Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiderpigrider

Inbreeds?

Hey, so I wasn't sure about this... I have two dobermans... and they are from 2 separate litters, but from the same dogs. The female is older by 1 year. About 2 months ago, they happened to breed when I was in school. Is there going to be a problem with the pups being inbreds. Can I get your opinions  on this....

When you say "the same dog" do you just mean the same breed? Because if they are not from the same litter, they are not related to each other and shouldn't have any complicstions. 

12 minutes ago, Yunki said:

When you say "the same dog" do you just mean the same breed? Because if they are not from the same litter, they are not related to each other and shouldn't have any complicstions. 

So they come from the same female and male, but are in 2 different litters.

3 minutes ago, spiderpigrider said:

So they come from the same female and male, but are in 2 different litters.

OHHHHHHH 

I'm not an expert, but IIRC inbreeding with dogs is not as serious as it is with humans and is common for breeders to do. While there can be defectives and various genetic disorders that become more common once you inbreed, it is not a sure-thing. I would talk to your vet and see what they say though.

From the same mom and dad seems to me to be a little to close in relation even for dogs, IMHO I would get the litter aborted for the pups own good.