Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakota

WestWorld - Discussion and Theories

21 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Finale was A+. My lord.

WESTWORLD WAS FUCKING LIT.

I have no idea what they're gonna do for season 2. I also liked the Samurai World reference.

EDIT: 2K Posts woo

I have no idea what they're gonna do for season 2. I also liked the Samurai World reference.

Woah woah woah woah

What reference? I thought in the og movie it was just Roman and future world. I don't think it's a reference so much as a hint that there is more than just west world. Even on maeves paper it says "park 1" suggesting there is more than 1 park

2 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Woah woah woah woah

What reference? I thought in the og movie it was just Roman and future world. I don't think it's a reference so much as a hint that there is more than just west world. Even on maeves paper it says "park 1" suggesting there is more than 1 park

Ok, not so much a reference as a foreshadowing, but referencing the original movie that there is other worlds: https://www.inverse.com/article/24701-westworld-hbo-samurai-alternate-parks

4 minutes ago, Swed said:

Restabilize the park, Maeve looking for daughter, likely dive more into Samurai World and Roman World.  Would be surprised if Dolores will be allowed to remain in commission.

I was shocked once again, by something I saw coming. Old man Ford wasn't going down without a bang.

It was amazing but I felt like some things were tied up much too neatly. Right now, the only questions are really 1. How will they continue this story now? and 2. Are we going to see the other parks?

Maeve's cornerstone was her daughter. Her artificial sentience made it seem as though she was only being told that she wasn't making the decisions on her own, yet when confronted with her cornerstone , it served the purpose of keeping her in the park yet again. 

The tiny hints run so deep with this series. That gun that Dolores found in a drawer so early on in the season, then it disappeared when she flashed to the present. I assume that is where she stashed it after killing Arnold and she was simply remembering that. Her merge with Wyatt and how Teddy always talks about how Wyatt destroyed his world (when Dolores massacred everyone). The "sins" he had to atone for (helping Dolores kill the people in the town). 

Williams knife? I knew the MiB was William, yet I never realized why. My take on it was that he saw sentience in Dolores on his first visit. He fell in love with it, with her. He returned over and over hoping to see that level of sentience in her so he could be reunited with her. His obsession with the maze was his obsession with seeing that in her again. Ford fucking delivered. He finally provided the guest (now majority shareholder) with what he really wanted from that world in the end. 

The writers on this were amazing. I cannot see a second season beating this or even coming close to being as good. The cat is out of the bag already. 

Fucking great episode.

13 hours ago, Junzou said:

Restabilize the park, Maeve looking for daughter, likely dive more into Samurai World and Roman World.  Would be surprised if Dolores will be allowed to remain in commission.

Nah idk about re-stabilizing the park. Assuming the horde goes on a rampage tonight i don't see how you can try to fix everything and try to keep the place open. Season two is going to be full of chaos.

9 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Nah idk about re-stabilizing the park. Assuming the horde goes on a rampage tonight i don't see how you can try to fix everything and try to keep the place open. Season two is going to be full of chaos.

Most of the hosts have explosive chips in their spines, and tracking chips.  Blow 'em up, hunt survivors down with QA, start with Gen 3 hosts that they had planned on releasing anyway.

Elsie is a loose end still. Ford said that Bernard never killed anyone else, which means Elsie may still be alive, but trapped with her tracker that went active and Stubbs followed up on. Which also asks where is Stubbs? Also that host that Ford was creating in the field lab was supposed to be Elsie, but if Elsie is alive, does that mean the host could be Ford and the Ford that got shot in the finale is actually the host he's been making all this time? There's an odd focus by the show on the handshake Ford makes, which Ford previously states is a dead giveaway of if someone is a host or not.

30 minutes ago, Swed said:

Elsie is a loose end still. Ford said that Bernard never killed anyone else, which means Elsie may still be alive

Ford was lying Edit: Apparently theres an arg and Elsie has been confirmed to be alive

I also wouldnt be surprised if it turns out Ford made a Host of himself just for that finale

Elsie is a loose end still. Ford said that Bernard never killed anyone else, which means Elsie may still be alive, but trapped with her tracker that went active and Stubbs followed up on. Which also asks where is Stubbs? Also that host that Ford was creating in the field lab was supposed to be Elsie, but if Elsie is alive, does that mean the host could be Ford and the Ford that got shot in the finale is actually the host he's been making all this time? There's an odd focus by the show on the handshake Ford makes, which Ford previously states is a dead giveaway of if someone is a host or not.

