Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlboHolicc

Bullying, Racism and Griefing on War3

Hello guys! 

I wanted to start a conversation about this thing, it has been bothering me from the beginning.

There are alot of players just being just assholes to each other, being racist with the excuse of "Jews not being a race"

and oh god if there is a kid playing on the server, he has pretty much sealed his faith when clicking the join button.

I just wanted to ask all of you, what do you guys think about these things?

There are alot of admins doint these things and giving the example that you can be an asshole/bully/racist etc.. without any consecuences.

46 minutes ago, AlboHolicc said:

Hello guys! 

I wanted to start a conversation about this thing, it has been bothering me from the beginning.

There are alot of players just being just assholes to each other, being racist with the excuse of "Jews not being a race"

and oh god if there is a kid playing on the server, he has pretty much sealed his faith when clicking the join button.

I just wanted to ask all of you, what do you guys think about these things?

There are alot of admins doint these things and giving the example that you can be an asshole/bully/racist etc.. without any consecuences.

Jew's are not a race, if anything they are a member of a religion or faction. As you'll see Cman say, it's not racist it is however still unacceptable.

Everyone is an asshole to everyone on war3, thats part of what the community is, especially when it comes to war3. We're all just a bunch of faggots shooting guns at each other and yelling when we die. 

When a kid joins the server, he does tend to be the target if he acts like an idiot or talks a lot on the mic, this mainly derives from our old "no balls no mic" rule and how much the war3/wcs1 and wcs2 community loved that rule. Is it something that should be happening? No. But it's also not easy to punish large amount of players at once.

In general, being an asshole isn't against the rules, if someone pushes it and someone feels generally upset they can say something and the person attacking them will more than likely be warned or muted for taking it to far. However generally, people don't really care as that's what war3 has become.

p.s. fuck you marzu.

Discriminating against Jews is not at all racist ( its is actually antisemitism) . I am not justifying the hatred of them at all but Its a religion. While religion may be associated with race, they are completely different things. One is what you believe in and follow, while the other one simply is your skin tone/physical features. Kids who join war3 typically tend to yell in their mic asking wtf this is and complain about dumb shit. Then we have the adults who act like kids. But hey its the internet its not going to be perfect. Think the server voice chat is being aids? Voice_enable 0. I do that all the time if I just wanna chill and play war3. You gotta also remember most people on war3 get along and normally troll each other knowing that neither one of them in the end really cares and just wants to have fun. When this gets out of hand its rather obvious for an admin to know when its gone to far or its just "bullying". TLDR: Jews arent a race and its the internet. Edit: why is this in the CD? No evidence of such things happen have been posted at all.

13 minutes ago, Cman said:

Discriminating against Jews is not at all racist ( its is actually antisemitism) . I am not justifying the hatred of them at all but Its a religion. While religion may be associated with race, they are completely different things. One is what you believe in and follow, while the other one simply is your skin tone/physical features. Kids who join war3 typically tend to yell in their mic asking wtf this is and complain about dumb shit. Then we have the adults who act like kids. But hey its the internet its not going to be perfect. Think the server voice chat is being aids? Voice_enable 0. I do that all the time if I just wanna chill and play war3. You gotta also remember most people on war3 get along and normally troll each other knowing that neither one of them in the end really cares and just wants to have fun. When this gets out of hand its rather obvious for an admin to know when its gone to far or its just "bullying". TLDR: Jews arent a race and its the internet. Edit: why is this in the CD? No evidence of such things happen have been posted at all.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place.

Like you said "Adults who act like kids" 
The normal war3 bullshit and playing with eachother is normal and acceptable as long as everyone agrees to that, but really, allowing people to ruin others fun is not normal anymore

I'm Arab.

People joke about me being a terrorist. Big fucking deal. Thicker skin is a necessity when playing with strangers. If that's gonna get you down at the end of the day, that's a personal problem. However, if someone is disrupting the server and causing the atmosphere of the many, rather than the one, to diminish, then that's when admins step in.

TLDR, shut up about race or religion and play the goddamn game

3 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

TLDR, shut up about race or religion and play the goddamn game

It's easy to feel like you're being bullied when nobody is defending you. For a few weeks on WCS, Grincch and someone else I can't remember were harassing me pretty frequently about being Jewish. At a certain point I realized that the fun I was having by playing was not worth the negative of having people harass me, so I stopped playing WCS entirely. The next time I played it was when I discovered there was a half-finished version for CSGO and started working on it myself.

