Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

Guitar Hero III

Yeah yeah, maybe it should be in the games section or whatever, well I feel like posting it here. I played the game for the first time the other day and I must admit, it was hella fun. After being limited to my computer once again I went searching for GHII on Pc, lo and behold thepiratebay came through for me. So now that I know it's on Pc, I also know that I have access to the game files. I assume others have also noticed this and I expect for there to already be custom songs out for it, but I am looking onto it myself and I'll report back here with what I find, or don't find for that matter.

-Audio

Please don't..That game makes me want to commit hara kiri with a frisbee, I've played guitar for 6 years, I have a gibson SG Supreme and a Martin D-18, I went to walmart, fiddled with a game of Guitar hero 2 Failed black magic woman on expert, some kid laughed at me and called told me I suck at guitar.

Guest Fohacidal

Guitar Hero used to be good, its crap now, Rock Band is a much better investment

No Rack Band on PC, I don't think lol. That and it's not like I'm buying it for Pc, I'd buy it for Wii or 360 though. Also, even if Rock Band has a PC port, I bet it won't let me use a keyboard like GH3 will. Also I just want to make custom songs to see how it sounds, ya'll should know by now how I like to mess with stuff :P

-Audio

EDIT: Also, if the custom songs turn out half ass, I'll go out and buy the guitar for PC, playing on a keyboard is harder than it sounds.

I know that, but is Rock Band on the PC? Also, I don't want to play the drums or sing, I play drums in real life and I have no interest in singing. Also, I only want to figure out GH3s format for custom songs, trying to do the same for Rock Band would take forever, with all the different parts. So I have many reasons for wanting to use GH3 instead of Rock Band, this is not a thread on which is better or why. Damn...

-Audio

Also, in my first post it was meant to say GHIII, not GHII, and I know all about the edit button but for some reason

my internet crapped out on me and I had to resend the post and it posted two, so I will use this for that edit.

And Mind, GH (OR ROCK BAND, to keep foh from freaking out on my posts) really isn't much like playing guitar. Sounds like you had a bad experience with it, I suggest you go and try it again, but this time don't assume that a controller with 5 buttons will play like a full blow instrument >> and kick the punk ass kid in the nuts >:\

-Audio

Guest Fohacidal
Rock Band and Guitar Hero are from the same people. The only difference is the layout of players.

Wtf no they are not

uhhhh. Frets on fire?

I've been playing that instead of Gh3 since I don't have it.

It is a little different, but It's practically the same stuff.

Only downside is that you have to dl your own songs.

If you need help with anything FoF relative, PM me.

You're supposed to use a keyboard but i use a 360 controller.

Yard sales ftw.

Guest starscream

the Frets on Fire/GH comparison sounds like the StepMania/DDR equivalent, in fact, i cant play DDR with my feet better than regular mode, but i can play finger DDR on my laptop with Stepmania on Oni a/o Heavy mode on most of songs

Well as I suspected, Rock Band doesn't even have a PC port, and I doubt it will. It's very impractical to try that. But I've managed to beat through medium on GHIII with my keyboard. I made the buttons to where I can hold it like a guitar and it works quite well actually, lol.

-Audio