Sign in to follow this  
Swed

Warcraft 3 Balance Survey

Hey guys, I've been curious on how the community feels about server balance and we haven't done one of these in a while so I felt like doing an unofficial one myself. Feel free to fill out the responses with as much or little detail as you feel necessary. Remember this is just for myself so don't expect any changes based on what you submit. Please also avoid troll submissions as I really want to do some quantitative analysis on this.

Thanks!

Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/0rTIWGqj8yrdpFTh2

List of Races: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-acfX9lAfh1iUoOlSLqOXLC7KQj5ei8-okvTZBOkmJ0/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: If you feel you can't think of any of the required fields, put N/A. I'm also formulating a master list of races on the server to help you think if need be, stay tuned. You can resubmit your response later on by editing it when you revisit the link.

Also, if you can't think of races you believe are weak, list races you never see instead. Those races could possibly need a buff to become relevant again.

Edited by Swed

I already submitted mine but I forgot a QoL change and don't know how to edit my response, but the ruthless race that gets the one bullet scout that knocks up and entangles should get it's bullet back if it kills

Kind of a weak survey, but cool.

I can't really think of too many races that impact my playing one way or another.

It's also hard for me to separate certain players using a race from a race being strong.

Just now, LunaBadger said:

Kind of a weak survey, but cool.

I can't really think of too many races that impact my playing one way or another.

It's also hard for me to separate certain players using a race from a race being strong.

It's hard to write a comprehensive survey that also obtains a high number of responses. I felt the best way to get people to respond would be to provide a list alongside a relatively open ended survey. The sheer number of races alone makes it hard. If there's more interest I'll dedicate time to reworking it, but this feels like a good initial point.

@Junzou

What do you have against the flame bro?

*brings in gang*

Also not that I don't enjoy these surveys but really think the race list should have been in alphabetical order.

Edited by Trelvick

17 minutes ago, Trelvick said:

@Junzou

What do you have against the flame bro?

*brings in gang*

Also not that I don't enjoy these surveys but really think the race list should have been in alphabetical order.

If I'm being 100% -- it's underpowered.  Needs a buff to the damage the explosion does, and the radius

:^)

The race could also be re-worked instead of buffed... just make it have near-100% evasion, do no damage, disarm on hit, and give it superspeed and partial invis.

14 hours ago, Junzou said:

The race could also be re-worked instead of buffed... just make it have near-100% evasion, do no damage, disarm on hit, and give it superspeed and partial invis.

As someone who is number one on the server. I agree with that statement.

However the amount of people who would rage and demand it be changed back would be astronomical.

Gnat could legitimately make it on the server with a large rework, but keeping the same theme of the race. Of course, this could only happen with @centran's approval and some motivation