Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fps_trucka

Need a Microphone

Going to the store to pick up a mic tomorrow, anyone have one they love using / suggestions? I was debating getting a yeti but its a tad expensive. Thoughts?

I should mention my last mic was a modmic. Cable snapped on me

33 minutes ago, Destin said:

Watching the first two minutes of that video gave me cancer because he's comparing his studio setup to his blue yeti.

Trucka, while that video above is plain stupid, you should just pick up a cheap clip on mic, it works just as well as a blue yeti.

19 hours ago, fps_trucka said:

Going to the store to pick up a mic tomorrow, anyone have one they love using / suggestions? I was debating getting a yeti but its a tad expensive. Thoughts?

I should mention my last mic was a modmic. Cable snapped on me

I would highly recommend a ModMic 5 I recently bought one and everyone that I have played with has said that the mic quality is really high. The modmic 4 cable wasnt great, the new cable comes with a sleeve and also has a much sturdier mic boom thing. Im assuming that you had the 4th version.

5 hours ago, Atari Breakout said:

I would highly recommend a ModMic 5 I recently bought one and everyone that I have played with has said that the mic quality is really high. The modmic 4 cable wasnt great, the new cable comes with a sleeve and also has a much sturdier mic boom thing. Im assuming that you had the 4th version.

I did, I just bought a trashy clip mic so I'll see how that performs if its poor then I'll probably pick up the Modmic 5. Thanks for the headsup.

I've had a yeti for 3 or 4 years and have no complaints with it. I wanted a nicer mic and headphones because I got tired of them breaking. 99% of issues with them are always in the cords - so I wanted a nicer mic with a detachable cord.

It's expensive for a mic, but it was also a gift. I don't see why people (not necessarily anyone here) are willing to spend $100-200 on some peripherals (mouse, keyboard) and not a microphone or headphones. Communication is important too :)

On 7/6/2017 at 10:31 PM, Destin said:

I bet you I can use filters and a nice VAC set-up to make it sound just the same as your mic easily.