Sign in to follow this  
Eaglewonj

A letter to the community

Guest Fohacidal
Why he takes a semi-leadership position seriously? I think that answers itself.

Advisor? Again I talked to him about it, your starting an argument for no reason because your not defending anyone.

Advisor? Again I talked to him about it, your starting an argument for no reason because your not defending anyone.

Last I checked Advisor is above your rank in the clan.

An argument has to be about defending someone? Jesus you have a lot of failed arguments then.

Last I checked Advisor is above your rank in the clan.

An argument has to be about defending someone? Jesus you have a lot of failed arguments then.

Guys don’t fight over this shit. It’s done; Advisor really isn’t above anyone’s ranking. You do not have anymore say or power. The only thing you can do is vote yes for someone to become a clan member. I'm good on that; it’s like being invited to play for the Red Socks, only to be a towel boy ;(

Junzou please don't act like you know what you're talking about, I don't think I have ever seen you on WCS.

It was being ignored. People thought a new host would work, but P2 didn't listen at furst, despite the fact he has the funds purchase another server.

P2 is the LEADER, therefore he should pay attention to all his servers. I can understand Eagle not paying attention to WCS and Bios not paying attention to ZM, but P2 is the leader in charge of everything.

Did you miss the post where Bios' response was basically to highlight what Eagle and I said? P2 does do a lot of things universally, but to expect ANYONE to micromanage ALL of the servers is unequivocally stupid; it's much more efficient to have different people managing different sections of an operation. We are right, accept it, appreciate what P2 does instead of bitching about it, and move on.

Did you miss the post where Bios' response was basically to highlight what Eagle and I said? P2 does do a lot of things universally, but to expect ANYONE to micromanage ALL of the servers is unequivocally stupid; it's much more efficient to have different people managing different sections of an operation. We are right, accept it, appreciate what P2 does instead of bitching about it, and move on.

Lol but the thing is BIOS is the ONLY one that plays/runs the WCS server. With Waylon and myself gone, who’s left to tend the WCS server? Bios? He’s trying to fix this server. Sorry that this clan is very one sided, everyone left in the JCS/Advisor are new members (in my eyes) that came from the zombie server. I hope that server explodes and kills all the babies around the world, maybe then WCS/Bios can get some help. Maybe if the WCS server had 3-4 people work on it like the zombie server we wouldn't be having this problem.

We should also point out that some features of zombie and parts of its stability are due to audio's coding.

Lol but the thing is BIOS is the ONLY one that plays/runs the WCS server. With Waylon and myself gone, who’s left to tend the WCS server? Bios? He’s trying to fix this server. Sorry that this clan is very one sided, everyone left in the JCS/Advisor are new members (in my eyes) that came from the zombie server. I hope that server explodes and kills all the babies around the world, maybe then WCS/Bios can get some help. Maybe if the WCS server had 3-4 people work on it like the zombie server we wouldn't be having this problem.

People aren't hired to work on the zombie server, they choose to. WCS has a massive pile of admins. Get your asses out there, get on the fourms, the listservers, google. Help find solutions to the problems rather than bitching and hoping someone else fixes them. Some of what we do for the zombie server benefits the other servers. We found a solution to the Dos like attacks we were getting on zombie. We worked with a lead developer at valve and a listserver full of talented individuals to get a solution to block that exploit.

Now, that solution has been applied to all our servers, and thanks to our hard work, Valve put it into a steam update so all CSS servers can benefit.

Letting us know it crashed is one thing. We need to know details. We need to know what was going on, what map, how many people, any interesting events. Mic spam, chat spam, admin abuse, noclip, music, anything. We need details to trace this down.

We need people to find solutions. If you love the server, find the solution, don't be another one just crying about the problem. Get on some forums, find what works and what doesn't. That's what happens with zombie. Its easy for P2 to fix the problem when we know what it is. Its hard when no one helps find a solution. That leaves Bios and P2 to try to decode and fix bugs with a mod that is both extremely buggy and complicated and... not ours to change. Get on the deveoper's forum. Do bug reports, give us the info we need to fix things.

Anyone that plays on ZM knows i spend half my time in spec. I find the glitches, I see what happens when crashes and lag spikes occur. Waylon left, which means WCS is down 1 on its staff of bug reporters. That means you guys have even less time to lament his loss and need to spend more time filling his shoes. Bios can't be there all the time either, he has a life, he needs help with this.

We can't fix it if we don't know what's broken. All of you that want something to do, help us find out what's broken by logging the events on the server at the time of the crash as well as how many people there were. Then, post it for us to try to make something out of. It doesn't end there, get out there and find solutions. People post all sorts of crap on the internet, somewhere someone may have something that works better. If you can provide this solution and evidence of its effectiveness to P2, it is more likely to get implemented.

ZM is a CPU hog and server dependent, Surf...oddly seems to be the cleanest running mod we have, Office and Dust are no brainers. Gungame is tuned pretty well also. WCS is very buggy and very complicated. ZM can be fixed with a powerful and uncrowded server and some scripts to improve the use of the CPU. WCS has not seen the same benefits from the same solutions. The lack of staff working on this is not because of the leadership, it is because no one has stepped up to fill the vacant shoes.

Complain less, find solutions more.

We should also point out that some features of zombie and parts of its stability are due to audio's coding.

Of course, but I thought that was a given. It's stupid that we're even having to lay this out, people tell me I don't know "how things work around here," but I obviously have a better grasp of it then the people bitching.

It seems WCS is in need of a troubeshooting and thinktank team.

