Sign in to follow this  
Ice

Command to Swap to CT (Zombie Escape)

Because of the recent change that disabled the !spec command on the Zombie Escape server "due to abuse" (which I assume meant using it to get a better spawn during freeze time as well as swap immediately to zombie to point farm), people that spawn on the terrorist team before the zombies are selected are now always pushed back on some maps by a teleport or trigger_push that is meant to stop zombies at the beginning (You used to be able to avoid this by using the !spec command, then joining CT, since you can't straight up join CT while on the terrorist team). Because of the removal of the only way to avoid this, short of an admin swapping you to CT at the beginning (which they can forget about or feel isn't necessary for them to bother swapping everyone), it would be incredibly helpful if one of the following changes or implementations was added to the server:

• Players get a command like !ct (or something similar) which would be the following:
    • Swap your team to CT before the zombies are selected (so only usable in, say, the first 10 seconds of a round) (If already CT, fails to swap team so you don't swap to T).
    • Keeps your location (iow. doesn't TP you to a new spawn so as to prevent the abuse !spec allowed).
    • Is available to all players so it can be used if an admin or community member forgets to swap terrorists.
  • All players just spawned as CT before zombies are selected.
    • This change would also prevent people from picking up powerups intended for zombies that can only be picked up if you are a terrorist, such as the knife power-ups at the beginning of the sandstorm map.
  • If the above suggestion is impossible due to CS:GO ending rounds early due to no one being on T, all but one or two players spawn as CT and those one or two players are just unlucky.
    • This would also stop most people from grabbing Zombie powerups, like the previous suggestion, and we can just hope the few people that are T don't grab them.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement a change or addition such as this, but it would be helpful for a few maps that have poorly designed beginnings.

Also rip watermelon pet, you need to !spec then join another team for it to appear. Without the command rip melon pet. ALSO !spectate is a command, it only lets you spectate and you cant join the team immediatley. It takes a while to spawn you in.

Edited by FreeLancer

I fail to see whats so negative about being a T except the zombie powerups

Edited by Don Juan
Just realized I kinda necroed MB

10 hours ago, Don Juan said:

I fail to see whats so negative about being a T except the zombie powerups

On certain maps, if you spawn as a terrorist, you get a clear disadvantage. Take mako for example, one of our most played maps according to gametracker. When the doors to the trains open at the mako spawn, anyone that spawned as a terrorist is teleported to the very back where as CTs stay where they are. This makes it far harder for someone that spawned as a terrorist to get a human powerup since it is first come, first serve (The same sort thing happened on the old shroomforest2, but the new version we got this week fixed that). Also, since this TP happens close to the time when zombies spawn, it makes it easier for the zombies to stab the people that started as terrorists because the terrorists don't get the advantage intended for humans. There are a few other maps that do similar effects at the start, but because I don't feel like describing each and every one, I just used our 2nd most played map as the example.

Edited by _Ice_

10 minutes ago, _Ice_ said:

On certain maps, if you spawn as a terrorist, you get a clear disadvantage. Take mako for example, one of our most played maps according to gametracker. When the doors to the trains open at the mako spawn, anyone that spawned as a terrorist is teleported to the very back where CTs stay where they are. This makes it far harder for someone that spawned as a terrorist to get a human powerup since it is first come, first serve (The same sort thing happened on the old shroomforest2, but the new version we got this week fixed that). Also, since this TP happens close to the time when zombies spawn, it makes it easier for the zombies to stab the people that started as terrorists because the terrorists don't get the advantage intended for humans. There are a few other maps that do this, but because I don't feel like describing each and every one, I just used our 2nd most played map as the example.

Is it possible to make it so that the lowest ranked players by points be terrorists then :V