Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Sharp-

mass effect andromeda

I dont know if there are any topics about this game yet (if there is please refer) but ive been looking at this game once i heard it was coming out and most of the revies are okay not to good not too bad. 

But just corious if anyone has played it and could tell me how its is compared to the other mass effects before i buy thr 60 dollar game :D 

I personally like the others better, so far. It is growing on me and I find myself looking forward to playing after school or work. There are a ton of things I really like but there are also somethings that really bother me. One thing I really like is the detail and scale of everything put in to it. It is superb. My biggest complaint is the facial features, voice acting, and the lip syncing. There is just no way around it, it is ass. It above all kills immersion in the game, which is something the previous mass effects did so well. My next big complaint is the crafting and research system. It feels rushed, and unrefined. To me it almost seems like they ran out of time and had to make a system as quick as possible. Of course the game has micro transactions for multiplayer which I don't like and could go on a rant about EA forcing devs to have this shit included. Anyway on a positive note one thing I really like is the fact that you see your progression, your main base starts to change based on your choices, and your choices on planets will show. The grand scale of each planet and hub is so well done and so good, you can go into detail on just about anything. So far the story has me very interested but alas I'm not that far in. Furthermore if you are a big mass effect fan, then I would buy it, but if you don't have a ton of experience/interest in it, I would wait

15 minutes ago, Apache said:

My biggest complaint is the facial features, voice acting, and the lip syncing. There is just no way around it, it is ass. It above all kills immersion in the game

I'm sure it cant be as bad as this:

I played the game for roughly 6 hours.

The leveling system is a lot to get used to. So many choices. IMO to many. You could spend 30 min or more in the skill section reading everything trying to figure out what you want to put points into.

Game play mechanics are smooth and having more maneuverability is fantastic during combat. If anything the combat is the only good thing about this game.

The expressions of the characters are bland. No emotion whatsoever. Even body reactions during dialog is awful. Their's a really deep emotional moment early in the story and it was like the characters just didn't have a care in the world. Voice acting  was terrible. No one seemed to really care about bringing their characters to life. Robots mostly. The story so far seemed pointless and uninteresting. 

I got a refund from EA on Origin. 

I'm about 20 hours in now. It's okay, nothing too special. 

As reaper mentioned the characters aren't much to look at and you may have a hard time getting attached.

I'm sure the price will dip pretty quickly on third party sellers soon.

The talent system isn't bad once you realize you can respec for a trivial amount of money (though they don't tell you about that in the sparse amount of tutorials they have @Reaper0470)

Just now, Reaper0470 said:

I played the game for roughly 6 hours.

The leveling system is a lot to get used to. So many choices. IMO to many. You could spend 30 min or more in the skill section reading everything trying to figure out what you want to put points into.

Game play mechanics are smooth and having more maneuverability is fantastic during combat. If anything the combat is the only good thing about this game.

The expressions of the characters are bland. No emotion whatsoever. Even body reactions during dialog is awful. Their's a really deep emotional moment early in the story and it was like the characters just didn't have a care in the world. Voice acting  was terrible. No one seemed to really care about bringing their characters to life. Robots mostly. The story so far seemed pointless and uninteresting. 

I got a refund from EA on Origin. 

Are we really going to trust a Reaper's opinion of a Mass Effect game?KappaRoss

I honestly like the aesthetic and story of the game from watching it on twitch for awhile. I haven't played the first 2 albeit I own them, but its got me encouraged to download them and start.

Just now, TurtleFrenzy said:

I honestly like the aesthetic and story of the game from watching it on twitch for awhile. I haven't played the first 2 albeit I own them, but its got me encouraged to download them and start.

Stories aren't related if that matters. The first 3 are pretty good tho (ignoring the ending to 3)

Just now, Wintergreen said:

Stories aren't related if that matters. The first 3 are pretty good tho (ignoring the ending to 3)

Yeah, worst part on 3 was the shitty ending. The Indoctrination Theory was much better imo than the color pallet choice in the third game.

I probably wont actually play the game till the summer but tbh I think It looks good. It needs some patches to fix the main issues and I'm already predicting dlc will feature the quarian/volus arks which will add more variety and maybe a squadmate. I don't think It looks as good as the trilogy but if were being honest the original trilogy didn't fully hit its stride until the 2nd and had the advantage of a really cool enemy concept in the Reapers. Future games will probably continue the andromeda story from a new perspective and benefit from some of the new lore being already set down allowing for greater character focus. Plus I've just always loved mass effect combat and it looks amazing as ever

51 minutes ago, TurtleFrenzy said:

Mass Effect 1 was a game in its prime. I couldn't appreciate the game when I was younger so I never wanted to touch it for many years. When I finally did give it another shot I loved it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the tedious world exploring in the clunky Mako. Story, characters, music, atmosphere, and game play were exemplary. ME 2 did away with some things making it more fast paced. ME3 was a glorious piece of gaming until the ending that was worse than any fan theory out there.  Not to mention their were hints at a completely game changing ending to the series throughout all 3 games that they basically never touched again. 

All in all ME1-3 were really good games (minus 3's ending). Andromeda is a pathetic disgrace to the name and its previous titles. Everything they announced made it seem like the game was going to be another step in the right direction. After a few hours of playing I was extremely disappointed in the finished product. I will most likely try to get through the game later when it drops in price, but I refuse to pay full price for that mess.