Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

Vaping

As some of you might have noticed yesterday on my snapchat story, I took my first try at vaping. After working out with some of my friends in the Army, one of my friends offered for me to try his vapor. So, I was like what the heck. I took about 3 swigs (or whatever you want to call it) of it. I was really surprised how I didn't feel anything what so ever, just inhaled, and then exhaled vape smoke. Then it had a really good blueberry after taste lol.

Anyways, after giving vaping a try, I decided to go ahead and try to do some research on how bad vaping is, even without nicotine. In all honesty, it's been really hard finding legit credited sources out there. Maybe it's due to us not knowing the big long term affect of vaping because it's still relatively knew, but I just wanted to see if you guys knew anything, or any of the possible harms of vaping with non nicotine flavors.

As of right now, I don't plan on actually getting my own vapor (my parents might kill me if I do because they're strict like that), but I still wanted to know what you guys might know that I don't about vaping.

Thanks in advanced!

I've also tried vaping, I dont see what is all so good about it. For me it was just inhale and exhale with a cloud. I did not taste very much of anything, and I do not want to take a possible risk to my health for those subtle effects.

Don't use the vapes with nicotine it tastes so nasty and it burns going down your throat, as for just the flavored ones I don't know how bad they are really but i used to vape for a bit it helped with my anxiety but luckily I haven't seen any effects it's had on me.

I've vaped for almost two years myself. If you have questions you can inbox me on the forums. 

Anyways in my experience;

You become a vape lord. A God. The king of the vapes. All jokes aside, I have become healthier since I started vaping, in which I quit smoking cigarettes. With vaping, I slowly quit smoking marijuana. With vaping I've met many new people(in which I don't talk to them on the daily). I've learned about many different things inside food products such as vegetable glycerin and polypropylene glycole(or however it's spelled). When I started vaping, it really changed my outlook on life. Honestly, if I didn't start vaping, I would have never stopped smoking and would have never gotten into exercising down the road. Now I exercise quite often, and I am benching 140 pounds, and I'm aiming for 150 next week. I am able to run. I find vaping helps me stay away from marijuana as well. I've learned about wire and ohms and other stuff associated with wire. I wouldn't start vaping if you don't smoke though. There is no point in picking up a new habit. Soon, I am thinking of quitting vaping again as I was vape free for like 6 months. 

3 hours ago, tazmanianxdude said:

Don't use the vapes with nicotine it tastes so nasty and it burns going down your throat, as for just the flavored ones I don't know how bad they are really but i used to vape for a bit it helped with my anxiety but luckily I haven't seen any effects it's had on me.

You must be vaping some sort of death, because the only "ejuice" that I've had that does that, is cheaply made and come from shitty brands, or having 18ml of nicotine inside of a 30 ml bottle. Also if you are vaping a low amount of nicotine, saying 1.5 - 3 ml, you don't taste the nicotine at all. If anything I would strongly suggest to quit buying from those companies that makes it feel like "it burns going down your throat". You are literally the first person I've ever heard this coming from. 

@badbie Thoughts?

@badbie Thoughts?

To be honest, this clan has a very negative view on vapeing. Not on the side effects or risks to health but on the social side if it. Most member have turned it into a joke or insult similar to gays/furries/bronnies.

That being said there are more vapors in this clan then one would think. I usually don't share that I use a vape outside of those I know vape but seeing as I have been tagged I now have little choice.

Vapeing for me started about 6 years ago. Yah that's right it's been a while and no side effects yet. I originally started because I was an obsessive gum chewer. The old saying seems true that anything in moderation is fine. But chewing gum in excess was causing my teeth to thin. I had vaped a bit befor that on friends mods and decided that would be my next sweet flavor to put in my mouth and keep my breath smelling nice.

Since then I have been vapeing on large mechanical mods. Huge clouds. I've entered cloud competitions and won. Yes that's as stupid as it sounds, but it was actually pretty fun. I have about 800 bucks worth of vapeing equipment. And I'm buying another $200 mod this week actually. My hole family now vapes. For some it's more of a desert air. They vape after a meal or whatnot. None of us use nicotine, but we have a plethora of flavors.

