Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amoeba

Homework Idea Help

So while im juggling with 7 different assignments, I don't really have time to think of a good plot and pretty much am going to waste 5 minutes to even post this. I need a topic for an essay on something in the medical field wise that isn't a common subject matter. Suggestions?

If you cut the link between the left and right hemisphere in the brain it cures most cases of epilepsy but it also sometimes results in half of your body doing things when you don't tell it to.  This guy explains it well 

23 minutes ago, Destin said:

If you cut the link between the left and right hemisphere in the brain it cures most cases of epilepsy but it also sometimes results in half of your body doing things when you don't tell it to.  This guy explains it well 

Totally dig this. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Destin said:

the corpus callosum. that high school psychology class is coming to use haHAA

I did a report in my basic engineering college course about 3D printed medical treatments. A woman had a condition where her skull kept expanding inwards, eventually suffocating her brain. As her skull grew larger and larger, her brain was being pressed more and more, leading to loss of vision and psychological problems. Doctors took an MRI print of her skull and 3D printed an exact replica using a tough fibre. They mirrored the cut on the affected part of her skull with the 3D print and just swapped the two pieces. She fully recovered.

2 hours ago, Sith said:

I did a report in my basic engineering college course about 3D printed medical treatments. A woman had a condition where her skull kept expanding inwards, eventually suffocating her brain. As her skull grew larger and larger, her brain was being pressed more and more, leading to loss of vision and psychological problems. Doctors took an MRI print of her skull and 3D printed an exact replica using a tough fibre. They mirrored the cut on the affected part of her skull with the 3D print and just swapped the two pieces. She fully recovered.

Damn it sith, only if you were a night owl. I had literally 8 hours to do all my homework because I was at a service all weekend. I will do my next report next time with this though.