Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danny

Maps wont download FeelsBadMan

(okay idrk if this is where this discussion is supposed to go but)

before i start i just wanna say that i uninstalled steam a few days ago because of reasons so that the reason but i dont know

anyways so today i reinstalled steam and started up Garry's Mod and went to sG's vanilla ttt servers, but when i tried to load in i'd be stuck loading for about 2 minutes before being kicked off for not having the map downloaded.

So i tried to download the maps off workshop but nothing worked. Now it's about 3 or 4 hours later, and i've uninstalled and reinstalled both steam and garry's mod about 6 times, watched 5 youtube videos, restarted my comp and still nothing works, so i was just wondering if i'm being a total idiot, or if this is an actual problem. 

Also I don't know if this is related but every time i'd get booted off there would be 4 new gametypes at the top of the gametype lists, all with a bunch of people on servers that are set to private, so i dont know if it's a virus or not LOL (they're titled: "DDos is illegal u kno" with 10,200 players on 40 servers, "gmodserverlist@gmail.com" with 10,200 players on 40 servers, "AwsomiumSux" with 10,200 players on 40 servers, and ".-when%s-?" with 3825 players on 15 servers)

Any help is very much appreciated FeelsBadMan 

We are currently experiencing issues with our FastDL server and are currently working with our host on resolving these issues. In the mean time, you will experience issues downloading the files required to play on our Source servers. We will update the community with more information when it becomes available.

Also added an announcement.

Just now, DannyShr said:

(okay idrk if this is where this discussion is supposed to go but)

before i start i just wanna say that i uninstalled steam a few days ago because of reasons so that the reason but i dont know

anyways so today i reinstalled steam and started up Garry's Mod and went to sG's vanilla ttt servers, but when i tried to load in i'd be stuck loading for about 2 minutes before being kicked off for not having the map downloaded.

So i tried to download the maps off workshop but nothing worked. Now it's about 3 or 4 hours later, and i've uninstalled and reinstalled both steam and garry's mod about 6 times, watched 5 youtube videos, restarted my comp and still nothing works, so i was just wondering if i'm being a total idiot, or if this is an actual problem. 

Also I don't know if this is related but every time i'd get booted off there would be 4 new gametypes at the top of the gametype lists, all with a bunch of people on servers that are set to private, so i dont know if it's a virus or not LOL (they're titled: "DDos is illegal u kno" with 10,200 players on 40 servers, "gmodserverlist@gmail.com" with 10,200 players on 40 servers, "AwsomiumSux" with 10,200 players on 40 servers, and ".-when%s-?" with 3825 players on 15 servers)

Any help is very much appreciated FeelsBadMan 

Might try something Papyrus told me to do one time to work. 

Go into the Gmod files and find the map files.

Delete all the maps that the server won't let you download and then try reconnecting so the server downloads them to your computer again.

Worked when I did this on CS:GO awhile back so might work for Gmod too.

Just now, Mimic said:

We are currently experiencing issues with our FastDL server and are currently working with our host on resolving these issues. In the mean time, you will experience issues downloading the files required to play on our Source servers. We will update the community with more information when it becomes available.

Also added an announcement.

Oh okay then, thanks for the help!