Now as for the health. Well it is true that it's still a young thing but it has been tested at least a little. In theory the base liquids should be fine. Polypropylene glycol was chosen as the media to put the nicotine in because it has a high absorption rate of chemical but low bond to those chemicals when it is vaporized. Thus is why it is a main component in inhalers. Vegetable glycerin is used in many foods and in fog machines. That doesn't mean it's a proven fact it's safe, No one has stood in front of a fog machine for 40 mins a day for years. Nicotine is "safeeeerrr" in vapes but it's still nasty stuff and I would avoid it if u are not otherwise chemically dependant. The worst thing is the flavors! As there are no regulations right now people are using whatever they fucking feel like to flavor it. I have some horror stores that I will save for another time as this post is already way to long. Only buy juice from a reputable seller and don't buy there brand new flavor. Let others test it for u first ;)

I am obviously not against vapeing (soon I am going to be manufacturing some really high end vape mods) I am however really into Being safe and responsible about vapeing.

Know your juice!

Know your electronics!

Know your cotton!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, badbie said:

To be honest, this clan has a very negative view on vapeing. Not on the side effects or risks to health but on the social side if it. Most member have turned it into a joke or insult similar to gays/furries/bronnies.

That being said there are more vapors in this clan then one would think. I usually don't share that I use a vape outside of those I know vape but seeing as I have been tagged I now have little choice.

Vapeing for me started about 6 years ago. Yah that's right it's been a while and no side effects yet. I originally started because I was an obsessive gum chewer. The old saying seems true that anything in moderation is fine. But chewing gum in excess was causing my teeth to thin. I had vaped a bit befor that on friends mods and decided that would be my next sweet flavor to put in my mouth and keep my breath smelling nice.

Since then I have been vapeing on large mechanical mods. Huge clouds. I've entered cloud competitions and won. Yes that's as stupid as it sounds, but it was actually pretty fun. I have about 800 bucks worth of vapeing equipment. And I'm buying another $200 mod this week actually. My hole family now vapes. For some it's more of a desert air. They vape after a meal or whatnot. None of us use nicotine, but we have a plethora of flavors.

Now as for the health. Well it is true that it's still a young thing but it has been tested at least a little. In theory the base liquids should be fine. Polypropylene glycol was chosen as the media to put the nicotine in because it has a high absorption rate of chemical but low bond to those chemicals when it is vaporized. Thus is why it is a main component in inhalers. Vegetable glycerin is used in many foods and in fog machines. That doesn't mean it's a proven fact it's safe, No one has stood in front of a fog machine for 40 mins a day for years. Nicotine is "safeeeerrr" in vapes but it's still nasty stuff and I would avoid it if u are not otherwise chemically dependant. The worst thing is the flavors! As there are no regulations right now people are using whatever they fucking feel like to flavor it. I have some horror stores that I will save for another time as this post is already way to long. Only buy juice from a reputable seller and don't buy there brand new flavor. Let others test it for u first ;)

I am obviously not against vapeing (soon I am going to be manufacturing some really high end vape mods) I am however really into Being safe and responsible about vapeing.

Know your juice!

Know your electronics!

Know your cotton!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My Dad always tells me "well, inhaling anything into your lungs isn't good for you!" Is that a true statement? Or something he just made up?

Just now, Ironic said:

My Dad always tells me "well, inhaling anything into your lungs isn't good for you!" Is that a true statement? Or something he just made up?

Well, that's an old saying. Many things yes, do damage your lungs. But there are medicines developed for inhalation. 

Just now, Ironic said:

IM GONNA OD ON OXYGEN!

Tried vaping nicotine but got tired of it. It can be an interesting hobby but I'd advise to buy a cheaper one and keep it for a couple months to see if you enjoy it for a longer period of time.

If you don't smoke, don't get flavours with nicotine. If you do start at a low ml count of nicotine in it. It can be a little too easy to work your way up to a higher doseage. I've never had an unpleasant or burning taste in my mouth because of the amount of nicotine. It's either only the flavour or if your burning the vapors too hot.

TLDR - - Buy a cheaper one ($40-$50) and see if you like it enough to make it a hobby. IMO, I got tired of it and didn't find it worth it to keep buying the vapor if it didn't containe nicotine. But I also saw how easy it can be to get hooked on the nicotine you intake with big inhales. If you smoke, definitely give it a try but other than that it probably won't interest you as much. 

Now vaping marijuana on the other hand is a lot more fun.