Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dray

Any Good Drum Covers?

I've been getting into playing drums during my band class

all we have been doing is making up our own beats, but then we eventually did some drum covers like eye of the tiger, we will rock you, etc

and i got interested in trying to practice some songs to a drum beat, one of them being paint it black 

so i just wanted to know if there is any other good drum cover for me to practice or try out.

3 hours ago, Yunki said:

Real talk, though:

I was kind of expecting that chick's recording to be garbage because of the fan and her dicking around. Wasn't awful  though. 

10 hours ago, DR3Y said:

I've been getting into playing drums during my band class

all we have been doing is making up our own beats, but then we eventually did some drum covers like eye of the tiger, we will rock you, etc

and i got interested in trying to practice some songs to a drum beat, one of them being paint it black 

so i just wanted to know if there is any other good drum cover for me to practice or try out.

Is that you? Kappa

I used to LOVE Ricky Ficarelli, then I started to like Cobus, CooperDrummer, and Matt McGuier.

Here are some videos I really like:

(This one is silly, but this next one is one of my absolute favorites, and it's just an awesome cover.)

(This gives me goosebumps, i dunno. You can see the passion he has for drumming, and you can see the beauty of the world, and of music aswell.)

These guys might not be the best to "learn" from, but you can totally pick up some articulation skills and learn some new rudiments.

If you can't tell, I am very passionate about music, I grew up drumming, I've taken multiple lessons, I've played all through school and high school. Hell, my first pair of drumsticks was a wooden spoon and a turkey baster. I love music, I love performing, I love it all.

If you like melodies, and beautiful ballads, for sure check out this thing called DCI. It stands for "Drum Corps International", otherwise known as "Marching musics major league". This is a group of several different bands that are the best of the best, and they do what they do best, they perform this beautiful music, and the songs these people play are hand written for them, and it is just amazing what these people can do. They have a lot of small events, then a large "finals" at Lucas Oil Stadium every year. If you live it America, there's more than likely a drum corp for your state! I am an ambassador for the DCI, if you have any questions, about the DCI and/or drumming or music at all, please send me a message.

Music is my life, my love, my passion. I'd do just about anything to introduce someone and try to get them to feel music as I feel music.