Sign in to follow this  
Ironic

(Spoilers) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Opinions)

42 minutes ago, Nugnug said:

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

Darth Vader dies.

wrong movie thats toy story smh

Edited by Zip

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

Spoiler

I love that one of Disney's first moves with the series is to close up the tiny loophole where the big bad evil weapon Deathstar is destroyed super easily  -- and they do it in a way that shows while it was a simple task, a lot of people were sacrificed in order to get the intel for it to happen. Props to them for a neat and original story. I also agree with character development being fast and that also being necessary but shit, one of my favorite characters was the force sensitive asian dude and I had to google the movie to find out his name. I know his name was said once or twice but I don't think the other asian dude or the defecting pilot's names were ever spoken. P sure I need new panties after seeing that lightsaber unsheathe though.

Edited by Rootbeer

On 12/19/2016 at 1:31 AM, Wave said:

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

The beginning of the movie was too fucking jumpy, in the span of 10 mins we go to 4 different places with 0 explanation of what's going on or how they ended up there. 

Why was jin in a jail cell? Why did we need to see Vader in his little vat tube? DID THE MONK KNOW HOW TO USE THE FORCE? OR JUST SENSE IT? Why did they only show 10 ragtag soldiers on the cargo ship, when there were 40 odd fighting. 

4/5

---Uh, those scenes didn't need to explain themselves as they where setting up other scenes and background information for the main story as that story had to fit into 1 movie yet had many parts.

They showed Jyn as a child have her dad taken away and that her dad wasn't a bad guy. Also relevant was her basically losing her family and being raised by rebels. 

They explained why she was in jail when being interrogated by the rebel alliance. Showing how she got captured was not important. The important part was to show she was (cliche alert!) a rouge. At that point she was neither and wanted nothing to do with Imperials or Rebels. The scene also was a method to show how the rebellion found her(as they have spies and knew she was arrested) as she was in hiding.

So basically the "jumpiness" was because they did not have the luxury of time to draw out her character development. The audience needed to get up to speed quickly and I think those scenes did a great job without having to rely on constantly going back to flash backs and wasting the viewers time when it was better spent on the main story.

---You didn't need to see Vader in the little vat but the really fans/nerds did. Notice how they didn't name the planet when they named every other fucking thing in that movie? It was Mustafar and that scene was I feel to have some more open ended questions and WTF thoughts to people who saw all the movies and maybe watching the cartoons. If you didn't see Ep III that is where he got hacked up and left for dead by Obi-Wan. So it is a planet he almost died on. A planet he was betrayed by his master and someone he saw as his best friend. A planet he force chocked the woman he loves to what he thought was to death(and later really was). Why the fuck would he live there? Well I personally think the vat of goo scene gives a little insight and clue. Vader obviously with needing his suit never fully heals from his brush with death but I think it is showing that he is very much still in the recovery phase and might not even be at a stable point medically yet. Furthermore he is recovering on this planet that caused so much pain and suffering not just physically but emotionally.  Being in a goo tube is kind of familiar to something else we have all been through huh? kind of like a womb? kind of like being reborn? a new life in pain a suffering? what leads to the dark side again?

---The monk is force sensitive which was very much a thing that was part of the extended universe. However, when Disney bought Star Wars they said publicly that none of that is canon anymore. The only thing is even though the extended universe was a big mess I think they liked some aspects and ideas in it and I think this is their way of bringing some of those ideas into the main story and thus now canon. In the extended universe force sensitives never went into training to be Jedi or Sith but basically they are in tune enough with the force they could have(if they know it or not). Those that know it like the monk can "use the force". Maybe not in the typical Jedi ways but as he said, they are one with the force and he was obviously using the force but not in the traditional way. This is what they wanted to show.

---The rebel alliance sent more troops in after they found out what was happening. I don't think the cargo ship ever had exactly 10. It was a little more. However, it wasn't 40 and I think the "40" you are thinking of was eventually a lot more then that. There was a direct line from a rebel female pilot that said she was dropping reinforcements. Did you miss that line?

THANK YOU @ctark FOR FINALLY ADDING A MUCH NEEDED SPOILER BUTTON.

Just saw it yesterday. Didn't think it was great but thought it was okay. Lots of action, without too much dialogue. It was a cool ride but nothing really of substance to takeaway from. Wouldn't see it again but would recommend watching it if you haven't yet.

One question I have is: has filming ended Episode 8? Did Carrie Fisher finish all of her scenes? or will they have to CGI her

like they did in this movie or however they did that last scene.

Edited by Travesty

8 minutes ago, Travesty said:

One question I have is: has filming ended Episode 8? Did Carrie Fisher finish all of her scenes? or will they have to CGI her

Reveal hidden contents

like they did in this movie or however they did that last scene.

According to the internet, yes she did! They finished filming in July, and are still in post production work:

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2016/film/news/carrie-fisher-dead-death-star-wars-viii-8-1201948826/amp/?client=safari

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

Holy fuck. I watched this last night for the first time and it was fucking insane. 10/10. The 4th episode makes so much for sense now.