Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThatOllieWhoDies

HELP ME. ASAP

So my computer has been acting up this past day. I keep getting errors such as "Unexpected_Store_Error" and I remember getting a "Critical Memory Error". This is the same problem I had months ago, but it settled down and now it's happening again. I would be playing games or browsing the Web and the computer would just run super slow to the point where it would freeze at one frame. It would still play music in the background perfectly fine, but when I would open a new tab on chrome it'll just lag super badly and open like 10 seconds later.

Specs: h170-pro (mobo)

8 gb DDR4 XPG A-DATA (RAM)

960 GTX (graphics)

120 GB SSD by A-DATA (SSD)

1 TB western caviar blue (hdd)

Some suspects may be the RAM might be going bad? I looked it up online and I'm not getting much help or ideas in where to start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's the rust cheats. 

I'd try new ram as you're getting a critical memory error. You can always borrow some and see if it fixes it before you go out and buy some new. 

It's the rust cheats. 

I'd try new ram as you're getting a critical memory error. You can always borrow some and see if it fixes it before you go out and buy some new. 

Yeah those rust cheats too op. I'm not sure. If the RAM was the case it's a bit weird that the problem happened that I mentioned above then it worked perfectly fine for a couple months and started acting up again

If you suspect it's a RAM issue, you should download and run memtest86 for 6-7 passes so you know if your memory is fine.

You can also download WhoCrashed, it's a program that analyzes the minidumps that your PC creates when you get a BSOD, it should point you in the right direction. 

Edit:  oh and i would run CHKDSK as well, and before you spend money on new hardware you should try a fresh OS install..  im not an expert or anything, just some things that might help you

If you suspect it's a RAM issue, you should download and run memtest86 for 6-7 passes so you know if your memory is fine.

You can also download WhoCrashed, it's a program that analyzes the minidumps that your PC creates when you get a BSOD, it should point you in the right direction. 

The thing is that I would do that, but it lags unbearably to the point in which I open a page somewhere down the line and it'll load the page and Google Chrome or any other program becomes unresponsive. I can't even press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to get to task manager. If I get a program to open then it just becomes unresponsive after a couple seconds or minutes (if I get lucky) of use. No one that I know of has DDR4 ram that I can borrow. I don't really know any place in LA either that'll repair it without making me pay a ridiculous fee to diagnose the problem

hmm, maybe @driz can help you when he gets a chance :|

Any and all help is definitely appreciated! Thanks once again! Maybe after a few crashes I can finally download and run the test and get something out of it!

2 minutes ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

Yeah!

Okay. Check the drivers (and update them) for all your hardware. Seems dumb, but it's a common issue from what I've heard. 

Are any components making unusual noise? Like your hard drive? Or do you hear any sparking?

Try viewing your device manager to check on those drivers. But if your getting memory errors then it's sounding like a memory problems. Make sure your memory is seated correctly.

Sent from my Z716BL using Tapatalk

Are any components making unusual noise? Like your hard drive? Or do you hear any sparking?

Try viewing your device manager to check on those drivers. But if your getting memory errors then it's sounding like a memory problems. Make sure your memory is seated correctly.

Sent from my Z716BL using Tapatalk

I don't hear any unusual sounds. I turned my computer on today and it did an automatic windows update. After the update, it started working fine again. Then again, I only used it for like 2 or 3 minutes before I had to go to class so I'll see how it works when I come back!

It could very well be windows 10.

When I built my computer it would start shutting down and freezing a lot until I reinstalled windows 10. Annoying as hell considering it wiped everything. Upside was that it has been working fine since.

It could very well be windows 10.

When I built my computer it would start shutting down and freezing a lot until I reinstalled windows 10. Annoying as hell considering it wiped everything. Upside was that it has been working fine since.

I'm pretty sure it was windows 10. I rage bought a SSD and 16 GB of RAM. Installed a fresh windows 10 on the new SSD. Computer finally working! Thank you everyone for all your help!

Fuck windows 10.  Spent an hour today to get my mouse to re-appear, because one of its forced updates last night made it disappear.

I've since learned how to edit my registry to make my ethernet connection appear metered.  No more automatic updates.  Fuck Windows 10.