Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Turkish Bodyguards kicking US Citizens asses in D.C.

... and the Police were arresting your citizens instead of the foreigners.

Warning: Violence

I can't even keep up with all the shit going on in the United States anymore.

Meanwhile:

It's like a scene from the Matrix with all those suits..

I was going to post something about this earlier, but I felt like I already up my weekly quota of posting new topics. There's a lot of news coming out of D.C. as of late.

Honestly to people who want to say that the protestors had it coming, you can't even say they were doing this in the street blocking traffic or even provoking Erdogon's bodyguards in the first place. Erdogon's thugs that have absolutely no legal authority in the U.S. whatsoever literally broke past a police barricade without warning and began battering American citizens until they were bloody.

Lets start off serious.

From what I have read (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/why-turkish-bodyguards-involved-bloody-d-c-brawl-likely-won-n760926, and https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/turkeys-presidential-guards-violently-clash-with-protesters-outside-embassy/2017/05/17/8420942a-3b05-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.0007a5bd8f42) It seems that U.S. Protesters against Turkey were struck by "well dressed" Turkish guards due to the norms in turkey of striking down any protesters.

I find that the Police in this situation could not arrest or attack the Turkish bodyguards due to diplomatic issues. The US has had bases in Turkey for a moderate amount of time, however, the relationship between these two countries are strained. I assume that the officers were specifically instructed to not arrest these "smiths" because of the possible implications that may follow. The "president" of turkey is known to be a erratic that cracks down on citizens if they run against him. Turkey also holds critical military bases that are key to fight ISIS as they are placed in near-perfect positions.

I also find that there will need to be something done about this but again, its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. These guards should be held accountable, but, if Turkey denies that they should be arraigned, there should be UN involvement due to their constant insubordination. These actions on US soil also show how many other countries do not respect the rights of US citizens even on US soil. These protesters should be freed of charges put against them as I also find they are mostly out of self-defense. 

To Trump

What the fuck. With all the controversies surrounding him, the majority seem to point toward Russian involvement, untrustworthy members of the Trump Admin., Constant hatred toward news organizations other than far right Breitbart, "fox and friends", etc., A lack of transparency into the administration, lack of credible press releases, and many. fucking. more. I didn't like any of the candidates (comethefuckonbidenlmfao) in the 2016 election but I feel that Trump is the worst of the evils between the candidates due to his constant controversies. His approval rating has nearly constantly dropped (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/) with only 2 noticeable "recoveries". As of now, his approval rating is at a sad 39.7%

Final Statments

I would like to put this out there (even if you don't believe me), I am not White, and I consider my self to be a marginal left lean. 

"the sky is falling"

Turkey is used to police not doing anything when it comes to brutality so this must've been a surprise to the Turks.

2 minutes ago, Atari Breakout said:

I find that the Police in this situation could not arrest or attack the Turkish bodyguards due to diplomatic issues.

Not a chance. Just because they are in the employ of a diplomat does not mean they are immune to being detained. Top level Diplomats cannot be charged with a crime, only simply asked to leave. They can, however, be detained as part of that process. Turkish bodyguards probably have something along the lines of Functional Immunity. This keeps them from being charged with crimes while carrying out the normal tasks of their job. Assaulting peaceful protesters not breaking any laws? Hah, please. The fact that its recorded makes it open and shut. However, they at most will probably be asked to never return to the country at most.

Just now, Swed said:

Not a chance. Just because they are in the employ of a diplomat does not mean they are immune to being detained. Top level Diplomats cannot be charged with a crime, only simply asked to leave. They can, however, be detained. Turkish bodyguards probably have something along the lines of Functional Immunity. This keeps them from being charged with crimes while carrying out the normal tasks of their job. Assaulting peaceful protesters not breaking any laws? Hah, please. The fact that its recorded makes it open and shut. However, they at most will probably be asked to never return to the country at most.

Yeah, I know, I dont agree with the lack of persecution on the guards. But, when I say diplomatic, I mean military bases and stuff like that. You know how fucking dumb trump is :P.

Just now, Atari Breakout said:

Yeah, I know, I dont agree with the lack of persecution on the guards. But, when I say diplomatic, I mean millitary bases and stuff like that.

Turkey isn't going to ask the US to remove its military base any time soon. Why pay for your own defense?

1 hour ago, Swed said:

Turkey isn't going to ask the US to remove its military base any time soon. Why pay for your own defense?

Yea, it has been there since the Truman Doctrine came around; it provides defense and also some moneys for them.  

In all honestly though, fuck the Turks. (I mean the government, ofc).  The Dictator Erdogan is a real fucking nasty guy, who basically had rigged elections giving him more powers, invites in radical muslims and lets them freely travel throughout Syria, lets migrants roam free into neighboring countries, and fucking abuses his citizens who dare not to follow his agenda.  

Fuck Erdogan, Fuck the entire Turkish Gov't.  Hope to see them removed from NATO, and set their country straight. 

4 hours ago, Destin said:

It looked like the police were shoving and throwing the guys in suits off the civilians to me idk man

Which ones were the ones being arrested? I see no bodyguards lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/world/middleeast/turkish-guards-washington-attack.html?mcubz=1&_r=0

Looks like our police force came through. Figured I'd add on to this thread rather than make a new one.

TL;DR - The fuckwad Turk security team who thought they could attack peaceful protesters with no consequence due to their "diplomatic presence" were dead wrong and now have outstanding warrants issued against them for assault. Any attempt they make to re-enter the country will result in their immediate arrest.

Just now, Sith said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/world/middleeast/turkish-guards-washington-attack.html?mcubz=1&_r=0

Looks like our police force came through. Figured I'd add on to this thread rather than make a new one.

TL;DR - The fuckwad Turk security team who thought they could attack peaceful protesters with no consequence due to their "diplomatic presence" were dead wrong and now have outstanding warrants issued against them for assault. Any attempt they make to re-enter the country will result in their immediate arrest.

feelsgoodman, at least your country knows how it should work.

A Saudi Arabian diplomat killed a german yesterday, he isn´t facing any charges he just had to leave Germany.

https://www.thelocal.de/20170615/cyclist-killed-after-crashing-into-diplomatic-car-in-berlin