Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rootbeer

Check your email here to see if it's compromised

Just got an email from MEGA telling me someone tried to access my account with an old (and leaked) password.

2ALZIj1.png

Had no idea about the leak. Adobe, Patreon and Xsplit were my possible leaks. A few months back, I had my new Runescape account hacked (Xsplit's leaked date matches up here) and lost all my stuff. I've been wondering how it was possible when I wasn't being dumb with my info/downloading cracked games/etcetc -- I guess this was it. @Piplup & @Iherdcows MYSTERY SOLVED! Most if not all of my passwords are new/replaced but I guess Runescape was the exception. Now I gotta go double check and change all of my passwords or just create a new email. So much work fml :kms: 

I'd check your email with https://haveibeenpwned.com , pretty neat website that I wasn't aware of.

2 hours ago, ZachPL said:

Start using lastpass or something and have all unique passwords, problem mostly solved.

Turn on 2-Factor if the site has it. That and unique passwords and you are getting real real close to problem solved.

Dang, one of my emails were breached... Luckily it was the email I use for stupid non-important shit.

Thanks for the link