Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakota

WestWorld - Discussion and Theories

I thought the stray bashed his head in to protect the brain, not because he thought he was going crazy.

I believe the implication is he destroyed it to prevent data being retrieved. Allegedly.

I'm not sure if anyone else has found this yet, but on https://www.discoverwestworld.com/ if you hold shift there's a rather interesting message.

"You should go, leave. Hell is empty, and all the devils are here!"

Sound familiar? This could possibly be the "voice" that the hosts hear during the beginning stages of cognition, left there by Arnold.

Looks interesting, I feel like most would stay engaged during the actual watching, but it also looks a bit weird and I could see myself getting confused over what's real and what's fake. Perhaps that would be the entire point though, in which case I would be impressed at the intention of the director. Also J.J. Abrams is producing who is my favorite director ever, so I would have faith that the series would be good. Time to sit and wait for it to come out on Netflix.

21 minutes ago, < FoxCom > said:

Looks interesting, I feel like most would stay engaged during the actual watching, but it also looks a bit weird and I could see myself getting confused over what's real and what's fake. Perhaps that would be the entire point though, in which case I would be impressed at the intention of the director. Also J.J. Abrams is producing who is my favorite director ever, so I would have faith that the series would be good. Time to sit and wait for it to come out on Netflix.

Do you not HBO Go?

It won't be on Netflix. It's an HBO original series

Ah okay, yeah I don't do anything but Netflix but YouTube. HBO does good series. John Adams was the best so far for me which I have on blu-ray disc set. Adds to my good impressions of the show then; will almost definitely watch it now.

Okay so I totally think Dolores was directly involved in Arnold's death. Either she was given complete consciousness and decided to kill Arnold for some reason, or Ford used her to kill Arnold.

I have no idea what the man in black's contribution to it all is.

This is becoming Lost with all the symbols of the maze popping up.

I'm glad we have visited a city away from Stillwater. Logan getting his shit kicked in was one of the things I was wondering, how far can guests be hurt by hosts. Blood play? Can they get cut? Are there any fucking safe words?

And fuck yeah Dolores and will, the romance made in West world

Wtf Beerman how am I supposed to avoid these spoilers?

b82db7550fe998da010a7d07c4370246.png

Now I know that whenever I watch the show a guy named Arnold dies because of Dolores.  Fucking ruined.

If my theory is right, which I hope it is.

Notice the title says Westworld in it? Don't read things that have Westworld in it.

Okay so my bets so far with just 3 episodes left. My hunch about the obvious truth about Bernard was true, which means plots that seem too obvious are no real possibilities.

There are two timelines. Split between when William joined the park(old logo, old can, different hosts on day 1 cycle I'm Stillwater)

In the present the reveries caused Dolores to shoot the guy in the barn and has thrown her off her loop and is essentially retracing her steps( think about to the train scene, it was her William and Lawrence. She then saw the maze logo and it cuts to just her. Same happened with the fortune teller when she was peeling back wire.)

Now we thst we know we have an unreliable narrator in the form of the camera, I think Bernard is a host of Arnold. Which is why he couldn't see the third person in the photo from episode one. Ford literally showed Bernard a picture of himself which he could not see.

The MiB really is William. Based on how they mention stories, how MiB was essentially born there, but the biggest is we still don't know his god damn name. Why keep it a secret if not for because we already know him....JUST IN THE PAST GET FUCKIN HYPED.

3 hours ago, Beerman said:

The MiB really is William. Based on how they mention stories, how MiB was essentially born there, but the biggest is we still don't know his god damn name. Why keep it a secret if not for because we already know him....JUST IN THE PAST GET FUCKIN HYPED.

I dont.. the MiB = William theory seems off. Would just seem like real shit continuity to have a complete different person play the same character, even if he's supposed to be the "older" version. 

I do like the Bernard = Arnold host theory. I think they did a pretty solid job with the way the brought the Bernard plot to the forefront. As soon as the chick asked about the door and he implied he couldn't see it that was all I needed. The fact they had Ford go as far as he did with the chick seemed odd and I'm hoping they give a better explanation. 

That being said, that episode was great, but the two "Mop up" dudes not blowing the whistle on the host chick going rogue is getting on my nerves. I get the whole "Fearing for their jobs" bit, but you just got straight up threatened with death. Time to pull the plug on that shit. 

Yes, I suck with character names. 

I dont.. the MiB = William theory seems off. Would just seem like real shit continuity to have a complete different person play the same character, even if he's supposed to be the "older" version. 

I do like the Bernard = Arnold host theory. I think they did a pretty solid job with the way the brought the Bernard plot to the forefront. As soon as the chick asked about the door and he implied he couldn't see it that was all I needed. The fact they had Ford go as far as he did with the chick seemed odd and I'm hoping they give a better explanation. 

That being said, that episode was great, but the two "Mop up" dudes not blowing the whistle on the host chick going rogue is getting on my nerves. I get the whole "Fearing for their jobs" bit, but you just got straight up threatened with death. Time to pull the plug on that shit. 

Yes, I suck with character names. 

Ryguy and I believe he's going to build a host Theresa to replace her.

Also we think the butchers are hosts too to cut down on costs. As shown with Clem, they can program hosts to see other hosts as human. Which would imply that whoever is pulling the strings in upper management, may be allowing the butchers to help her.

8 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Ryguy and I believe he's going to build a host Theresa to replace her.

Also we think the butchers are hosts too to cut down on costs. As shown with Clem, they can program hosts to see other hosts as human. Which would imply that whoever is pulling the strings in upper management, may be allowing the butchers to help her.

I was actually considering that as well (butchers = hosts). Curious to see that story line play out.

Only reason I dont believe it fully is because then I'm not sure why Felix, the asian one, was fucking with that God damn bird trying to get a promotion

Or why they would give a personality similar to the angry guy

There's a good write up on reddit that proves that William can't be MiB.

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/5cw3dp/why_william_cantmib/

Besides that, I without a doubt think the host that was being created in the basement is going to be Theresa. Bernard has been analyzing her since the first episode to get everything perfect.

As Donald Trump said: WRONG.

This is assuming the guy that checks on william and Dolores is the qc they talk about from command central. BUT I think Dolores is straying from her narrative in the present after shooting the gun at the barn. That's why she appeared on the train alone at the end of ep 5 and alone in the fortune teller room there are two stories being told. We don't know what caused her to fall into the arms of William yet. They are using deceptive editing to make it seem like it's one big story. Im not buying it

Plus there is too many hints at the logo for there not to be a reason for it

I mean, I don't deny that it's possible, but it would be such a stretch that I imagine the average viewer who just watches and doesn't theorize online would have absolutely no idea what the fuck was happening. 

3 hours ago, Musicfreak said:

I mean, I don't deny that it's possible, but it would be such a stretch that I imagine the average viewer who just watches and doesn't theorize online would have absolutely no idea what the fuck was happening. 

I hope to see what caused Dolores to run into William's arms. I assume that'll be a huge scene

Alright, after last episode I'm pretty convinced there are three timelines. 35 years ago, where the hosts are still very basic and can be seen dancing in the town, where Dolores kills everyone in the town (and Arnold), 30 years ago where she's currently with William, and then the present where it's empty (MiB timeline)