Sign in to follow this  
Atari Breakout

New sG Member Tier?

Recently, I have heard a lot of chatter about admin powers of clan members vs paidmin players as well as a lack of admins on during certain times on crucial gamemodes (jailbreak for example). This could be a perfect time to add some more levels (to the already large amount of levels lol).

[L2-O] or [SO-P] (Level 2 officer or Server officer probationer)

My Ideas for this low level admin is as follows;

L2 Officers would have access to the most basic commands and features (depending on the server) such as; beacon, slay, admin chat, [L2-O] (level 2 officer) tag or whatever ([L2-O]sG-Member: no afk in armory thx), vote, and maybe a few more commands just for the most basic moderation. This Level 2 Officer would also have about equal power to an L3 but having the power confined to a single server (similar to SO). Any abuse of this system (harmful abuse) after 2 warnings will revoke your admin privilege as well as lower chances for leveling up or getting SO privilege. This could also act as a "intern" for server officers.

L2 Admins will be subject to approval and must show some understanding of the rules of a specified server. This process would be somewhat similar to getting a server officer position though less rigorous. This would be similar to a server-based hierarchy with Staff being "Supreme rule of the land", SO's being in a "Co-leader" position, Level 2 Officers being marked equal with less commands as to L3+, Paidmins, Player.

This could also make the SO requirement L3+ (excluding current SO's and Members who have already applied). 

To further elaborate on how this might help the community (especialy in jail break which requires a large number of commands) is listed in Trucka's post "what is going on". My understanding is that during times that there are around 10 people on and no admins, many players might find it hard to play during such times due to the requirements for LR or "fun" commands. This hinders the ability of JB to be fun without admins.

Gets down-repped by dakka because I downrepped him for some homophobia in his post :/. Now being downrepped by everyone thx

Edited by Atari Breakout

From what I can gather, you're trying to get L2 some form of admin with a needless over complication of jargon.

As our community would have it, if someone has proven themselves to be mature enough to be a server officer, they may apply as a member and receive such benefits should our esteemed staff members allow it. Far less complicated than.. this.

I don't mean to shit on your idea so readily, but I feel as though it's more over a problem of a lack of players as opposed to admins.

Isn't getting Ranks/levels in this community relatively easy if you just well..be a part of the community in a positive or even neutral way? I have seen so many people who I was like they will never get into the clan get into the clan. They just cleaned up their act or contributed. Some just became more active and contributed without even saying anything. I think your just adding unneeded layers were the problem just resides within player activity and willingness to go above and beyond. In a nutshell I don't think what your looking for is more levels and power swings but a involved community. You also seem very bias towards jailbreak, you mentioned it several times and used it as an example. I'd work more on recruiting a active population then additional hierarchy because what does that matter if you don't have players to fill those positions which seems to be the real problem. 

You're treating what is a coalition of closet homosexuals as a formal business. L2 used to be the freedmin starting line, but L2's are basic bitches that just hopped off the short bus (L1), and they need to learn their place.

9 hours ago, Rune said:

From what I can gather, you're trying to get L2 some form of admin with a needless over complication of jargon.

As our community would have it, if someone has proven themselves to be mature enough to be a server officer, they may apply as a member and receive such benefits should our esteemed staff members allow it. Far less complicated than.. this.

I don't mean to shit on your idea so readily, but I feel as though it's more over a problem of a lack of players as opposed to admins.

8 hours ago, turbulance said:

Isn't getting Ranks/levels in this community relatively easy if you just well..be a part of the community in a positive or even neutral way? I have seen so many people who I was like they will never get into the clan get into the clan. They just cleaned up their act or contributed. Some just became more active and contributed without even saying anything. I think your just adding unneeded layers were the problem just resides within player activity and willingness to go above and beyond. In a nutshell I don't think what your looking for is more levels and power swings but a involved community. You also seem very bias towards jailbreak, you mentioned it several times and used it as an example. I'd work more on recruiting a active population then additional hierarchy because what does that matter if you don't have players to fill those positions which seems to be the real problem. 

To clear this up, when achieving L2, you do not immediately gain access to limited admin. This can serve as a stepping stone for members who would like to join into the executives of a spicific server. This would require reccomendations similar to how SO is achieved but in a less rigirous fashion. To adress the necessity of admins, JB is highly reliant on admin commands in contrast to

basic gamemodes like ZE/MG which do not often need any admin commands.