Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gemma

Harvard Rescinds Acceptances for At Least Ten Students for Obscene Memes

Hard to feel sorry for dudes who share tasteless memes. They should have had their acceptance revoked for sending shitty memes not because they were obscene.

My 9 year old neighbor shows me danker memes than these hooligans.

Just now, Travesty said:

Hard to feel sorry for dudes who share tasteless memes. They should have had their acceptance revoked for sending shitty memes not because they were obscene.

My 9 year old neighbor shows me danker memes than these hooligans.

your neighbor sounds like an asshole

oops i cant read that said danker not darker

Just now, gemma said:

your neighbor sounds like an asshole

He can't help the way he is or brought up. Sometimes he'll say "What's up Bitch?" as I enter my apartment building. I've come to admire his warm greetings and acknowledgement of my presence.

He showed me this one the other day:

oh8op65dp71z.jpg

I laughed at some of them, but mostly at the Mexican one. A fine addition to my collection.

and 10 new children were born to /b/

stuffs pretty normal for internet standards, ive seen worse in 100k+ upvoted imgur meme dumps. the child predatory crap is offputting, I can see being upset about that. how public was this page though? I would imagine it being weird to be so responsive to a private group doing things in a private manner kept between only those invited. If its a public page with the branding image of harvard with this stuff juxtaposed, thats one thing. Bringing up the eff'd up stuff that everyone does in their own privacy amongst friends is another. But therein lies the woes of social media platforms- especially if the page still was linked to their public profiles although the page itself not accessible by non-members. Wonder if anyone snitched for if admins found out themselves doing sweeps for that kind of thing.

#snitchesgetstitches #skittoutedtheENGrevolutiontoJCS

#thxbulletford

Alas, I have my own personal justice boner for people who don't grasp real world consequences. If you adopt the prestige that comes with the title, you have to be willing to take the responsibilities associated with it as well. Welcome to the professional world kiddos, here's your PR crash course.

These memes aren't that horrible to internet standards as a few have said. 

This is a really shitty reason to have your acceptance revoked.

Just now, MistaChang said:

These memes aren't that horrible to internet standards as a few have said. 

This is a really shitty reason to have your acceptance revoked.

Most likely Harvard didn't want to deal with the scandal that would have happened if it leaked that Harvard was aware 10 new students found child molestation jokes were funny.  Theres certainly worse but Harvard of all places has the right to expect higher standards. 

Heh. I got a chuckle out of some of those.

Sucks to be them. They should know better than to share that sorta stuff somewhere that can be easily traced back to them.

These were pretty funny but also pretty basic memes considering whats on the web. God forbid people make jokes, but not catch the actual predators within the elite class.

Should definitely be more aware when you are at such a controlled and privileged school though, shame on them for being dumb.