Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jehovas witness

New PC, Need Help!!

Since my very old laptop has recently broken down, im building a new gaming pc with the buget of 650$. Because this is only to play low end games like csgo and league of legends for now, im not going to put a gpu in my build for now and have a decent rest of the build. I do plan to add a 1060 or better gpu in the near future.

i already bought the Ram a while ago 

My build so far

I dont know what mobo or case im going to get, but i have an idea, any sugestions would help

NZXT Mid Tower

Phanteks windowed mid tower

MSI Atx Mobo

You dont need a cpu cooler if you are not overclocking, I would take that off so you can have an extra $30 to spend on more important things.

I'm just gonna jump in here, if you are doing a budget build, intel is out of the question. You'll more than likely need to buy AMD. Intel while better quality, will kill you in budget as you'll see very soon.

Second, if you are building for possible upgrades as especially with gaming, DO NOT SKIMP ON YOUR PSU. That's more often than not the first thing to fail on a budget build. If you get an 80 plus Gold or better you'll be set (personally i prefer EVGA or Corsair) plus the 10 year warranty on an 80 plus gold is the best thing ever. The 750 watt EVGA listed is actually in my gaming rig and has delivered a phenomenal job on everything i put it through (2 monitors, gaming KB and mouse (RGB lit), 7.1 headphones (RGB lit), 8 core cpu @ 4Ghz, 2 optical drives [ 1 DVD RW and 1 Blu ray Writer], 1 ssd, and 2 HDDs)

If you are dead set against AMD, i have a build here following most of what you had and it's on budget and will play everything CSGO or LOL can throw at you (can't speak for other games but you only mentioned those two). CPU has a stock cooler that will work just fine, thermal paste should come with the CPU (i have yet to see a modern one that doesn't have it nowadays) and likely will be on the cooler (even then it's like 10 - 15 bucks).

While the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is one of the best coolers (and most popular), letting you know now that seating it is an absolute b*#!@. I've also lost count on how many times I've cut my hand on the thing. Also to note, since you're gonna likely not be Overclocking, the stock cooler on the intel 7500k will work just fine.

I dropped a low end GPU in there because it's likely that the CPU doesn't have integrated graphics (personally speaking i think that's better cause you get a better and faster CPU for intensive games like PUBG) but with 2Gb of VRAM in the GPU you'll be fine in CSGO and LoL on fairly medium settings.

I'm also assuming you'll be scrounging up peripherals like Headphones, keyboard, monitor and mouse until you upgrade them, so they are not included in the list here.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PKYsD8

**side note** Don't buy a ton of case fans that light up the case if you are putting this thing in a bedroom, you will not sleep.

My two cents...