Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JXC

So uhhh, North Korea claims the US declared war....

Happened yesterday, here are a few links from a few different news outlets:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/politics/north-korea-fm-us-bombers/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09/26/north-koreas-history-declaring-war-on-us.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/25/white-house-rebuffs-north-korea-claim-have-not-declared-war.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-trump-declaration-of-war-nuclear-kim-jong-un-conflict-ri-yong-ho-latest-a7966416.html

What do you guys think? Was it right to dismiss it, or as tensions rise under the Trump administration should we take it more seriously?

I mean, to me, we shouldn't dismiss it as a country. I mean, it's a serious threat, and if they do take action they see nothing wrong with it, so to see our president take no ambition to raise security, or be alert is upsetting. Also, why should we be trash talking THE MOST UNSTABLE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD? I mean he is literally tweeting from his personal account "Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!". I mean that is definitely provoking the country to do something about it. I dunno, it's fucking stupid.

(https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911789314169823232)

Right, but we didn't have an antagonist clown running the country back in 2013.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just now, JXC said:

So their threats are suddenly serious because we have an "antagonist clown"? 

43 minutes ago, JXC said:

rocket man

Just now, JXC said:

I feel like you fail to see the fact that the small asian man will not do anything, because if he were going to do something he would do it unannounced. Do you really think he would tell the world when he plans to attack any country when he constantly launches things near other countries without a notice? Even if he attacks unannounced though there are so many things set up to detect a launch near NK that even if he tries it we would know as soon as it is launched.

Just now, fatb0y said:

So their threats are suddenly serious because we have an "antagonist clown"? 

Just now, SpartanSakaro said:

I feel like you fail to see the fact that the small asian man will not do anything, because if he were going to do something he would do it unannounced. Do you really think he would tell the world when he plans to attack any country when he constantly launches things near other countries without a notice? Even if he attacks unannounced though there are so many things set up to detect a launch near NK that even if he tries it we would know as soon as it is launched.

Keep in mind that China is their ally, so this "Small asain man" has some contacts that will back him up. Also yeah, it doesn't help that this antagonistic clown is not trying to resolve or deescalate the scenario, he is just making it worse. He is just tempting them to try us. One nuke is all it takes because our president wouldn't just deflect the missile and get on with it, he would order the US to fire back starting a full out nuclear war.

Just now, JXC said:

They still made the exact same threats though....

Just now, JXC said:

Keep in mind that China is their ally, so this "Small asain man" has some contacts that will back him up. Also yeah, it doesn't help that this antagonistic clown is not trying to resolve or deescalate the scenario, he is just making it worse. He is just tempting them to try us. One nuke is all it takes because our president wouldn't just deflect the missile and get on with it, he would order the US to fire back starting a full out nuclear war.

Is China still their ally? I thought trump said he wouldn’t do business with people that worked with NK, so China stopped helping them. 

Not sure though

Just now, JXC said:

China wants to deescalate. I feel that China will, at least officially, stay out of any NK/US conflict. 

I think firing back at North Korea is the point.... North Korea is a little turd of a country that no one will miss.

I think the biggest issue is the safety of the South Korean and Japanese people, who are immediately under threat if a war with North Korea breaks out. 

However, in a perfect world, there would be no North Korea. 

Same shit North Korea has been babbling for years. Sure if they want to get blown off the face of the Earth, go right ahead.

Kim doesn't want that and knows it would happen. China won't back North Korea one bit, why would they? You really think China wants a war? That would be suicide.

No one wants a war right now. If anything does happen, we will not read about it first anyways. I trust Trump and Mattis know what they are doing. Don't read too much into the propaganda..

Hasn't this become expected of north Korea though? As of right now, they are one of the shadiest and worst governments in the world, run under a dictator who many believe to be a holy figure of sorts, it makes perfect sense for them to claim that the U.S. declared war on them, the main focus should be though, is Kim going to try and nuke us when he can't afford food for his people?

I don't think many are concerned with decisions North Korea makes... more so how the United States handles those decisions.

Belittling an insane, paranoid, self centered, conceited dictator by calling him "Little Rocket Man" is probably not the best course of action when dealing with North Korea..

7 hours ago, Travesty said:

Belittling an insane, paranoid, self centered, conceited dictator by calling him "Little Rocket Man" is probably not the best course of action when dealing with North Korea..

Cant tell if you are talking about trump or kim or both. 

On 9/27/2017 at 1:45 AM, Gashbell said:

No one wants a war right now. If anything does happen, we will not read about it first anyways. I trust Trump and Mattis know what they are doing. Don't read too much into the propaganda..

I'm not so sure.

2 hours ago, JFK said:

I'm not so sure.

More so meant it as if there is a sudden attack Trump will not tweet "Bout to bomb the shit out of North Korea in 10 minutes".

Honestly standing up to North Korea should have happened a long time ago, its gotten worse and worse and it has to be dealt with accordingly.

Huh, thats awkward lol, though in truth we all know they aren't going to do anything, everyone including them knows that they're arent fooling the rest of the world and thats what they would be facing if they attacked the US out of the blue over something like that