Sign in to follow this  
Krystopher Malus †MAGA†

Your Zombie Escape Server is almost perfect

3 hours ago, Krystopher Malus †MAGA† said:

Best skins, best store, a few changes and it would be perfect.  Make zombies have less health regen (like GFLclan or Mapedores) and let players choose what zombie model they want to play as.  If those changes were made this would be the perfect server.

I am interested in why you would lower the health of zombies, i personally don't see a point since killing zombies gives you 0 reward, and if they are killed too easily then you will make certain maps nearly impossible for zombies to win.

5 hours ago, SpartanSakaro said:

I am interested in why you would lower the health of zombies, i personally don't see a point since killing zombies gives you 0 reward, and if they are killed too easily then you will make certain maps nearly impossible for zombies to win.

Yes, but killing the zombies is occasionally needed on certain maps, ex. if a zombie gets into an end zone and the other zombies are dead, the 8 humans have to keep it in a corner and spam it's face it negevs, or for example the elevator in surf sahok if a zombie gets in. Zombies shouldn't be impossible to kill, but still present a challenge, tbh it's a pretty good piece of constructive criticism, but at the same time, we have points, and lower zombie health encourages point farming when admins aren't on. Also, considering the amount of human models we have it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement more zombie models available through the shop. 

Overall, I support both of these, except instead of public zombie models, I'd like to see them buyable with points to encourage more people to come on frequently.

Interesting Idea, The only down side I could see about being able to select your own zombie model is that some models are harder to shoot than others, potentially making it to where players will select this harder to hit zombie model, thus putting the humans at a disadvantage. I feel like having random selection of Z skins prevents this type of thing from happening. Not saying this idea shouldn’t be implemented, just sort of stating why I think it could become an issue, but otherwise great ideas!

On 1/15/2018 at 2:44 PM, SpartanSakaro said:

GFL Clan and Mapedores has the health lower.  It's just satisfying when shooting into hordes of zombies to get a kill once in a while.  I'm not worried about points.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:57 PM, willy (wilson) said:

Yes, but killing the zombies is occasionally needed on certain maps, ex. if a zombie gets into an end zone and the other zombies are dead, the 8 humans have to keep it in a corner and spam it's face it negevs, or for example the elevator in surf sahok if a zombie gets in. Zombies shouldn't be impossible to kill, but still present a challenge, tbh it's a pretty good piece of constructive criticism, but at the same time, we have points, and lower zombie health encourages point farming when admins aren't on. Also, considering the amount of human models we have it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement more zombie models available through the shop. 

Overall, I support both of these, except instead of public zombie models, I'd like to see them buyable with points to encourage more people to come on frequently.

This too, definitely there are instances where nigh-invincible zombies breaks the game.  Also someone said that players don't get points for killing zombies so if we kept it that way I don't see how lowering health would effect points.  If I'm wrong on that, I'm sure the point system can still be tweaked to prevent abuse.  I like the idea of buying zombie skins, I was thinking just choosing between the ones we already have but it would be neat to have that option in the store as long as the skins were easily recognizable as undead monsters.

On 1/16/2018 at 11:19 PM, darkfrywarrior said:

Interesting Idea, The only down side I could see about being able to select your own zombie model is that some models are harder to shoot than others, potentially making it to where players will select this harder to hit zombie model, thus putting the humans at a disadvantage. I feel like having random selection of Z skins prevents this type of thing from happening. Not saying this idea shouldn’t be implemented, just sort of stating why I think it could become an issue, but otherwise great ideas!

If the size of the models becomes a problem you could do what Mapedores does and give them different stats.  For example they have a smaller faster model that's low health and light/easy to knock back with gunfire and a larger slower model that has more health and harder to knock back with gunfire.  I see a pretty evenly distributed usage of the different models/classes in that server and it makes it a little more interesting in that regard.  But my only real frustration is the zombies being too hard to kill, adjusting the zombie skins/class system would definitely be cool to see experimented with also, but as long as the health is adjusted I'd be a happy camper.

1 hour ago, Krystopher Malus †MAGA† said:

No reply?  Would really like to see this changes implemented.  Particularly the health for zombies.

Hey Maga, sorry that no one got around to responding to you or the thread for the past while. At the moment we are implementing changes to ZE and we have taken some of the suggestions you have stated into consideration. However, at the moment we are just tweaking the server. We do plan on reducing zombie HP and reducing the amount of HP a zombie regenerates. Again, thanks for the suggestions you have provided us.

As a hardcore type player on ZE the health changes are really positive to the server as a whole and it would be nice to see some more difficult maps added to the server as personally I don't have any particular enjoyment out of the majority of the ZE maps on this specific server.

1 hour ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

As a hardcore type player on ZE the health changes are really positive to the server as a whole and it would be nice to see some more difficult maps added to the server as personally I don't have any particular enjoyment out of the majority of the ZE maps on this specific server.

Please post map suggestions after you read the stickied thread.
We could definitely use some more maps.

http://www.joinsg.net/forums/forum/67-map-suggestions/

Edited by MistaChang

On 1/22/2018 at 12:43 AM, MistaChang said:

Hey Maga, sorry that no one got around to responding to you or the thread for the past while. At the moment we are implementing changes to ZE and we have taken some of the suggestions you have stated into consideration. However, at the moment we are just tweaking the server. We do plan on reducing zombie HP and reducing the amount of HP a zombie regenerates. Again, thanks for the suggestions you have provided us.

What’s taking so long?

4 minutes ago, Krystopher Malus †MAGA† said:

What’s taking so long?

Changes have been implemented this week and will continue.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Edited by MistaChang