Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King ET

What pc parts should i get.

PC parts or Nintendo switch  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Not sure which to get PC parts or the switch. need some help choosing s

• Ninetendo Switch
    • PC parts

I have hit the wall of whether to bite the bullet and buy the newest lga2011 v3 chipset for the DDR4 or just stay with AMD with DDR3 and save money. Also what motherboard and cpu should i get. i have looked at alot of options but it's best to get first hand reviews. 

Then theres option number 3 of getting the switch. What should i do?

Thanks for your time and consideration. once again if this is the wrong thread admin just move or delete it. 

@driz can definitely help you out on the PC Parts question.

Yeah, I definitely don't recommend buying the switch. I've heard and seen videos on a multitude of different problems people have been having with them. Plus, let's be honest you can do a lot more with a better PC than you could with any Nintendo product.

As far as getting a PC goes, it depends on your budget as far as deciding which chipset and parts you want.

As far as getting a Switch goes, it depends on how interested you are in the titles that are being released on it.

if you have a shit PC that cant run the latest games? upgrade PC

if you want a switch to play zelda + upcoming titles and travel a lot? theres your answer

40 minutes ago, King ET said:

I have hit the wall of whether to bite the bullet and buy the newest lga2011 v3 chipset for the DDR4 or just stay with AMD with DDR3 and save money. Also what motherboard and cpu should i get. i have looked at alot of options but it's best to get first hand reviews. 

Then theres option number 3 of getting the switch. What should i do?

Thanks for your time and consideration. once again if this is the wrong thread admin just move or delete it. 

I do not recommend getting the switch. I've read terrible articles and seem to many videos of the countless hardware issues with the device. Nintendo even responded to buyers about dead pixels on the screen being the buyers problem. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/06/nintendo-switch-dead-pixels-console 

Nintendo seems to not care about the consumer anymore.

I'd recommend looking into the ASUS brand motherboards. I've used mostly ASUS parts and they haven't let me down yet. Depending on your preference you could look into switching to intel cpu 5 or higher for gaming. I prefer intel but i know some people who prefer AMD. 

Just now, Reaper0470 said:

I do not recommend getting the switch. I've read terrible articles and seem to many videos of the countless hardware issues with the device. Nintendo even responded to buyers about dead pixels on the screen being the buyers problem. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/06/nintendo-switch-dead-pixels-console 

Nintendo seems to not care about the consumer anymore.

I'd recommend looking into the ASUS brand motherboards. I've used mostly ASUS parts and they haven't let me down yet. Depending on your preference you could look into switching to intel cpu 5 or higher for gaming. I prefer intel but i know some people who prefer AMD. 

I bought an asus mobo. Thats what i have now and i had to force feed the little S*** the drivers. however it was an fm1 socket mobo so it's old. ill look more into Intel. and thanks for posting link for the switch part.

Just now, King ET said:

I bought an asus mobo. Thats what i have now and i had to force feed the little S*** the drivers. however it was an fm1 socket mobo so it's old. ill look more into Intel. and thanks for posting link for the switch part.

Ya I have the Maximus V board and it was extremely easy to install drivers which I got like 4 years ago. I'm not sure what version they are on now but the gaming boards they have are really good IMO.