1. 1. Gather Rate

2. 2. Mini-Map

• Yeah, keep it.
    • No, get rid of it.
  3. 3. Map Seed Type

4. 4. Boosted Loot?

• Nah, go back to vanilla loot spawns
    • Yeah, gimme the fat juicy loots

Okay, lots of suggestions brought me to the conclusion that I need a fresh idea of what is wanted for different variables on the Rust server. Couple things to vote on here, and we can revisit other variables if you see something missing. 

Edited by Karma

well gather and loot are kind of tied together unless you want to try and make the server more build friendly as in harder to raid (since you need components) or more raid friendly.

Right now I think it needs to be toned down. A better question might just be do people want levels so they get a little boost for playing more. I like the idea of ZLevels but think we should drop them for a wipe or two and just concentrate on the gather rate. Then use that as the basis for our "max" and add zlevels back and adjust the gather rate and zlevels so when maxed out you would hit the magic gather rate number we come up with.

I think lowering the amount of loot found in barrels and crates would be cool. If this happened, you wouldn't see people running around in full armor and an AK in the first hour of the wipe.

Make it so you're not allowed to get Rifle bodies within the first day or 2nd day of wipe inside barrels and chests would be cool unless you make the trip to go to rad towns. Also ZLevels is a little too much especially if all you do is grind nodes for hours. Sure, you should be rewarded, but a cap or make the progression from level to level take long than right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

For anyone (like me) that questioned the different map types: http://rust.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Maps

I'd advise a final vote between the top 2 options for #1 and #3.

I'd want to see the heli be more difficult to take down -- is it possible to increase how often it uses napalm, rather than just upping bullet damage/HP?

2 hours ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

Make it so you're not allowed to get Rifle bodies within the first day or 2nd day of wipe inside barrels and chests would be cool unless you make the trip to go to rad towns. Also ZLevels is a little too much especially if all you do is grind nodes for hours. Sure, you should be rewarded, but a cap or make the progression from level to level take long than right now

Not going to stop people from getting rifle bodies on day one. First because I'd have to keep 2 configs and rotate them, which is less than ideal. Secondly, no. Just no. That's super care-bear and I'm not doing it.  

I agree z-levels is a bit much, which is why the vote includes gather rates with and without zlevels.

44 minutes ago, Junzou said:

For anyone (like me) that questioned the different map types: http://rust.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Maps

I'd advise a final vote between the top 2 options for #1 and #3.

I'd want to see the heli be more difficult to take down -- is it possible to increase how often it uses napalm, rather than just upping bullet damage/HP?

If a vote is really close, I'll probably revisit them. Probably going to wrap this poll up around 9:30-10pm  EST to allow voting time before tomorrow (wipe hype) so I can implement the changes needed while at work tomorrow. 

With or without plugins, there isn't currently a way to decrease the napalm cool-down without writing a plugin for it and to be honest, it wouldn't be a big enough difference to do all that.   

3 hours ago, Zip said:

I think lowering the amount of loot found in barrels and crates would be cool. If this happened, you wouldn't see people running around in full armor and an AK in the first hour of the wipe.

One of the options above is to go back to vanilla loot spawns. Vote for it :D... Looks like you said to reduce loot in your comment but: db81fbab10ec4c7abaeae3f8fcb94690.png

Edited by Karma

22 minutes ago, Karma said:

If a vote is really close, I'll probably revisit them. Probably going to wrap this poll up around 9:30-10pm  EST to allow voting time before tomorrow (wipe hype) so I can implement the changes needed while at work tomorrow. 

With or without plugins, there isn't currently a way to decrease the napalm cool-down without writing a plugin for it and to be honest, it wouldn't be a big enough difference to do all that.  

Why not just implement changes next week?  The poll has been posted for less than 12 hours...

3 minutes ago, Junzou said:

Why not just implement changes next week?  The poll has been posted for less than 12 hours...

I'm implementing the changes tomorrow. I can leave the polls up and if numbers change drastically I can change them once more for the following week, but this does take effect for this week's wipe. As far as the why, that conversation won't help you with not liking it, so gonna skip it. 

One of the options above is to go back to vanilla loot spawns. Vote for it ... Looks like you said to reduce loot in your comment but: db81fbab10ec4c7abaeae3f8fcb94690.png

If anything, I feel like it's the opposite of care bear since you're forcing people to hit up Monuments and using lower-tier weapons instead of making it EASIER for them to get fat loot. I mean, I'm all for AKs and Bolts day 1 since I can also get them, but I would also like for some PvP actions with Semis and SMGs since anyone that knows me knows that I'm an actual god with an SMG. Wait, there's a vote for this stuff? I'm on mobile so I can't really see

11 hours ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

My dude, trust me, stop using Tapatalk. You miss out on a quite a bit when you use the app.