Elsie reprogrammed the Indians to capture Stubbs and bring him to her

2 hours ago, Beerman said:

Elsie reprogrammed the Indians to capture Stubbs and bring him to her

That totally makes sense, wonder what happened between her and bernard then.

For season 2 im going to stay away from the theories, because basically all of them were true.

That totally makes sense, wonder what happened between her and bernard then.

For season 2 im going to stay away from the theories, because basically all of them were true.

Yeah I'm staying away from Reddit

21 hours ago, Karma said:

I cannot see a second season beating this or even coming close to being as good. The cat is out of the bag already. 

This could have been a mini-series and just ended there to be honest. I don't know if I want another season because it's already a closed-case. And more of it seems like it will just be the typical Murican thing to do is to ride it out until everyone loses interest (see: The Office).

I think HBO producers inserting the cheesy sex scenes and over-the-top romantic passion could have been dropped (see: Maeve and Hispanic Cowboy fucking in flames)... It just felt like too much. The writers likely didn't script that but HBO probably plugged it in (all speculation from me). I respect HBO but they really need to tone that down because it cheapens what else is happening.

Other than that, good series!

There are so many avenues they still need to explore. We still don't know what Elsie and Stubbs will do. How will Bernard run the park, if it is able to be restored at all at this point. Will maeve find her daughter and take her out of the park? What about mister Abernathy? I still want to see him getting revenge

4 minutes ago, Beerman said:

There are so many avenues they still need to explore. We still don't know what Elsie and Stubbs will do. How will Bernard run the park, if it is able to be restored at all at this point. Will maeve find her daughter and take her out of the park? What about mister Abernathy? I still want to see him getting revenge

Yes they can explore those avenues but it won't be as philosophical, mind-expanding, controversial as the first seasons grandiose plot-lines. Those are all small time. We've already seen the host takeover. We don't really need to see more of it. Like I said, I'd be happy with it just ending there.

Yes they can explore those avenues but it won't be as philosophical, mind-expanding, controversial as the first seasons grandiose plot-lines. Those are all small time. We've already seen the host takeover. We don't really need to see more of it. Like I said, I'd be happy with it just ending there.

I'd like to point out, while easily a cop-out for poor writing, that the fire sex scene was part of a narrative after maeve was altered right? That cheesy scene was suppose to happen in-world.

30 minutes ago, Beerman said:

I'd like to point out, while easily a cop-out for poor writing, that the fire sex scene was part of a narrative after maeve was altered right? That cheesy scene was suppose to happen in-world.

lol wat

Ford thinks to himself:

"Hmm how can I get these guys to take over our world? Oh I know I'll write them storylines to take over!

Hmm... okay I got it! Maeve will break out on her own without any supervision and hopefully no humans...! She'll show Hispanic Cowboy the truth of their world and she'll take him with to kill some of us off. It will be perfect!

But wait a second, if I know myself and I think that I do... I'm probably gonna have to write in a cheesy passionate sex scene just for the lols right?

Yeah I'm definitely gonna just throw that in there. Tehehe!"

Henry continues to write Maeve's new storyline:

"This is the best writing I've done since the great civil war of Ghost Nation and the Confederados!

...Yeah... okay... so we'll get the flames surrounding a passionate kiss so they can both kill themselves. Tehehe!

Man, even though no one will see this at least I will know I'm the best writer here at Westworld!

You're the best Henry!

Thanks Henry!"

I mean yeah. Make love while you forge an alliance to enter hell and take on the Gods.

Also we don't yet know if Felix and Sylvester had reason to help them other than they are fucking retarded. We know employees down there can get away with anything (see jerk off kid) and from that you can tell there is little supervision.

From what Bernard said about maeves whole plan to escape, it was planned by somebody other than her, so it could be interpreted that everything we see her do was, for the most part, meant to happen.