Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOrangeGrape

Rainbow Six Siege won't launch on this computer..

This isn't my computer but I currently can't even use mine soo yeah. I've already reinstalled several times but it still doesn't work, I've verified game cache, I've contacted steam support and they couldn't help. I've looked up on youtube and google and still no answers that could fix anything. Whenever I try to launch it, it just says I'm in game for 1-2 seconds then stops launching and just says I'm online. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried changing my compatibility settings and running as admin, still nothing.

edit: The specs on this computer should be even better than my computer so it should be able to run it. The first couple times I tried to run it it even worked. I didn't change anything in the files or anything but later on it just stopped working.

Steam support walked me through that and I tried that also but it still didn't work. I'll try several things including this again now, though.

Edit: When I launch it through uplay a steam popup appears and it asks if it can run through steam and when I press accept (yes) it launches it through steam and the same problem occurs. How do I launch it through uplay but not through steam? @Zip

Maybe a low amount of RAM and it wont start up?

Also maybe check your firewall programs, it may have falsely flagged one of the game files as unsafe and wont let it run.

Other than that idk.

Just now, TheOrangeGrape said:

Steam support walked me through that and I tried that also but it still didn't work. I'll try several things including this again now, though.

Edit: When I launch it through uplay a steam popup appears and it asks if it can run through steam and when I press accept (yes) it launches it through steam and the same problem occurs. How do I launch it through uplay but not through steam? @Zip

Hm. That's weird. When I click on play on UPlay it just brings me into game doesn't ask me to go through steam.

Just now, Zip said:

Hm. That's weird. When I click on play on UPlay it just brings me into game doesn't ask me to go through steam.

When I launch it on uplay is says this: "Do you want this app to make changes to your device? (steam client bootstrapper)"

Just now, Taboo said:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/359550/discussions/0/359543951707157002/

you're probably missing a .dll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so I downloaded it then I was missing another file, which I also downloaded so when I try to launch it now all it does is this, when I try to launch it directly this pops up: http://prntscr.com/fpcwoe but still nothing happens when I launch it through steam or uplay..

Edit: I ran a troubleshoot and this is what it ended up saying.. http://prntscr.com/fpd19g

Just now, Taboo said:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1991597/windows-bit-error-0xc000007b.html

its a pretty broad error that requires a ton of troubleshooting, try the solutions the best answer lists

"Solution 1
In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework from"

how..?

Edit: I also didn't install directX.

if you didnt have direct x installed the whole time then thats your problem lol

Just now, Taboo said:

if you didnt have direct x installed the whole time then thats your problem lol

Sorry, I have it but I havn't found how to uninstall/reinstall it yet, I'm looking now, though ;-;

(edit: I have directx 12, can't find where to uninstall/reinstall though)

Just now, Taboo said:

okay but how do I uninstall it? I've seen several ways how but I havn't done anything, am I supposed to restore my computer..?

(edit) I installed it and it's asking me to type the location where I want to place the extracted files

edit: i just saw your edit, just extract it anywhere in a new folder and it should have dxsetup.exe or dxwebsetup.exe in it
you can't uninstall directx, you use the installer i linked and if it passes with this:

7zkv9g.png
and doesn't detect any errors then it's not your directx

also run dxdiag (search dxdiag in start menu if you're on win10) and check for errors

also make sure your gpu drivers are up to date

if directx is showing 0 problems then run https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

last resort would be to just clean install windows

3 hours ago, Taboo said:

edit: i just saw your edit, just extract it anywhere in a new folder and it should have dxsetup.exe or dxwebsetup.exe in it
you can't uninstall directx, you use the installer i linked and if it passes with this:

7zkv9g.png

also run dxdiag (search dxdiag in start menu if you're on win10) and check for errors

if directx is showing 0 problems then run https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

For this cmd console and the last one it won't work, for this one at the microsoft report this is what it says after I command it to say this "sfc /scannow" It says, "You must be an adminstrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. Though I thought I was an administrator..

6 hours ago, TheOrangeGrape said:

For this cmd console and the last one it won't work, for this one at the microsoft report this is what it says after I command it to say this "sfc /scannow" It says, "You must be an adminstrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. Though I thought I was an administrator..

run command prompt as administrator. 

On windows 10, Right click the Start button in the bottom right, and click Command Prompt (Admin)

Also Taboo mentioned it but make sure your drivers are up to date. 

34 minutes ago, nothing_but_fail said:

Also Taboo mentioned it but make sure your drivers are up to date.

I "checked for updates" if that's what you mean and updated everything?

13 hours ago, Taboo said:

7zkv9g.png

I did everything, no errors, no integrity violations. so what next?

if i can assume you did everything correctly and thoroughly, then i have no idea except for reinstalling windows

6 hours ago, Taboo said:

if i can assume you did everything correctly and thoroughly, then i have no idea except for reinstalling windows

I did everything except clean installing windows.. sry for confusion

@Taboo how do i clean install or reinstall windows?