Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JFK

Roy Moore alleged to have molested a 14 year old girl when he was 32.

I'm sure most of us are more than familiar with the story by now, but it is one that does call into question what we can unanimously agree to be red lines that shouldn't ever be crossed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?utm_term=.107926a6c2b7

What's interesting that Corfman's account was corroborated by 30 other people who were familiar with Moore during the time period, and there were 3 other girls that told similar tales on how Moore charmed them and asked them out on dates that he tried to escalate sexually. I personally find it difficult to believe that they all just fabricated the stories and they coincidentally had very similar fake tales.

Anyways, I thought to post this since we had a similar discussion about whether or not underage teenagers can properly consent to charismatic adults they view as supportive role models awhile back. The answer is no.

Should Roy Moore withdraw from the race if the allegations find more corroboration even further? Might this deem someone unfit for Public Office? Should we take a sigh of relief knowing the stories only allege hebephilia and ephebophilia, but not technically pedophilia?

5 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Guy has long been sketch. This just confirms it. If the republicans had brain cells they'd remove him before they got a ass kicking in Alabama of all places.

If the response from the Alabama GOP... and the topic made after this one are indication, we have an actual pedophile to look forward to in the US Senate.