Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bear-Man-Thing

The Stage - Avenged Sevenfold

So, I don't know how many of you guys are A7X fans, but I have been for more than 10 years.

They just had their live concert, which I missed 90% of :/

Comments about it?  From what I listened to and saw on my phone, it was fucking amazing.  The 360 view was amazing.  Kinda wish I had a VR system so I could have seen it in VR.

Their new album.  I'm listening to it as we type.  Released an hour ago from this post?

Comments about this one?

And sure, general A7X thread?

tbh id rather listen to their old live shows from like 2006 then listen to them now. idk just something about live shows from the last 2-3 years just don't satisfy me. 

Same thing with people like Asking Alexandria with Denis Stoff in the band. Denis voice makes my insides cringe so bad. but thank the lord that Denis left and Dannys back.

Im not saying Denis is bad, its just his style of singing and the style of music Asking Alexandria has just dont match. 

Metallica is a good example, They were fucking awsome in the 80s and 90s, but ever since 2005, James does not have that voice he used to have. 

Misfits, Morbid Angel, Megadeth, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, Oasis, Ozzy Osbourne <-- fucking druggie, Scorpions, Sepultura without Max Cavalera is cringe, Slayer, Van Halen. Now yes most of these are from the 70s and 80s, the singers are getting too old, their bodies cant handle the voice they used to half without their voice box being exploded.

I used to be in love with A7X music. 

Not really into their earliest or latest stuff anymore, but I listen to the self-titled and City of Evil every now and then.

The music for me has gone downhill from them ever since The Rev died, he wasn't just the drummer he was a major song writer for that band and it took a huge hit, sad man. I'll give their new album a listen though, I wish they would start to make music that sounds like the old A7X. But thats a hard task without the Rev.

My favorite Avenged Sevenfold moment was when they played Afterlife at the LBC. Best A7X concert imo.

STST is an album that I don't like either.  But the rest I love.

I definitely agree with their music going downhill a little bit since The Rev dying, but it did get better.  HttK has it's moments, but The Stage is on another level.  I've only listened to it once except the last song, Exist, which is 15 minutes long.  And so far, it's fantastic.

I guess Neil DeGrasse Tyson makes an appearance in Exist.  Ofc it's the one song I haven't listened to :/

I feel like the change in the style of music which they play can be attributed to their age.  They're getting older, M Shadows' voice probably can't do the screamy stuff that much anymore.  Plus, they have had a change in members a couple of times, but leaving the roots together.  I feel like they're doing big things with what they have done in the past two albums.  Despite HttK being a tribute album.