I just use the site now. It's mobile version is really easy to use now. 

http://www.joinsg.net/forums/topic/74860-rust-changes/

UPDATE:

We've gathered enough votes to see a clear split between preferences for 1x and 3x gather. I'll create a new poll for this week to further explore all of these variables, but in the meantime the tie needs to be broken pre-wipe and so I will need to go with a gather rate for this week. I'm going to remove Z-Levels and go with 3x gather until we can get a more clear idea of what is wanted going forward. Looks like the majority does want to keep the minimap, and also see varying types of maps from wipe to wipe. The preference for loot spawns in crates and barrels seems to lean just slightly toward the boosted loot we have now.

In Summary:

For this wipe we will go to 3x gather without Zlevels, keep the minimap, we'll have a random map type, and loot will stay the same. 

New vote will be created for this week to further narrow down what is wanted. 

Thank you for the suggestions and votes! 

@Karma you didn't have an option for boosted loot but toned down. I think it is a little too high. If the gather rate is increased we need to increase loot as well or the server becomes more base friendly then raid and you will basically need to be in a huge group to raid as you need the components.

I think the gather/zlevels might be 2x and then add z-levels that at max would equate to 3x gather. @Junzou we don't have to wait for more people to vote as 1.) looks like we had most of sG regulars vote already and 2.) This will not be final. Things will still need to be tweaked so we should put it in this wipe so we can start figuring out the fine tuning for next wipe.

As for the minimap.... Are the NO votes using the rust.io webpage map? Do the NO voters have a second monitor? The mini-map was put in for those poor folks who don't have the benefit of a second monitor. I added Lustymap. I don't need it. I have a second monitor. I heard complaints of people who don't have second monitor with not wanting to tab out. The mini map was for those folks. 

We might have to remove it anyway. The plugin requires an API and the map generation site keeps revoking our key. They apparently have a grudge against Rust.io and revoke servers that use that plugin.

The mini map is awesome for us poor fucks whose PC can't handle alt-tabbing out of the game or else it will crash on them.

Keep the mini map.

Edited by Travesty

51 minutes ago, centran said:

@Junzou we don't have to wait for more people to vote as 1.) looks like we had most of sG regulars vote already and 2.) This will not be final. Things will still need to be tweaked so we should put it in this wipe so we can start figuring out the fine tuning for next wipe.

Thanks for clarifying! I appreciate that you took the time (15 secs?) to explain your thinking, and for clarifying that these results will be tweaked in the next wipe, rather than after a month or two like previous changes. I know you didn't need to explain yourself, and I appreciate that you weren't a condescending dick about it. 

10 minutes ago, Junzou said:

Thanks for clarifying! I appreciate that you took the time (15 secs?) to explain your thinking, and for clarifying that these results will be tweaked in the next wipe, rather than after a month or two like previous changes. I know you didn't need to explain yourself, and I appreciate that you weren't a condescending dick about it. 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Junzou said:

I'm guessing you are talking about karma's post. Was it this line? """As far as the why, that conversation won't help you with not liking it, so gonna skip it. """

I don't see that as dickish. She is right. Whenever anyone makes a change to anything people going to bitch. So no point talking about it if some won't like it. Especially when it is something that needs to be tuned and we don't really have a development environments, QA testers, and Beta tester program. lol. we gotta do this shit LIVE! SCREW IT! DOING IT LIVE

8 minutes ago, centran said:

I'm guessing you are talking about karma's post. Was it this line? """As far as the why, that conversation won't help you with not liking it, so gonna skip it. """

I don't see that as dickish. She is right. Whenever anyone makes a change to anything people going to bitch. So no point talking about it if some won't like it. Especially when it is something that needs to be tuned and we don't really have a development environments, QA testers, and Beta tester program. lol. we gotta do this shit LIVE! SCREW IT! DOING IT LIVE

I asked why the poll was only open for 12 hours -- it wasn't a comment on the change, it was a question on the very small window for feedback, and the necessity for rushing out any changes. Karma gets triggered whenever someone questions her though, so she got pissy instead of just answering that there would be more tweaks next week after additional feedback (which makes sense), and assumed that I have an irrational hatred towards change that won't be influenced by any additional information.

Edited by Junzou

4 minutes ago, Junzou said:

I asked why the poll was only open for 12 hours -- it wasn't a comment on the change, it was a question on the very small window for feedback, and the necessity for rushing out any changes. Karma gets triggered whenever someone questions her though, so she got pissy instead of just answering that there would be more tweaks next week after additional feedback (which makes sense).

I wasn't pissy at all, I'm surprised you got so upset, and a little confused tbh, but hey- to each his own. 

6 minutes ago, Karma said:

I wasn't pissy at all, I'm surprised you got so upset, and a little confused tbh, but hey- to each his own. 

You're surprised I called you condescending because you gave a condescending answer to a question? 

Huh.

Still wondering why I declined to enter this conversation in the first place? lol

Edited to add: I am closing this thread. It was for voting purposes, not whatever this has become :rolleyes:

Edited by Karma