Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jodas

Providing players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes. (400k downvotes)

They will probably scale down the cost of heros. Personally I like the change in pace that ea is doing they just got the values wrong. Ill still play it when it comes out

Wasn't buying the game before, definitely won't be buying it now since the community managers have repeatedly insulted the community and shown no regard for their opinions. LUL 

2 hours ago, Sean said:

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS PEOPLE

Even though it won't hurt EA's profit margin and will still continue to do the same thing. Most likely they will "fix this" in the next Battlefront game so more people will buy into it, kinda like how BF2 is supposed to be a better and "fixed" version of BF1. Protesting the micro-transactions and not buying the game won't do jack shit sadly. Once the population dies down, most likely EA will try to revive it to squeeze whatever they can out of it (looking at you Battlefield 1). So all you can do is just let this company bring down the series over time until their contract runs out, or realize that they wont make money anymore. 

I'm still confused as to why people thought something like this wouldn't happen.

Every year, people complain about some new EA game and say they will boycott. Then, GIFs will flow throughout Reddit and people will buy again. Only to complain later.

20 hours ago, vexer said:

Gilded 43 times at -470k now 

holy shit EA dun did it

Over 680k and gilded 74 times. I wonder if the people giving gold also up-voted the comment and thought they had to pay gold to upvote because that is what EA has taught them.

21 hours ago, Timeassassin103 said:

Even though it won't hurt EA's profit margin and will still continue to do the same thing. Most likely they will "fix this" in the next Battlefront game so more people will buy into it, kinda like how BF2 is supposed to be a better and "fixed" version of BF1. Protesting the micro-transactions and not buying the game won't do jack shit sadly. Once the population dies down, most likely EA will try to revive it to squeeze whatever they can out of it (looking at you Battlefield 1). So all you can do is just let this company bring down the series over time until their contract runs out, or realize that they wont make money anymore. 

I think it's actually possible EA will find sales for BF2 a lot less healthy than projected.  But, when the sales of a game published by EA are smaller than projected, EA will gut the developing studio, most recently Visceral studios (Dead Space).  I bet next in line is Bioware...

edit:

I mean EA knew exactly knew what they were doing with this. This gained them publicity and shit. Plus they "fixed" the issue by reducing it to 75% yet people wont "forget it" even though they will still buy this shit at full price.

Also an interesting note is that the prices of heroes were reduced in review copies/at some sort of event without telling them that the prices was reduced. And how those that beaten the campaign gotten 20k credits, but if you do that now you get 5k credits. So all of this was planned out to have people guided towards buying the lootcrates to have an advantage over people and get their shit faster. 

2 hours ago, centran said:

Over 680k and gilded 74 times. I wonder if the people giving gold also up-voted the comment and thought they had to pay gold to upvote because that is what EA has taught them.

When thread locked, you can't make comment but you can make comment to the person once you gilded gold to that person so... those 74 people possibly giving a "fuck you comments" to EA

48 minutes ago, krony said:

When thread locked, you can't make comment but you can make comment to the person once you gilded gold to that person so... those 74 people possibly giving a "fuck you comments" to EA

“+1 comment for each gold bought”

18 hours ago, krony said:

Spend 1 gold coin to unlock commenting!

1 minute ago, TurtleFrenzy said:

"The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date"

whoever wrote that had -one- job

While yes, they dun goofed, I hope the meeting with Disney went something like this https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYBnErTTCIl2SPe/giphy.gif and the only reason they bring them back is for cosmetic rewards that won't give anyone an unfair advantage.. 

55 minutes ago, Clamps said:

While yes, they dun goofed, I hope the meeting with Disney went something like this https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYBnErTTCIl2SPe/giphy.gif and the only reason they bring them back is for cosmetic rewards that won't give anyone an unfair advantage.. 

This was the exact gif I was hoping for when I first read Disney here