When the excuse for bullying someone is "technically Judaism isn't a race" that's bullshit. It's still bullying, which is against the rules.

3 minutes ago, thorgot said:

It's easy to feel like you're being bullied when nobody is defending you. For a few weeks on WCS, Grincch and someone else I can't remember were harassing me pretty frequently about being Jewish. At a certain point I realized that the fun I was having by playing was not worth the negative of having people harass me, so I stopped playing WCS entirely. The next time I played it was when I discovered there was a half-finished version for CSGO and started working on it myself.

When the excuse for bullying someone is "technically Judaism isn't a race" that's bullshit. It's still bullying, which is against the rules.

Personally Ive never seen someone else make fun of another player on the server about being jewish. People will crack jokes about jews from time to time and thats about it, but never have I seen said jokes be directed to certain players on war3.

21 minutes ago, Cman said:

Personally Ive never seen someone else make fun of another player on the server about being jewish. People will crack jokes about jews from time to time and thats about it, but never have I seen said jokes be directed to certain players on war3.

Ho-oh, I remember when Grincch and party were doing that.  I believe that was the period of time when the shit-talking against Jews was being debated.

After a while, IMO, I just turn my sound off and tune out.

Whenever I see people talk shit against Jews, it's only for a round or three.  It's not very long.  It'll start, then quickly degrade into a debate about whether it's a race or not.  I agree with @thorgot that it is still bullying.  Perhaps it needs to be stated blatantly in the rules more?

I don't know, just spit balling here.

15 minutes ago, Cman said:

i've seen this happen but no more than the normal joke cracking going on about everything.

its pretty mutch  just one of those things , if it does go too far (witch it rarely does by my standards ) people will tend to jump in .

its a shitty situation sometimes but if you're gonna start restricting people on flinging shit at eachother about all kinds of things you're gonna end up losing some of the "pub" feel we have on the server .

58 minutes ago, Cman said:

I am not justifying the hatred of them at all but Its a religion. 

I think this has been all blown out of portion as lately the server has been less toxic than say 6 months ago, and I think a major factor in that has been @Ghoul no longer being blatantly racist and actually being a constructive voice on the server, which has been awesome. You will always have people who create issues but for 99% of the shit talking on war3 its between friends who are just pulling each other's leg.  Thank you to whoever moved this to spam.

While I wouldnt say "Judism" is a race, bullying in bulling. We have rules to prevent this.. If you can record a demo and throw their ass in the Complaint Department

You can reference rules:

1H

H. Trolling - Trolling is defined as making a post or thread in order to provoke an angry reaction from a member/ group of members/ everyone. While some find this amusing, it is not allowed. Everyone has a little troll in them, and staff recognizes that, but as stated earlier, if you break the rules frequently, you will be punished more frequently and more harshly.

1O

O. Bullying / Cyber Bullying - Harassing someone with the intent to make them leave the community, or organizing groups to do the like, will not be tolerated.  Members are encouraged to report bullying and other harassment, and to stay clear of any groups encouraging it.

This comes from our Global Guidelines.

3 hours ago, thorgot said:

That's exactly when action should be taken. If bullying, racism, or discrimination stops being in jest and becomes offensive and ruins the fun for players, then by all means, ban them. We don't need that trash here. They can find other servers to take that attitude with them. 

If you're saying admins are being bullies, make a recording and report them; they clearly need to check their priv. Most likely scenario is that they will get a warning and not an immediate removal of their admin privilege (not saying this won't happen cough cough name that rhymes with "Med"). As for squeakers, they shouldn't really be playing CSGO, but I'm not the one to stop them. Point is, we can't do anything without concrete proof. 

50 minutes ago, VEGEMITEKILLER said:

If you're saying admins are being bullies, make a recording and report them; they clearly need to check their priv. Most likely scenario is that they will get a warning and not an immediate removal of their admin privilege (not saying this won't happen cough cough name that rhymes with "Med"). As for squeakers, they shouldn't really be playing CSGO, but I'm not the one to stop them. Point is, we can't do anything without concrete proof. 

You wanna fucking fight m8

1 hour ago, VEGEMITEKILLER said:

Most likely scenario is that they will get a warning and not an immediate removal of their admin privilege (not saying this won't happen cough cough name that rhymes with "Med").

16 minutes ago, Swed said:

You wanna fucking fight m8

Woah. I meant someone who's name rhymes with "Med" and starts with the letter "Z". ;.;