windows XP recently, but keep encountering the same error when I try to activate windows. For some reason, it won't let me activate Windows. I used a warez version of it online to get the disk (I used one I downloaded online), but used a valid Key from the back of my comp. This a problem? I even called the fucking phone number they tell you if it doesn't work, but the stupid computer thingie they have told me it was unable to activate and wanted to know if I wanted to talk to some smelly Indian. I made sure it was an OEM version of Home XP I downloaded, which matches my key. Could it be that my key is older than the version of XP I downloaded?

Those keys don't mean anything. Just get a crack and if you get any shit, which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY, just say "Hey, I can't use the key that came with my computer for my OS so I had to crack it."

Yeah dude, just use a crack, they dont give a shit, they have other more important things to worry about. They arent gonna get into it with some guy over one copy of their system, it just wont happen

I use xp pro, it doesn't ask for a key (or validation until you do updates).

True, forgot about that. The version of XP I have has a built in WGA (Windows Genuine Authentication) crack built in.

I use xp pro, it doesn't ask for a key (or validation until you do updates).

Pro still uses a key. Corporate Edition doesn't. I actually installed that first, but had a few issues, which is why I went back to home. There's really no difference that would affect me.

Pro still uses a key. Corporate Edition doesn't. I actually installed that first, but had a few issues, which is why I went back to home. There's really no difference that would affect me.

I have pro, installed it on a laptop I sent to a customer on Thursday. It didn't ask for a key but I think it is a mass dist. disk for an office or something.