Sign in to follow this  
WillJoulie

The map replacment on Gmod TTT west

I personally dislike the fact that the new map on west replaced the old one with the cave and hidden knife (I have no idea what the names are) I think they should both be in the server rather then just the new one (which I think is crap) and I know a few people on west agree, and I know I could just go on central but its more of a day server and im a night person (its also overrun by a crap ton of twelve year olds).

Drybones is the name of the new map, Seriouscraft is the name of the map with the hidden knife that you were speaking of.

I believe that Drybones replaced Serious on West because it has a better balance of gameplay, and has more space to run around and explore. Course, it could have been added for a number of reasons, but that's just my opinion.

The seriouscraft map was too open and symmetrical, so it became pretty bland after a while. Not to mention the whole secret knife room thing where an innocent could camp the entire round and force a win if there happened to be no admins on to tele them out. 

Drybones, on the other hand, is more diverse. Traitors aren't forced to camp in trees or in the nether like they were on the seriouscraft map. The density of buildings in drybones makes other tactics more feasible. My only complaint would be the floating gold blocks.

On 12/3/2016 at 0:32 PM, Darren said:

The seriouscraft map was too open and symmetrical, so it became pretty bland after a while. Not to mention the whole secret knife room thing where an innocent could camp the entire round and force a win if there happened to be no admins on to tele them out. 

Drybones, on the other hand, is more diverse. Traitors aren't forced to camp in trees or in the nether like they were on the seriouscraft map. The density of buildings in drybones makes other tactics more feasible. My only complaint would be the floating gold blocks.

I didn't like seriouscraft because people always kept stealing my knife... :(