When I get home I am going to upload what we are currently running on WCS. Everyone can then see what goes on and see if they can fix it. Until then my last other option is revert back to default EVERYTHING. We prolly can run it pretty stable with no added races. I might just try that. Then when it crashes, you guys can understand that it's not so simple to fix a fundamentally flawed mod.

Guys don’t fight over this shit. It’s done; Advisor really isn’t above anyone’s ranking. You do not have anymore say or power. The only thing you can do is vote yes for someone to become a clan member. I'm good on that; it’s like being invited to play for the Red Socks, only to be a towel boy ;(

Except that you were also allowed to recruit, expected to report problem threads on the forum and had more authority to recommend a clan member's removal.

I have to disagree with that. Sure the only power in the plain sence of the word we have, is to recruit and vote. But we also discuss and put our input in on big decisions and stuff we have planned for the summer. I guess you didnt check the advisor forums to know that.

When I get home I am going to upload what we are currently running on WCS. Everyone can then see what goes on and see if they can fix it. Until then my last other option is revert back to default EVERYTHING. We prolly can run it pretty stable with no added races. I might just try that. Then when it crashes, you guys can understand that it's not so simple to fix a fundamentally flawed mod.

Exactly Bios, Let them see all and see what they come up with.

Until a REAL leader takes over this clan nothing will ever change. It will always be the bare minimum, just enough to make most of the clan somewhat happy. A 16 year old should not be over hundreds of dollars a month. I bet only half makes it to the clan/server just so no one will bitch about it. Think about what you would do with 400 dollars a month, at the age of 16? Bios is the only one that does ANYTHING for the WCS server, I have tried to help and have lost interest. Nothing is appreciated; the main point of advisor/Jcs is to be P2's bitch with no reward. They just now are receiving basic admin (Pfffff congrats). Have fun guys, it's been real.

P.S And why did my leaving topic get closed? I've been in this clan a year and done all I could to make it somewhat better (which is impossible with the "powers" I received). So after a year I get about 10 posts and its closed. That's what they do guys, take every dime/energy you have then when you are sick of it and figure everything out they just close your topic and move on like nothing ever happened, then stain your name and make you look like the bad guy. Fuck that shit.

Quit bitchin' and go fishin.

P2 may not be the best leader- I'll freely admit I've seen better. But you know what else I know? People who bitch and don't actually try to help change anything make WORSE leaders.

Since there seems to be so many leaders posting in this topic I feel it prudent to inquire why I was suspended for 3 days again?

??? Not sure...hopefully someone knows.

I'm not upset or anything, I just have no idea why I got it. Probably for some made up reason if one is even given.

Quit bitchin' and go fishin.

P2 may not be the best leader- I'll freely admit I've seen better. But you know what else I know? People who bitch and don't actually try to help change anything make WORSE leaders.

FYI, Time did try and help change things.

FYI, Time did try and help change things.

It wasn't directed at Time, mainly. Just saying that all the moaning doesn't help anyone- just gets on people's nerves. If it sounded like it was directed at him, that wasn't my intent.

I'm hoping most of you didn't join a clan just to receive powers. Joining a clan is about much more than that. It's about the personalities that shape it and the people who's actions help to maintain it. The mere fact that some of you left as a result of a lack of "power" is completely foolish. I never had the intent of joining this clan merely to become admin. I want to join this clan because not only does it seem like a great community (when drama isn't at an all time high) but it has potential when the members of it aren't dying for power. I'd be happy to even call myself a UV member regardless of what power I had. But than again, I'm more Epicurean in the sense that no matter what achievements I receive or whatnot, I'll find a way to be happy. What everyone really needs to do is get together and truly discuss where this clan is going and learn from its mistakes.

I have been here all of 2 or 3 weeks and already I see both ups and downs to the net beneficiary results of being a member of this clan. Likewise, I could be talking out of my ass completely. I haven't been here nearly long enough to understand all that has brought us here today. In my opinion, power should be the last thing on your mind, for it breeds nothing but more evil intent when placed in the wrong hands.

I have to agree with Eagle completely on this one, and in no way am I kissing his ass. I simply agree that power should be left with those who are mature enough to handle it, and dished out accordingly to members who deserve it.

But like I said, I could be talking out of my ass...

-Wookie

I'm hoping most of you didn't join a clan just to receive powers. Joining a clan is about much more than that. It's about the personalities that shape it and the people who's actions help to maintain it. The mere fact that some of you left as a result of a lack of "power" is completely foolish. I never had the intent of joining this clan merely to become admin. I want to join this clan because not only does it seem like a great community (when drama isn't at an all time high) but it has potential when the members of it aren't dying for power. I'd be happy to even call myself a UV member regardless of what power I had. But than again, I'm more Epicurean in the sense that no matter what achievements I receive or whatnot, I'll find a way to be happy. What everyone really needs to do is get together and truly discuss where this clan is going and learn from its mistakes.

I have been here all of 2 or 3 weeks and already I see both ups and downs to the net beneficiary results of being a member of this clan. Likewise, I could be talking out of my ass completely. I haven't been here nearly long enough to understand all that has brought us here today. In my opinion, power should be the last thing on your mind, for it breeds nothing but more evil intent when placed in the wrong hands.

I have to agree with Eagle completely on this one, and in no way am I kissing his ass. I simply agree that power should be left with those who are mature enough to handle it, and dished out accordingly to members who deserve it.

But like I said, I could be talking out of my ass...

-Wookie

I'd say you hit the mark.

The thing here is though, that everyone wants power to conform the clan to what they think it should be, not just power for power's sake.