Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fps_trucka

Alien Covenant: Opinions? [SPOILERS]

So I saw alien covenant yesterday and to be honest...

Spoiler

I was VERY sad. I found many things wrong with this movie and specifically the twist at the end was so obvious it upset me. Let me list you a couple of things that annoyed me. First, when the main girl stabs david (the android) in the jaw and the wound is gone in the following scene(s) even though he cannot regenerate like the Walter android (stupid director).  The alien that popped out of the new captains stomach had grown to be an adult in less than 5 minutes.  The spores did not create aliens in prometheus yet in this movie they do.... The thing that annoyed me the most is that James Franco dies in literally the first fucking MINUTE of the movie.  I was so god damn excited for this movie and they fucking shit all over it. I guess its time to stop watching alien movies.

If you agree / disagree/ thoughts list em. This is just what I found. There is probably more.

SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler

I thought alien was going to be really scary, but imo Prometheus was a better movie, not that covenant was bad, but I enjoyed Prometheus more.

I'm with you, just saw the movie and was overall very disappointed. For all the same reasons you listed; I was also really disappointed with how obvious the ending was

Spoiler

During the fight scene with Walter and David the camera shows the knife ,then rapidly switches. I immediately guessed that he somehow would win even though Walter had the upper hand throughout the fight. Sure enough it ended just like I expected. I was really hoping for some sort of unexpected twist, but oh well