Sign in to follow this  
Eaglewonj

UV Clan Radio

This is from Levyon, to you, our listening audience:

Hey Everyone, Just wanted to remind everyone we have a clan radio. Our DJs havn't been on much just because no one listens so theres no point. If people start listening I'll make up a schedule so people can see when their favorite DJs are on or what kinds of music they play.

The radio is not clan funded meaning I have been paying for the radio for the past three months, so donations are needed. You can pay via Paypal if you want.

To listen to the radio you can visit our home page or in the forums in the menu bar at the top of the page theres a like. To listen in-game just type !radio and the first option is our radio.

If the radio does not load in 10-20 seconds that means no one is DJing. If you want to do a request or shout out, ask the DJ on xFire. Also, DJ slots are still open so if you want to be a DJ check out the UndeadFM forum for details.

Thanks for reading.

Levyon

Guest Fohacidal

Extra note, certain DJs can take requests to actually stream out music, today I had nothing to do and was djing for 3 hours (6pm to 9pm CST) all rock, so If you want someone to DJ try asking them and they can probably do it, I know I can.

The reason we don't listen to the radio is because it sucks ass and the music choice is extremely bad.

and because no one is ever djing

Guest Fohacidal
The reason we don't listen to the radio is because it sucks ass and the music choice is extremely bad.
and because no one is ever djing

Way to be assholes...

Me, I love the radio. Sometimes i would turn on css and idle in a server. (zm) and just listen while im on the comp

Radio usage would probably increase significantly if there was some sort of in-game notice which informed players when a DJ was on. I personally love the UV radio, but I don't usually think of tuning in to check if a DJ is working. If there was a message that appeared when I entered the server which told me if a DJ was on (and if possible, who it was) then I'd use the radio much more often.

If such a message were possible i would suggest that it say something along the lines of:

=(UV)= Undead FM

DJ: (DJ's name)

Genre(s): (Ex: Techno, Trance, Classic Rock, Whatever else you play)

Taking Requests: (How to contact the DJ, Ex: Xfire - S3Xmagik)

Since my experience with what can and can't be done with CounterStrike is limited to mapping and kicking the shit out of people on zombie servers, I have absolutely no idea as to whether or not this is a reasonable request. However, I expect that if it was implemented it would make the UV radio more convenient and attract more listeners.

-last note: last time i tried !radio on wcs nothing happened. Is it limited to zm server only? If so, you should add it to other servers as well, I don't like having to get out of CS to open up Undead FM through the UV website.

Guest Fohacidal

I tried the ZM server last night, marcos did to, there is no way to listen to the radio from there typing in "music" and the "!radio" command doesnt work

Guest EMSBullet

What kind of songs do the DJ's play?

Oh and to be a DJ do u need something like be in the clan or pay money?

And is the option for listening to songs choosing?

(example) Rock Hip/Hop R/B Rap

Is it like that? options for picking?

You fucking DJ then asshole. Jesus fucking christ if you don't like something then you do it.

Also, bump for Sexmagik's post. Great idea!

I'd be more than willing to DJ. I just got my HDD back up and running and recently got Traktor 3 Studio.

Should be sick. I'm making another psytrance mix (hour long) either tonight or tomorrow. :)

Seriously? Do want! Also, we need to find ways of alerting when a dj is on. Not just in-game. Maybe at the head of the forums and in the motd or a console message.

Seriously? Do want! Also, we need to find ways of alerting when a dj is on. Not just in-game. Maybe at the head of the forums and in the motd or a console message.

Yeah it seems lack of advertising/publicity hinders the radio's ability to be as great as it could be =\

Guest Fohacidal

Iv said it before and Ill say it again, nobody has fixed it so you can even listen to the radio on the servers...

I feel bad for Levyon, he pays this money to keep up a radio that not many people listen to. If we had better support, this could be epic. Does anyone know PHP script or the like? Levyon said he can see the IP of who ever is djing. If we take that and have the PHP script do an IP fetch based on who's djing, we could convert it in to a textual statement.

For example:

XX.116.53.9, that is my IP. I blanked out one number segment for privacy.

The script would work like this, XX.116.53.9 is currently djing. XX.116.53.9 is the IP of =(UV)= Claytonian. Then, "The current DJ is =(UV)= Claytonian."

I bet at least someone could do this, we have to have at least 1 or 2 php coders. Also, I'm going to look around and see if I could find someone willing to help.

Its only forum people that knows about the radio.. Not ingame people.. So we kinda need something that will keep it populated because the little radio thing that already is ingame is used alot..

i'd DJ but i would be too noobish and all i have is maybe 100 songs of video game music and another 200 midis of video game music no other music :(

and another reason of me probably not applying is that i don't have the right tools to DJ :P

I feel bad for Levyon, he pays this money to keep up a radio that not many people listen to. If we had better support, this could be epic. Does anyone know PHP script or the like? Levyon said he can see the IP of who ever is djing. If we take that and have the PHP script do an IP fetch based on who's djing, we could convert it in to a textual statement.

For example:

XX.116.53.9, that is my IP. I blanked out one number segment for privacy.

The script would work like this, XX.116.53.9 is currently djing. XX.116.53.9 is the IP of =(UV)= Claytonian. Then, "The current DJ is =(UV)= Claytonian."

I bet at least someone could do this, we have to have at least 1 or 2 php coders. Also, I'm going to look around and see if I could find someone willing to help.

I still have the script. Waiting for one the seniors to put it on the site/forums.