Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Groot

Making a game

I'm thinking of making a 3d platforms but I wanna make a story to go with it. Its going to be silly but so far all I have is a astronaut in deep space crashes on a alien planet and falls into a alien Planet that is under the control of a separate alien race bent on war and he must find his way through the planet and the alien cities and complete sorta quest from the locals to get items to overthrow the alien warlords that are oppressing the planet. I should also mention its a game based on choices so depending on your choices it can change the story. So the reason for this post is I have a good story in whole but I need kind of back stories for both quest and story so I can fill in the blanks. In having a brain fart for new things that could work. So I turn to you my friends in the sG community to help me build this game one block at a time and in the end I will give credit to all of you

Perhaps in the cities you must find and assist members of a resistance that's been fighting against the Aliens who wish for war. Maybe some quests could involve rescuing members of said resistance as well.

You should make it so that you can choose to either overthrow the alien overlords, or just collect parts for your spaceship from quests and resources so that you can be like "Fuck you alien cunts I am outta here".

For example have a quest where the alien overlords kidnapped the daughter of some idiot. And your objective is to resuce her and once you have resuced her you can decide to bring the daughter back to the alien and be the hero and earn "Reputation" for it or you exchange her on the black market for parts for your spaceship.

Once you have enough Reputation you will be able to take on the alien overlords.

And ofc you can buy better guns and so on in stores, you earn money while playing a level i.e. the faster you are the more you get and you find some money/ currency in crates while playing the level kind of like crash bandicot with his apples.

Have a quest be where an older townswoman needs you to go out and find her weird alien stick, that brings her good luck. And when you find it and bring it back, make an innuendo and have it be some weird tentacle alien dildo 

@Jodas I like it I was thinking about that As well I have just been blanking out on more missions that could push each story along weather it be good, bad or neutral. So I will add that to my branch board I am making to show the stories that are going to be.

@Bluestreakid15 I will use that as either like a quest string for an Easter egg of epic item.

@Lindsay I will try to find away to incorporate that maybe like the animals in metroid or sonic I'm I will see what I can do.

OH! what if you could find a secret place, have it either be part of a mission or an Easter egg, and it has clones in those glass cylinder things (Like, the things in dead space where theres people inside suspended by water and they're alive somehow) but the clones would look like powerful / well known Americans / people of Earth. That'd be creepy 

sounds cool, their will be quest rewards right? Make it so you get jetpacks from special quest were you can get secret items above building that spawn in random locations. Also how would you survive on the planet without food, water etc..

@MountainJew that would be good for like a main stories item to get across obstacles and a secret here an there. Its not a survival game like the forest or Minecraft its a 3d platformer so food and water won't really be a factor unless its a healing item.

On 3/2/2017 at 5:40 PM, Lindsay said:

Perhaps in the cities you must find and assist members of a resistance that's been fighting against the Aliens who wish for war. Maybe some quests could involve rescuing members of said resistance as well.

Does that not seem like a typical storyline?

Just now, Ozstrik3R said:

Does that not seem like a typical storyline?

Obviously he could change it around and add more interesting aspects to it to make it unique. Just an idea I suppose.

I mean u do need a strong base obviously it can change. But if u think about it most every type of media now a days are about the exact same weather it be movies or video games. You either have to get lucky and set a trend or kind of join the mainstream of ideas that is at the time. I'm always looking trying to predict (for a lack of a better word) what the next big thing is that is what it means to make artistic media such as video games.

I would say be careful with what you are doing in this thread because anyone can just come in here read your idea and the ideas being said as a way to help better your game, and then that person could go and make your game. 

Also I know that the idea is currently the most basic of basic skeletons but still it's more of a warning so that you won't go into any real details about anything you have. 

I got you Spartan and trust me I understand oh to well how it is with forums ideas and the risks. Like u said it is the barest of bones right now as far as stories go I have thought of some good plot twists in my own I was more looking for ideas for either side stories or game mechanics.