Sign in to follow this  
gemma

respawn race scroll restriction

so if someone is playing a respawn race, but then switch after all respawns and buy a scroll isn't that just loopholing the restriction and defeating its purpose?

Edited by Savage Princess Little One

Personally, I don't mind if people do this. I think that if you are willing to spend the money just to win the round, you should be free to do so. I believe forcing you to change race is enough added cost to pull this off. Changing race can really throw off team dynamic that may or may not exist and end up not being worth the race change. I want to make it clear that being able to purchase an extra respawn on races that have an ability to self-respawn doesn't make it inherantly powerful. Just because they already have the ability to respawn is enough of a reason to restrict the purchase of it in the first place. Also i want to convey that the idea behind this is not as cut-and-dry to be applied to all items. 

Edited by skitt

Buying a Scroll of Respawn should never have restrictions simply because there is no such thing as infinite respawns.

Eventually, your race will either run out of respawns or you will run out of money. If you're skilled enough, having many respawns will be more rewarding while dying in spawn several times will just serve to humiliate you.

10 hours ago, Face said:

Id say yes. That is fixable but it'd take more time to fix than you'd probably imagine

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

yeah it seems really complicated but i figured better to just put it out there

9 hours ago, skitt said:

Personally, I don't mind if people do this. I think that if you are willing to spend the money just to win the round, you should be free to do so. I believe forcing you to change race is enough added cost to pull this off. Changing race can really throw off team dynamic that may or may not exist and end up not being worth the race change. I want to make it clear that being able to purchase an extra respawn on races that have an ability to self-respawn doesn't make it inherantly powerful. Just because they already have the ability to respawn is enough of a reason to restrict the purchase of it in the first place. Also i want to convey that the idea behind this is not as cut-and-dry to be applied to all items. 

okay but let's say ghoul, confag, thorgot and i are all on the same team as orc. we're probably gonna get at least a few extra respawns from the expertise on top of the ones we already get. then we could just switch to magnus or some shit and buy back and res more people. and once the round ends you can just switch back to orc so it doesnt fuck your team up. it's a "what if" scenario but like there are actual times where it's a problem

5 minutes ago, Savage Princess Little One said:

then we could just switch to magnus or some shit and buy back and res more people

Respawn races should not be able to respawn unless you started the round as that race. This includes things like Magnus, White Mage, Orc, etc.

If you notice cases of this, it is a bug and should be reported and fixed.

Eh, it's hardly an issue.

I think it was two nights ago on Icewerk and Dolls, I kept shooting the other team and they still were all alive! It was ludicrous! I didn't know what to do.

I ended up just memeing back at them. Y'know. The server is a meme, so you just gotta meme harder than them.

I don't think respawning is a big problem. I think that the idea of it is meant to be salty or trolly to begin with, and that's part of the fun.

It already costs 10k to buy a respawn.

If someone wants to add 1 more kill to my scorecard, let them :D.

(I do agree that it could be seen as loopholing if a bug exists like stated above)

Edited by ESDaman